Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Sell everything you have and give to the poor yet? That was his instruction to someone who had kept the commandments.

Have those AENT people sold out? I very seriously doubt it.

You are going about to establish your own righteousness based on laws and commandments that nobody outside of Jesus was able to do. And you are trying to something that nobody else has done in the entire history of mankind and HOPE that it will be acceptable to God.

All of what was given was to show people that they cannot be righteous outside of what Christ did for them. The inputed righteousness of Jesus to you when you believe and trust that he died for your sins, took your sins to hell, and was resurrected by God for your justification is absolutely the only thing that God will accept from you, me, or anyone else.

Filthy rags, is what God calls our supposed righteousness.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Good works increase the righteousness we are given at justification and please God, who promises to give us supernatural rewards on the last day, including the gift of eternal life (Rom 2:6-7, Gal 6:6-10).

5 By your stubbornness and impenitent heart,d you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of wrath and revelation of the just judgment of God,
6 e who will repay everyone according to his works:*
7 eternal life to those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works,

e One who is being instructed in the word should share all good things with his instructor.*
7 Make no mistake: God is not mocked, for a person will reap only what he sows,
8 because the one who sows for his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh, but the one who sows for the spirit will reap eternal life from the spirit.f
9 Let us not grow tired of doing good, for in due time we shall reap our harvest, if we do not give up.g 10
So then, while we have the opportunity, let us do good to all,h but especially to those who belong to the family of the faith.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

http://cecilhook.net/pdf/YES_WE_ARE_UNDER_LAW...

Although those who think Jesus gave a similar code of law have been challenged to make a list of them, no one, to my knowledge, has ever attempted it. He did not give us such a codified law, and even if he had, no one could be saved by keeping it because law cannot save. A code of law only points out what is sin, and sin brings death, not life.

BW is that man.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
Sell everything you have and give to the poor yet? That was his instruction to someone who had kept the commandments.
Have those AENT people sold out? I very seriously doubt it.
You are going about to establish your own righteousness based on laws and commandments that nobody outside of Jesus was able to do. And you are trying to something that nobody else has done in the entire history of mankind and HOPE that it will be acceptable to God.
All of what was given was to show people that they cannot be righteous outside of what Christ did for them. The inputed righteousness of Jesus to you when you believe and trust that he died for your sins, took your sins to hell, and was resurrected by God for your justification is absolutely the only thing that God will accept from you, me, or anyone else.
Filthy rags, is what God calls our supposed righteousness.
Tell Jesus He didn't know what He was teaching because you believe Paul instead. God said it isn't hard to do what He commanded, that it was doable. I don't see God condemning anyone who was faithful to honor and observe His word. Even David wasn't perfect, but I don't see that God said David was condemned to hell because of his imperfection. The difference is that David repented to acknowledge his sin before God. Protestants don't even try to keep His commandments at all - they say they were all nailed to the cross because that's what Paul said.

Well, Paul lied. You'd best repent to do what God said through His only begotten Son if you hope to be saved. Faith that doesn't believe what Jesus said about works is not faith at all.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
Good works increase the righteousness we are given at justification and please God, who promises to give us supernatural rewards on the last day, including the gift of eternal life (Rom 2:6-7, Gal 6:6-10).
5 By your stubbornness and impenitent heart,d you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of wrath and revelation of the just judgment of God,
6 e who will repay everyone according to his works:*
7 eternal life to those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works,
e One who is being instructed in the word should share all good things with his instructor.*
7 Make no mistake: God is not mocked, for a person will reap only what he sows,
8 because the one who sows for his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh, but the one who sows for the spirit will reap eternal life from the spirit.f
9 Let us not grow tired of doing good, for in due time we shall reap our harvest, if we do not give up.g 10
So then, while we have the opportunity, let us do good to all,h but especially to those who belong to the family of the faith.
There you go - Paul said it! Jesus said His words are spirit, but some of you don't believe. To live by the Spirit includes living by the very words of Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit writes them on the heart, that we are careful to do them.(Ez 36:26,27)
How do you test the spirit you obey?
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
http://cecilhook.net/pdf/YES_W E_ARE_UNDER_LAW.pdf
Although those who think Jesus gave a similar code of law have been challenged to make a list of them, no one, to my knowledge, has ever attempted it. He did not give us such a codified law, and even if he had, no one could be saved by keeping it because law cannot save. A code of law only points out what is sin, and sin brings death, not life.
BW is that man.
God said what is sin in Leviticus, Jesus sharpened the vision of those things, but more importantly, only Jesus taught the words that lead to life eternal. Again, you try to twist the truth - but only show your lack of paying attention.

I'll bet if I were to consolidate and list the actual commandments, promises, precepts, judgments and prophecies of Jesus Christ that you still wouldn't be convicted to obey Him instead of Paul.

Do a google search for 'listing of the commandments of Jesus Christ' and see if onediscipletoanother.org shows up somewhere.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Google must have had another change of parameters.

Try 'the teachings of Jesus Christ', which includes more than the commandments. There's a link for the list.

Just by chance, go through it and see if you think some are there that don't belong.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go - Paul said it! Jesus said His words are spirit, but some of you don't believe. To live by the Spirit includes living by the very words of Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit writes them on the heart, that we are careful to do them.(Ez 36:26,27)
How do you test the spirit you obey?
Whatever you bind and loose, he told the first Apostles. Paul was accepted by Peter. All we need to know.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

"Well, Paul lied. You'd best repent to do what God said through His only begotten Son if you hope to be saved. Faith that doesn't believe what Jesus said about works is not faith at all."

