Dave P

Sarasota, FL

#241 Jun 26, 2013
This can get racy. Does this mean the RCC outlaws oral sex as well, claiming its a form of "contraception"?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#242 Jun 26, 2013
Mike, I thought you might be interested in this: I just received a message from our pastor and evangelistic team in Burundi. In the picture was a borrowed catholic center that they were using to evangelize. Thanks!
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#243 Jun 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
Mike, I thought you might be interested in this: I just received a message from our pastor and evangelistic team in Burundi. In the picture was a borrowed catholic center that they were using to evangelize. Thanks!
You are welcome.

Been there quite a few centuries. The Church is there to help everyone. We always get a few converts from 'evangelistic' teams when they see the Catholic Church giving their lives to help those people.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#244 Jun 27, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome.
Been there quite a few centuries. The Church is there to help everyone. We always get a few converts from 'evangelistic' teams when they see the Catholic Church giving their lives to help those people.
We also have a small Burundi church here in tx that we help support. The problem we have with them is that if we do to much they get lazy and stop helping themselves. They have been used to living in poverty and they have very few expectations in life.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Manassas, VA

#245 Jun 27, 2013
Mary and the Roman Catholic church.
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/renewing-y...
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Manassas, VA

#246 Jun 27, 2013
Dave P wrote:
This can get racy. Does this mean the RCC outlaws oral sex as well, claiming its a form of "contraception"?
No, actually it is allowed as long as it culminates in the sexual act of sperm being deposited in the woman. Are we headed for the gutter here Dave? Mark will surely take us there, I am afraid when he starts his crap. I probably should not have went there but I hate to leave a serious theological question hanging.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Manassas, VA

#247 Jun 27, 2013
Have a good day. This is one place I am getting out of, quickly.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Manassas, VA

#248 Jun 27, 2013
[QUOTE who=""]<quoted text>No, actually it is allowed as long as it culminates in the sexual act of sperm being deposited in the woman.[/QUOTE]Let me clarify, I knew I should have never went here.
It is allowed as long as it culminates in the sexual act of sperm being deposited in the womb of the woman. That did need to be specified.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Manassas, VA

#249 Jun 27, 2013
What? This is getting worse and worse.

It is allowed as long as it culminates in the sexual act of sperm being deposited in the womb of the woman. That did need to be specified.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#250 Jun 27, 2013
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL wrote:
Mary and the Roman Catholic church.
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/renewing-y...
More Sproul trash

Location hidden

#251 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>No, actually it is allowed as long as it culminates in the sexual act of sperm being deposited in the woman. Are we headed for the gutter here Dave? Mark will surely take us there, I am afraid when he starts his crap. I probably should not have went there but I hate to leave a serious theological question hanging.
More Sproul trash

Location hidden

#252 Jun 27, 2013
What? This is getting worse and worse.
More Sproul trash
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

#253 Jun 27, 2013
Not trying to gutterize this. The catholic stand leaves questions. Is sex therefore something that is simply a vehicle for childbirth? Catholic couples aren't to engage in relations simply out of love, affection and intimacy with their partner? Any family planning measures are banned?

Common sense apparently tells some Catholics that the church is out to lunch on these views. The church blames people, people blame the church. Doesn't appear the bible was speaking of modern day situations on this topic.

Ps Sproul- we are leaving the gutter section. I don't desire to stay there.

Location hidden

#254 Jun 27, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Perhaps the issue with Onan isn't contraception. Perhaps the issue was his attitude. This also predates the law of Moses.
Contraception is a modern invention. More study to be done on this when time permits.
"Contraception is a modern invention." WRONG! But then even your church history doesn't go any farther back than the length of your p***s.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

#255 Jun 27, 2013
You're not a disciple of Jesus. You have nothing to add, being carnal.

Location hidden

#256 Jun 27, 2013
Dave P wrote:
You're not a disciple of Jesus. You have nothing to add, being carnal.
Disciple? They all died a long time ago!
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#257 Jun 27, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Perhaps the issue with Onan isn't contraception. Perhaps the issue was his attitude. This also predates the law of Moses.
Contraception is a modern invention. More study to be done on this when time permits.
Not modern.

Anthropological studies show that means of contraception existed in antiquity. Medical papyri described various contraceptive methods used in China in the year 2700 BC and in Egypt in the year 1850 BC. Soranos (AD 98-139), a Greek physician from Ephesus, described seventeen medically approved methods of contraception. Also at this time, abortion and infanticide were not uncommon practices in the Roman Empire.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Morehead, KY

#258 Jun 27, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
More Sproul trash
That is actually the teaching of Father John Corapi. Rather I should say ex-Father since he apparently has resigned. I heard his teaching about the Catholic position sometime back and have found he resigned when I was trying to link to him. Oh well, I think it would help your understanding of Catholic doctrine if you would listen to their teaching occasionally.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Morehead, KY

#259 Jun 27, 2013
Dave P

United States

#260 Jun 27, 2013
Contraception as an issue of the faith seems more the issue then. I don't see the Onan story as mainly dealing with contraception issues. As with most spiritual things it seems to be a heart issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 3 hr Barnsweb 1,132
How can i get a copy of my background check? (Nov '13) 17 hr Louis Hawkins 3
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sun IM NOT FAT OR LAZY 1,359
Indictments issued Sep 26 shannonsmith 1
hottest girl (Jan '14) Sep 26 me fartwhistle 3
Why are ... Sep 25 satoshi 1
Sola fide? Sep 24 William 77

Bassett Jobs

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]