Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Many members of the Church of Christ denomination will then ask the question, "If you get saved by believing, then are the demons saved, because James 2:19 says,'You believe that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

Answer? The demons are a different species than humans. We don't know if there is a plan of salvation for demons (fallen Angels) any more than we do for dogs or cats. It's a typical Church of Christ denomination straw man argument. The question to ask them back is: "I don't know if the demons can get saved by grace through faith or not, but do you think baptism will save a demon?" They usually look at you like you just insulted their mother. Why? Because they realize what a foolish argument they just proposed. That's what happens though, when you are constantly grasping at straws...eventually one will break your camel's back.

Hebrews 6:1-3 says, "Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And God permitting, we will do so." It's time to "move on to maturity, brother.

In Jesus,

Brian
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
Many members of the Church of Christ denomination will then ask the question, "If you get saved by believing, then are the demons saved, because James 2:19 says,'You believe that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe, and tremble."
Answer? The demons are a different species than humans. We don't know if there is a plan of salvation for demons (fallen Angels) any more than we do for dogs or cats. It's a typical Church of Christ denomination straw man argument. The question to ask them back is: "I don't know if the demons can get saved by grace through faith or not, but do you think baptism will save a demon?" They usually look at you like you just insulted their mother. Why? Because they realize what a foolish argument they just proposed. That's what happens though, when you are constantly grasping at straws...eventually one will break your camel's back.
Hebrews 6:1-3 says, "Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And God permitting, we will do so." It's time to "move on to maturity, brother.
In Jesus,
Brian
Are you Baptist or go to a "Mutt" Church. I am sorry a Bible Church.
Brian

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

I donít follow no Pope, you can bet on that
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
Who do you follow? Brian? You must be your own Authority.
Brian

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you follow? Brian? You must be your own Authority.
Which Pope do you follow? You said you majored +++ I mean minored in history +++ you must know then they all did not agree all the time.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Baptist or go to a "Mutt" Church. I am sorry a Bible Church.
"Mutt" Church!!! So funny and appropriate.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Pope do you follow? You said you majored +++ I mean minored in history +++ you must know then they all did not agree all the time.
What do they not agree on?

I know Pope Francis prefers black shoes over red shoes.

Do you know of anymore?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
Who do you follow? What authority does his person have? You didnt answer.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
In Jesus,
Brian
Brian, have you considered that Jesus was half of the tribe of Levi and half of Judah? Uniquely qualified to be priest and king.

This is what the prophecies said.

Hebrews pretends to drum up a whole new theory and law based on ignorant nonsense. Besides, it was written by a disciple of Paul - note they said the Law was brought in to Moses by angels. That isn't what God, Moses or Jesus said.

Fake book brother. Hear Jesus and know the real truth.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

When Jesus told those discussing whose wife a woman would be in the resurrection, He said they erred because they knew not the Scriptures. An important detail is that the only place this had been discussed was in Enoch - which is not in our Bibles, even though Jesus said it is Scripture.

You can get a copy of the Aramaic to English from Amazon.com .
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

And Enoch said the fallen angels and their children have no opportunity to repent or be saved. They were aware of heaven and God and chose to leave their first estate - only to be judged eternally damned and without a chance. That's why the Accuser hates mankind so much - God made a way for them, but not him or his children.
Brian

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

I canít keep up on here. What Church do you go to? Mitchell has me confused, also. He a Catholic? You say the book of Hebrews is fake +++ gosh. Iím moving elsewhere +++ this aint for me
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

'them' being Enoch and mankind, but not the offspring of the fallen angels or the rebellious fallen angels... re-read, and could have been more clear...
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
I canít keep up on here. What Church do you go to? Mitchell has me confused, also. He a Catholic? You say the book of Hebrews is fake +++ gosh. Iím moving elsewhere +++ this aint for me
BW is confused himself. I think he is trying to get a new cult going.

Hey it is pretty cheap. Not much overhead and only need about 8-10 followers to get it off the ground.

Could get profitable. I think you have a better chance in New York though. Jew to Cult .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••