|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
1. Prayers for the dead .…………-----300 A.D.
2. Making the sign of the cross …………………………300 A.D.
3. Veneration of angels & dead saints …………------375 A.D.
4. Use of images in worship………………………… 375 A.D.
5. The Mass as a daily celebration………………………… 394 A.D.
6 Beginning of the exaltation of Mary; the term, "Mother of God" applied a Council of Ephesus……………..--- 431 A.D.
7 Extreme Unction (Last Rites)………………………526 A.D.
8. Doctrine of Purgatory-Gregory 1…………………………593 A.D..
9. Prayers to Mary & dead saints …………………………600 A.D.
10. Worship of cross, images & relics ………………………… 786 A.D.
11 Canonization of dead saints …………………………995 A.D.
12. Celibacy of priesthood …………………………1079 A.D.
13. The Rosary ………………………… 1090 A.D.
14. Indulgences …………………………1190 A.D.
15. Transubstantiation-Innocent III ………………………… 1215 A.D.
16. Auricular Confession of sins to a priest …………………… 1215 A.D.
17. Adoration of the wafer (Host)……………………… 1220 A.D.
18. Cup forbidden to the people at communion …………………..1414 A.D.
19. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma…………………………1439 A.D.
20. The doctrine of the Seven Sacraments confirmed …………….1439 A.D.
21 Tradition declared of equal authority with Bible by Council of Trent………………………… 1545 A.D.
22. Apocryphal books added to Bible ………-------1546 A.D.
23. Immaculate Conception of Mary…………………………1854 A.D.
24, Infallibility of the pope in matters of faith and morals, proclaimed by the Vatican Council ……………… 1870 A.D.
25. Assumption of the Virgin Mary (bodily ascension into heaven shortly after her death)………………………1950 A.D.
26. Mary proclaimed Mother of the Church……………………… 1965 A.D.
A lot of these are are lies. Nearly all of these are affirmations for what the Church has always believed after some heresy arose.
22. for example is an ignorant one. Those were in the Bible since the Bible was created since the council in 382. Trent reaffirmed them at Father Luther threw them out. You read an incomplete Bible. Even the first KJV had them in there.
The Rosary is not doctrine. Nobody is required to say the Rosary.
You change churches like somebody changes clothes and you don't believe what people in your own church believes.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
Kristen Kelly was raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic elementary school and considered herself a good Catholic, but when she was 21-years-old that changed.
“A coworker asked me if I believe in Jesus Christ,” she says.
Despite spending her entire life in the Roman Catholic Church she couldn’t answer the question.
“I never really got exposed to Christ," she says. "It was more about Mary and the Church and a condemnation of everything I was doing wrong.”
She looked at her coworker and saw someone who appeared to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and decided that was what she wanted. She said this prayer:
“Jesus I accept that you are my lord and savior, and I ask you to come into my life.”
CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories
And from that moment Kelly, now 41 and living in Florida, considered herself born-again, and an ex-Catholic.
“I like to call us recovering Catholics,” she says with a laugh.
According to a 2008 study by the Pew Forum on Religious Life and Public Life, 31% of Americans were raised Catholic, but only 24% now describe themselves as Catholic.
Many thousands of similar stories...
She will always be a Catholic. Indelible seal of anointment at her baptism. She is just one confession away from coming back.

She will be like thousands of similar stories when she gets through with her contraceptive days and the feeling of false comfort because of sole fida and she wakes up in Church and says is this worship? Is listening a a man speak for 40 minutes worship? Her hunger for the body and blood of Christ will bring her back as she gets older.

At judgement day, you can claim ignorance. Probably wont work because you know enough to blaspheme God's Church. She can't use that one.

That teaching is hard and they no longer followed Jesus.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
She will always be a Catholic. Indelible seal of anointment at her baptism. She is just one confession away from coming back.
She will be like thousands of similar stories when she gets through with her contraceptive days and the feeling of false comfort because of sole fida and she wakes up in Church and says is this worship? Is listening a a man speak for 40 minutes worship? Her hunger for the body and blood of Christ will bring her back as she gets older.
At judgement day, you can claim ignorance. Probably wont work because you know enough to blaspheme God's Church. She can't use that one.
From a protestant radio host, Alan Hunt I think, "we are getting your bad Catholics, you are getting our good Protestants".