Like sell out all that I have and give to the poor? That is what The Man said, after all.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

"I'll bet if I were to consolidate and list the actual commandments, promises, precepts, judgments and prophecies of Jesus Christ that you still wouldn't be convicted to obey Him instead of Paul."

Wait, are you telling us that you don't even know what those commandments, promises, precepts, judgments, and prophecies even are?

If you yourself don't know them, how can you possibly hope to adhere to them?

Are you SURE that you have thought this Torah-thing through?
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you bind and loose, he told the first Apostles. Paul was accepted by Peter. All we need to know.
Peter James and John came to know Paul as a Balaam turn coat - none of them ever said Paul was even the 'least apostle'. and II Peter was not accepted until the Roman Church adopted it about 300 AD. So you prove the point by a false source. Keep pretending.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

William wrote:
"I'll bet if I were to consolidate and list the actual commandments, promises, precepts, judgments and prophecies of Jesus Christ that you still wouldn't be convicted to obey Him instead of Paul."
Wait, are you telling us that you don't even know what those commandments, promises, precepts, judgments, and prophecies even are?
If you yourself don't know them, how can you possibly hope to adhere to them?
Are you SURE that you have thought this Torah-thing through?
I said they were not consolidated yet. The list is just to make a point. Since He gave them in context and teaching with certain reference to the Torah, Psalms and Prophets - far be it from me to make the list. I enjoy it as a narrative.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Here's a bit of a quote from H.G.Wells on Jesus:

,“This people honoureth me with their lips,
“But their heart is far from me.
“Howbeit in vain do they worship me,
“Teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

“For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.” 13
It was not merely a moral and a social revolution that Jesus proclaimed; it is clear from a score of indications that his teaching had a political bent of the plainest sort. It is true that he said his kingdom was not of this world, that it was in the hearts of men and not upon a throne; but it is equally clear that wherever and in what measure his kingdom was set up in the hearts of men, the outer world would be in that measure revolutionized and made new. 14
Whatever else the deafness and blindness of his hearers may have missed in his utterances, it is plain they did not miss his resolve to revolutionize the world. The whole tenor of the opposition to him and the circumstances of his trial and execution show clearly that to his contemporaries he seemed to propose plainly, and did propose plainly, to change and fuse and enlarge all human life. 15
In view of what he plainly said, is it any wonder that all who were rich and prosperous felt a horror of strange things, a swimming of their world at his teaching? He was dragging out all the little private reservations they had made from social service into the light of a universal religious life. He was like some terrible moral huntsman digging mankind out of the snug burrows in which they had lived hitherto. In the white blaze of this kingdom of his there was to be no property, no privilege, no pride and precedence; no motive indeed and no reward but love. Is it any wonder that men were dazzled and blinded and cried out against him? Even his disciples cried out when he would not spare them the light. Is it any wonder that the priests realized that between this man and themselves there was no choice but that he or priestcraft should perish? Is it any wonder that the Roman soldiers, confronted and amazed by something soaring over their comprehension and threatening all their disciplines, should take refuge in wild laughter, and crown him with thorns and robe him in purple and make a mock Cæsar of him? For to take him seriously was to enter upon a strange and alarming life, to abandon habits, to control instincts and impulses, to essay an incredible happiness.ƒMatt. xii, 46–50.Mark x. 17–25.Mark vii. 1–9. 16
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

H.G.Wells knew more about what Jesus taught than all the Protestants or Catholics together?
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

H.G. Wells now?

Really?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
God said what is sin in Leviticus, Jesus sharpened the vision of those things, but more importantly, only Jesus taught the words that lead to life eternal. Again, you try to twist the truth - but only show your lack of paying attention.
I'll bet if I were to consolidate and list the actual commandments, promises, precepts, judgments and prophecies of Jesus Christ that you still wouldn't be convicted to obey Him instead of Paul.
Do a google search for 'listing of the commandments of Jesus Christ' and see if onediscipletoanother.org shows up somewhere.
You make things way too hard. What are the greatest commandments? Love God with all your being; love your neighbor as yourself. The law and prophets hang on those two. Post those two and your website is done.

You read Jesus' own words just like the legal code handed down from Sinai. Does His own words not convince you that His words aren't to be lived out like following a checklist of things to be done?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter James and John came to know Paul as a Balaam turn coat - none of them ever said Paul was even the 'least apostle'. and II Peter was not accepted until the Roman Church adopted it about 300 AD. So you prove the point by a false source. Keep pretending.
Burden of proof is on you to prove the claims you make. Biblical evidence of such- or does it even exist? Your claims destroy the foundation underneath scripture.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

BW- Protestants don't even try to keep His commandments at all - they say they were all nailed to the cross because that's what Paul said.

False and assumption on your part.

OUR SINS, NOT LAW, were nailed to the cross symbolically with Jesus in his atoning sacrifice. God's gracious forgiveness canceled the bond which we owed. Our list of criminal charges was canceled.

In his flesh on the cross Jesus symbolically "reduced to inactivity" that barrier by no longer considering law-keeping as the condition of acceptance. Thus he could accept mankind from both sides of the wall, both Jews who had lived answerable to the Law of Moses and Gentiles accountable only to God’s universal moral law. They both became one in Christ's body because they accepted the atonement of the cross rather than trusting in conformity to law for justification.

We were nailed to the cross with Him.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

We have to carry our own cross and follow him. Right?

How do you follow him. Feed the hungry, give water to the thirsty, heal the sick etc , etc , etc.

Just carrying that cross is work.

Works people. All of these are works.

Works are no optional.

Your will rewards will be based on your deeds. Right>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••