Dave P

Morehead, KY

#161 Nov 2, 2013
Come on, you'd have to fire everybody at the university.

Contrary to popular opinion, not everyone at colleges use marijuana.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#162 Nov 2, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't care at this point if it should be legal or not. Simple fact is that coaches don't get fired in midseason without mitigating circumstances. That school isn't a football powerhouse, losing isn't that big a deal midway through his second season.
He didn't have to smoke, just being a public figure, the football coach, a lot of ways the face of the school- to be seen in such a place where weed would be smoked is enough to warrant disciplinary action or termination. That will continue to be so, regardless of what we personally think or how many liberal states legalize marijuana. Weed will always have the loser stoner connotations that alcohol will not.
Odd isn't it, a drug that kills hundreds of people each year has a better image than one that has never killed anybody, ever.
Think about it, people have died from drinking too much water, but not from smoking too much pot.
Dave P wrote:
Being an alcoholic or heavy drinker brings the same connotations.
Weed will never be accepted by the professionals at the top of their industries and fields; leaders of educational institutions, etc. Those 60's flower children will die off, just like the greatest generation has.
What about Dr. Gupta? He had to change is mind.
The "Evil weed" image will start to fall away, as the truth comes out, and becomes harder and harder to deny.

Do you folks just hate pleasure or something? Why are you against weed?
Javier Rivera

Dallas, TX

#163 Nov 2, 2013
Marijuana grows in the wild. How can it be illegal?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#164 Nov 2, 2013
Odd isn't it, a drug that kills hundreds of people each year has a better image than one that has never killed anybody, ever.

Wrong. You know better.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#165 Nov 2, 2013
Do you folks just hate pleasure or something? Why are you against weed?

Don't hate weed. Basically senseless to indulge in it and shoot your career and life opportunities in the head. Smoke it all you want, just don't expect to be taken seriously by anyone.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#166 Nov 2, 2013
Weed is one of those "childish things" that many young people do. No one as a teenager will be crucified for trying weed. But getting older and still smoking weed into your 30's, 40's and older ages for recreational purposes is considered childish and immature by most people.

No amount of Elmer Gantry yelling will change that opinion anytime soon.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#167 Nov 2, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Odd isn't it, a drug that kills hundreds of people each year has a better image than one that has never killed anybody, ever.
Wrong. You know better.
Find a death caused by marijuana.
You'll be the first person ever to do so.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#168 Nov 2, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Do you folks just hate pleasure or something? Why are you against weed?
Don't hate weed. Basically senseless to indulge in it and shoot your career and life opportunities in the head. Smoke it all you want, just don't expect to be taken seriously by anyone.
Yeah, nobody ever took the Beatles seriously. I see your point.
And why should smoking weed shoot your life and career opportunities in the head. Smoking tobacco doesn't. Drinking hand sanitizer doesn't.(Well, the active ingredient in hand sanitizer.)

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#169 Nov 2, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Weed is one of those "childish things" that many young people do. No one as a teenager will be crucified for trying weed. But getting older and still smoking weed into your 30's, 40's and older ages for recreational purposes is considered childish and immature by most people.
No amount of Elmer Gantry yelling will change that opinion anytime soon.
You didn't answer my questions, do you hate pleasure? Why are you against weed?

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#170 Nov 3, 2013
Daaaaaave P! What's up?? You know, just because I don't know crap about sports doesn't make me female - that's just a coincidence.

I see your point though - the coach that was fired mid-season for going around acting unprofessional is a case of not holding up an image rather than a high-ranking people using illegal drugs. Like a HS teacher witnessing her students drinking beer, he has an obligation to put an end to the illegal activities that are surrounding him, else his position of authority is compromised.

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#171 Nov 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they would have found some "reason" to get rid of him.
They didn't even fire him for smoking pot, but for being in a house were people were smoking pot...that's desperation.
"With great power comes great responsibility" Spiderman

If the fella agreed to act a certain way outside of his job so that he could have the job, he needs to live up to his agreement or he risks losing that job.

It really doesn't have anything to do with weed - he is guilty of being at the wrong place at the wrong time - he should have known better.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#172 Nov 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a death caused by marijuana.
You'll be the first person ever to do so.
Already told you about the kid in my small home town killed his friend because he was stoned and ran into the back of a semi. Of course, since it isn't on the internet, you won't believe it :)

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173 Nov 3, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Already told you about the kid in my small home town killed his friend because he was stoned and ran into the back of a semi. Of course, since it isn't on the internet, you won't believe it :)
That is sad, but the death was caused by the accident, not marijuana. I'm talking the actual drug itself killing somebody. Not once in all of history.

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#174 Nov 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad, but the death was caused by the accident, not marijuana. I'm talking the actual drug itself killing somebody. Not once in all of history.
Stealing does not kill anyone - still, it should be illegal.

I think you are more specifically claiming that no one could smoke enough marijuana to overdose from it. Whoopitydoo. Smoke weed instead of meth if you want to do drugs and ease your mind about overdosing, but either way, you are still doing drugs.

Maybe weed should have never been made illegal because it does not harm anyone enough to warrant harsh prison sentences and property forfeiting - BUT - because of our history and influences, it IS illegal - and I'd be dishonest if I suggest that my opinion of it is anything other than: who cares? Potheads? I say: get off your asses and fix it if you care so much - prove that all the weed you smoked didn't make you socially dysfunctional and unable to adjust laws in the proper ways, not just by holding signs and whining all day. Elect officials, originate lawsuits, raise money and awareness - quit sitting around smoking weed, lazy.
William

Opelika, AL

#175 Nov 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad, but the death was caused by the accident, not marijuana. I'm talking the actual drug itself killing somebody. Not once in all of history.
The death was caused by impairment, due to weed. Stop trying to gloss over the obvious.

No weed, no impairment.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#176 Nov 3, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Stealing does not kill anyone - still, it should be illegal.
I think you are more specifically claiming that no one could smoke enough marijuana to overdose from it. Whoopitydoo. Smoke weed instead of meth if you want to do drugs and ease your mind about overdosing, but either way, you are still doing drugs.
People drinking cola are doing drugs, so what? Should lock people up in jail longer for owning a can of Pepsi than we do for murder? That's done for possession of pot.
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
Maybe weed should have never been made illegal because it does not harm anyone enough to warrant harsh prison sentences and property forfeiting - BUT - because of our history and influences, it IS illegal -
And it shouldn't be.
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
and I'd be dishonest if I suggest that my opinion of it is anything other than: who cares? Potheads? I say: get off your asses and fix it if you care so much - prove that all the weed you smoked didn't make you socially dysfunctional and unable to adjust laws in the proper ways, not just by holding signs and whining all day.
You mean holding signs like this?
http://jrcreativeink.wordpress.com/2011/08/30...
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
Elect officials, originate lawsuits, raise money and awareness - quit sitting around smoking weed, lazy.
You mean like this?
http://norml.org/
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#177 Nov 3, 2013
I think you are more specifically claiming that no one could smoke enough marijuana to overdose from it. Whoopitydoo. Smoke weed instead of meth if you want to do drugs and ease your mind about overdosing, but either way, you are still doing drugs.

I agree ASM. You can't argue that alcohol is more dangerous than weed, then restrict weed to killing on an overdose. Most alcohol related deaths aren't due to alcohol poisoning, and no one has OD'ed on weed as far as I know. But death due to being impared- big difference in both weed and alcohol.

And how about marijuana being laced with other toxic chemicals? I remember once smoking weed laced with embalming fluid.

*Chill friends. That was a long time ago. And yes, I DID inhale Bill.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#178 Nov 3, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
The death was caused by impairment, due to weed. Stop trying to gloss over the obvious.
No weed, no impairment.
And exactly why the driver went to the state prison. Vehicular manslaughter, plus a DUI or DWI or whatever they charge you with being under the influence of drugs and not alcohol.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#179 Nov 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, nobody ever took the Beatles seriously. I see your point.
And why should smoking weed shoot your life and career opportunities in the head. Smoking tobacco doesn't. Drinking hand sanitizer doesn't.(Well, the active ingredient in hand sanitizer.)
*Tobacco is doing that right now. Higher insurance premiums, illegal in public places. The stigma on tobacco is growing every day.

*Drinking hand sanitizer will get you a government check.

*Shouldn't entertainers, athletes, be excluded from "taken seriously"? They will still make money until they cannot perform anymore. Try being a head coach, general manager, record label owner, or any type of major professional and be a pothead.

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#180 Nov 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
You mean holding signs like this?
http://jrcreativeink.wordpress.com/2011/08/30...
Couldn't find any pictures of people holding signs to legalize weed?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
You mean like this?
http://norml.org/
Of course, NORML has been hard at work for many years - you're a member? Put one of those bumper stickers on your car and see how long it takes before you are searched for weed possession.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
water baptism debate 19 min HEATH - 72 20
God's Kingdom is Here 22 min HEATH - 72 6
How does the Spirit teach? 11 hr Frank Smithmore 178
What Does Johnny Robertson Say Wed Note 44
Lee Gilley shooting.... Jan '15 Penultimate 2
Charges advance (Aug '10) Jan '15 miss cleveland 3
Beware of online romance lies (Sep '10) Dec '14 ss4twentynine 2
Bassett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:35 am PST