I can name some too.

believe that conversion stories uniquely fill this role. In them, people can follow the journeys of others just like themselves who have already traveled this path. They can relate to the internal and external struggles, the questions and even the doubts. The stories also give a glimpse of the joy of discovery and peace of finally coming home.
One such story is presented in Allen Hunt’s new book Confessions of a Mega Church Pastor. Allen is no typical convert (is there really such a thing?). He was a United Methodist pastor here in Atlanta. Not just any pastor, but the senior pastor – the force behind Mount Pisgah. It is one of the largest Methodist congregations in the world with 15,000 members. Academically, Allen’s credentials include a Yale Ph.D. in New Testament and Ancient Christian Origins.
What motivates such a successful, educated, highly respected, deeply loved Protestant pastor at the peek of his career to leave it all behind and become a Catholic layperson? Without giving away the story, it is basically the same reason many Protestant clergy before him have given… so succinctly summarized:
To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
When I get to church this morning I am going to make sure I give our ex-catholics a hug.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
When I get to church this morning I am going to make sure I give our ex-catholics a hug.
And where might this be? I may have missed it but I've not noticed you mentioning the brand you attend. Ashamed of it?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody needs hugs. Fallen away Catholics. No such thing as an ex-Catholic unless the Church excommunicates them.

Ask them if they miss the Eucharist. They will probably so no, but it will stir their heart.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
And where might this be? I may have missed it but I've not noticed you mentioning the brand you attend. Ashamed of it?
Something like United Churches in the World or something like that.

You can express your own point of view. "unity thru diversity"

So of like the Apostles, they each believed what they wanted to. "Jesus started Sola Scriptura you know."

And Bibles rained down on Earth at the end of the 1st Century. They don't know the day even though it is their idol thy worship. You would have thought that they would know that date.

I bet the Catholic Church erased that from all the history books.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody needs hugs. Fallen away Catholics. No such thing as an ex-Catholic unless the Church excommunicates them.
Ask them if they miss the Eucharist. They will probably so no, but it will stir their heart.
I thought you said that you do not believe in once saved always saved.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said that you do not believe in once saved always saved.
I have no clue what you are talking about. You responded to a post about fallen away Catholics and the Eucharist with this?

You confuse me. Of course I don't believe in something that doesn't exist. OSAS. It was made up by Father Luther.

It is not in the Bible.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no clue what you are talking about. You responded to a post about fallen away Catholics and the Eucharist with this?
You confuse me. Of course I don't believe in something that doesn't exist. OSAS. It was made up by Father Luther.
It is not in the Bible.
Post #188 you said this: "No such thing as an ex-Catholic unless the Church excommunicates them."

Once saved always saved except when the church excommunicates them. If a catholic stays true to his church, he can sin all he wants as long as he goes to the confessional box. What I am saying is that a catholic can live in constant sin and will remain saved as long as her he does the rituals correctly and works his way through purgatory. Now lie your way out of this.

Once a catholic always a catholic= once saved always saved because you cannot always be a catholic without always being saved. Remember only catholics go to heaven because it is the only true church and only through the catholic church can anyone be saved. Well-except a few atheist. Make up your mind!
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

So mike the catholic church cannot exist if once saved always saved is a lie. Either that or your doctrine is full of flaws.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Works in exchange for salvation is actually what the c church is all about, there is no hope unless one perfects himself but he really does not have to worry about it until he gets to purgatory. They talk grace but trust in their self righteousness rather than Jesus's righteousness. Jesus works must have failed to satisfied the demands of God. We might as well request go back to the garden and hope for another chance-maybe Jesus will get it right next time or we can stop sinning...
Mike Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #188 you said this: "No such thing as an ex-Catholic unless the Church excommunicates them."
Once saved always saved except when the church excommunicates them. If a catholic stays true to his church, he can sin all he wants as long as he goes to the confessional box. What I am saying is that a catholic can live in constant sin and will remain saved as long as her he does the rituals correctly and works his way through purgatory. Now lie your way out of this.
Once a catholic always a catholic= once saved always saved because you cannot always be a catholic without always being saved. Remember only catholics go to heaven because it is the only true church and only through the catholic church can anyone be saved. Well-except a few atheist. Make up your mind!
You are telling untruths.

Focus:

OSAS was invented by the heretic Martin Luther.

Catholic does not equal saved.

I was saved.
I am being saved.
I hope to be saved.

I will always be a Catholic unless I get excommunicated.

Never said only Catholics go to heaven. I said that the Catholic Church teaches that non-catholic Christians have a chance if they are baptized and don't die in the state of mortal sin. People are penalized for being born in the wrong Church.

However since you don't believe in confession, and you have intentionally blasphemed the Church, only God knows. The plea of ignorance might be the only defense. I know he will make you answer John 6:66. I love that verse number dont you?
Mike Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
So mike the catholic church cannot exist if once saved always saved is a lie. Either that or your doctrine is full of flaws.
Read the CCC before posting. Ignorance is no excuse. It is free online.

No clue what you are talking about.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are telling untruths.
Focus:
OSAS was invented by the heretic Martin Luther.
Catholic does not equal saved.
I was saved.
I am being saved.
I hope to be saved.
I will always be a Catholic unless I get excommunicated.
Never said only Catholics go to heaven. I said that the Catholic Church teaches that non-catholic Christians have a chance if they are baptized and don't die in the state of mortal sin. People are penalized for being born in the wrong Church.
However since you don't believe in confession, and you have intentionally blasphemed the Church, only God knows. The plea of ignorance might be the only defense. I know he will make you answer John 6:66. I love that verse number dont you?
Now you are saying that OSAS was invented by the heretic Martin Luther. Before you were calling him Father Luther, why the change of mind?
Mike Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Bobby wrote:
Works in exchange for salvation is actually what the c church is all about, there is no hope unless one perfects himself but he really does not have to worry about it until he gets to purgatory. They talk grace but trust in their self righteousness rather than Jesus's righteousness. Jesus works must have failed to satisfied the demands of God. We might as well request go back to the garden and hope for another chance-maybe Jesus will get it right next time or we can stop sinning...
Revelation

I saw the dead, the great and the lowly, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. Then another scroll was opened, the book of life.* The dead were judged according to their deeds, by what was written in the scrolls.

The Bible is THIS and That. Saved by faith, by baptism, by works, by repenting..........

Sorry Bobby. Your ticket has not been punched yet.

We are all like Paul working out our salvation with fear and trembling. If you are not, you are really lost.

Don't wait too long. You and I are getting old. The end times for us can come tonite.
Mike Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are saying that OSAS was invented by the heretic Martin Luther. Before you were calling him Father Luther, why the change of mind?
My mistake. The heretic Father Martin Luther. The Father of Protestantism.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation
I saw the dead, the great and the lowly, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. Then another scroll was opened, the book of life.* The dead were judged according to their deeds, by what was written in the scrolls.
The Bible is THIS and That. Saved by faith, by baptism, by works, by repenting..........
Sorry Bobby. Your ticket has not been punched yet.
We are all like Paul working out our salvation with fear and trembling. If you are not, you are really lost.
Don't wait too long. You and I are getting old. The end times for us can come tonite.
John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."

Rom. 3:24, "being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"

Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."

Rom. 4:3, "For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"

Rom. 4:11, "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,"

Rom. 4:16, "Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all."

Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Rom. 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him."

Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith."
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of these are are lies. Nearly all of these are affirmations for what the Church has always believed after some heresy arose.
22. for example is an ignorant one. Those were in the Bible since the Bible was created since the council in 382. Trent reaffirmed them at Father Luther threw them out. You read an incomplete Bible. Even the first KJV had them in there.
The Rosary is not doctrine. Nobody is required to say the Rosary.
You change churches like somebody changes clothes and you don't believe what people in your own church believes.
Yeah, people have been doing that for many years in both directions.

Today we discussed in our class room the issue of a post christian era that I believe has already started. Catholics and protestants both are losing members to the world.

You know, we actually have a lot in common when it comes to morality and conservative values. My fear is that the muslims with start a nuclear war and set in motion the soon return of Christ. During that time anyone who confesses Jesus as Lord will be in peril. The church will probably go underground much like it did in the first century.

Let me put it this way: When I was a soldier, we knew our allies by the uniforms we wore and they were always to be welcomed in our fox hole because we were fighting the same enemy.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, people have been doing that for many years in both directions.
Today we discussed in our class room the issue of a post christian era that I believe has already started. Catholics and protestants both are losing members to the world.
You know, we actually have a lot in common when it comes to morality and conservative values. My fear is that the muslims with start a nuclear war and set in motion the soon return of Christ. During that time anyone who confesses Jesus as Lord will be in peril. The church will probably go underground much like it did in the first century.
Let me put it this way: When I was a soldier, we knew our allies by the uniforms we wore and they were always to be welcomed in our fox hole because we were fighting the same enemy.
Jesus promised to protect its Church from all evil until the end of ages. I hope I am my 'end of ages' comes before then, but only God knows that.

Matthew 24:13: But he who endures to the end will be saved.

1 Corinthians 9:27, Paul says the following about the possibility of even himself losing his salvation:
"but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."

In 1 Corinthians 10:12, Paul warns us all about smug overconfidence regarding our salvation:
"Therefore let any one who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall."

Judas was not once saved always saved.

You need to confess your sins the way the Bible says to. The way the Church, which is the pillar and foundation of the Truch says so.

I advise you to see about when the RCIA program starts in the CC you pick out. They will all teach the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of268
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance