#41 Sep 23, 2013
no
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#42 Sep 23, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Stoned statement.
A company has no rights. Power to the people.
I assume you own a company that is held liable for things their employees do and you don't require testin?
How many jobs have you created in your company?
HA HA HA. "power to the people" HA HA HA. Did you know that the "hippie" from the late 60's who said make love not war. Etc Etc. are todays biggest money making people and keeping folks like you thinking about "changing the system. A company has all the rights in the world. Why, when you report to work, you are entering "private" property. Anything happen to you or a co-worker, the company is responsable. Because of this, it has the right to see that the worker are clean and ready to perform it's duty.
William

Birmingham, AL

#43 Sep 23, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's none of a company's business if the employee is using illegal substances, or legal weed, unless the employee's performance at work is effected.

There are all kinds of silly stereotypes.
Yeah. Like not being able to function at your job, and threatening the company's reputation for the kind of work that it does.

Etc.
William

Birmingham, AL

#44 Sep 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> People have been putting "garbage" into their bodies since before the Ancients day of Egypt.
And not one thing has been learned from it by the 99%, evidently.
William

Birmingham, AL

#45 Sep 23, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And smoking pot should not be illegal, why do you think it should be?
Would you get on a plane knowing that the pilots had been smoking weed? Put your family on a plane knowing that?

Yes, or no.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#46 Sep 23, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Stoned statement.
A company has no rights. Power to the people.
I assume you own a company that is held liable for things their employees do and you don't require testin?
How many jobs have you created in your company?
Is this some kind of interview?
You questions have nothing to do with my statement that unless a company is paying you for the whole weekend, what you do over the weekend is none of their business.

North Hollywood, CA

#47 Sep 23, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Problem is what you think and what the private rights of others are 2 difference things. A company has every right to test for drug use. You has an American have no "constitutional" rights at all. That is why we have "labor" laws. The company can do what it's want. Blood test shows any drugs in your body, it can decide ti hire you or not. Has for what you do in your spare time is true, but, the company can request a blood test at any given moment. Why? Just like a person who has a "hangover", it can cause mistakes on the job and put in danger the people around them. I am guessing by your statement you are under 35 years of age. Question. You use the company phone at your desk to make a private call. You found out that the company listen in, can you sue the company for invasion of privatcy.
Using company resources on company time is different than taking a couple of hits off a joint at home on your own time. If you have a hangover, and can't do you job, again, you are being paid for that time by the company. If you had a hangover during the weekend, but it doesn't interfere with your work, that hangover is none of the company's business. You can test positive for pot long after the high is gone. Days, I've even heard weeks. So, unless the company is paying you for all that time...

North Hollywood, CA

#48 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Like not being able to function at your job, and threatening the company's reputation for the kind of work that it does.
Etc.
LOL. Just because you smoke pot it doesn't mean you won't be able to function at your job. Get real, try to think rationally.

North Hollywood, CA

#49 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you get on a plane knowing that the pilots had been smoking weed? Put your family on a plane knowing that?
Yes, or no.
Why do anti weed nuts always ask that stupid question? That's not the issue. The issue is should the pilots spend more time in jail for having an ounce of pot at home than they would for murder or rape? Should they spend any time in jail at all?

And, no, I don't want stoned pilots flying, or drunk ones, or tired ones...but that's not the issue.
William

Birmingham, AL

#50 Sep 23, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do anti-weed nuts always ask that stupid question? That's not the issue. The issue is should the pilots spend more time in jail for having an ounce of pot at home than they would for murder or rape? Should they spend any time in jail at all?
And, no, I don't want stoned pilots flying, or drunk ones, or tired ones...but that's not the issue.
See, even you don't want stoned pilots flying aircraft. Which is the first intelligent thing that you've managed to articulate on this ridiculous thread.
William

Birmingham, AL

#51 Sep 23, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Just because you smoke pot it doesn't mean you won't be able to function at your job. Get real, try to think rationally.
Unless that "job" is Miley Cyrus twerking around on television or some rapper attempting to sing, I can't think of a single instance where someone who is high on weed would perform better than someone who isn't.

It certainly isn't any profession where actual learned ability is involved.
William

Birmingham, AL

#52 Sep 23, 2013
"You questions have nothing to do with my statement that unless a company is paying you for the whole weekend, what you do over the weekend is none of their business."

It most certainly is if "what you do over the weekend" interferes with what you do at 8am Monday morning when you report to work.

Like getting stoned, drunk, etc.

North Hollywood, CA

#53 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
See, even you don't want stoned pilots flying aircraft. Which is the first intelligent thing that you've managed to articulate on this ridiculous thread.
Again, stupid, that's not the issue. The issue is, "Should the pilots spend time in jail for owning pot? Should they spend more time in jail for owning pot than for murder?"

North Hollywood, CA

#54 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless that "job" is Miley Cyrus twerking around on television or some rapper attempting to sing, I can't think of a single instance where someone who is high on weed would perform better than someone who isn't.
It certainly isn't any profession where actual learned ability is involved.
Again, dumb ass, I'm not talking about working while you are stoned. Sheesh...I'm taking about sitting on a crappy sofa on Saturday night, watching "Fight Club" with a few friends, passing the bong and eating Doritos.

North Hollywood, CA

#55 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:
"You questions have nothing to do with my statement that unless a company is paying you for the whole weekend, what you do over the weekend is none of their business."
It most certainly is if "what you do over the weekend" interferes with what you do at 8am Monday morning when you report to work.
Like getting stoned, drunk, etc.
If your habits are making it so you can't work, the company doesn't have to get you to pee in a cup to see you can't do your job.
William

Birmingham, AL

#56 Sep 23, 2013
The issue is, "Should the pilots spend time in jail for owning pot?

Yes. It is against the law to own it or use it.

"Should they spend more time in jail for owning pot than for murder?"

That is not the issue. The issue here is whether or not weed should be legal. Please refer to the title of this thread.
William

Birmingham, AL

#57 Sep 23, 2013
"Again, dumb ass, I'm not talking about working while you are stoned. Sheesh...I'm taking about sitting on a crappy sofa on Saturday night, watching "Fight Club" with a few friends, passing the bong and eating Doritos."

What you are talking about doing is consuming an illegal drug that impairs judgment over the course of several days, depending on how much is consumed, and that impairment extends to other things that you do besides sitting on a couch watching television and eating Nachos.
William

Birmingham, AL

#58 Sep 23, 2013
"If your habits are making it so you can't work, the company doesn't have to get you to pee in a cup to see you can't do your job."

If your poor work habits are drug-related, they will.

Santa Monica, CA

#59 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:
The issue is, "Should the pilots spend time in jail for owning pot?
Yes. It is against the law to own it or use it.

That is not the issue. The issue here is whether or not weed should be legal. Please refer to the title of this thread.

Santa Monica, CA

#60 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:

What you are talking about doing is consuming an illegal drug that impairs judgment over the course of several days, depending on how much is consumed, and that impairment extends to other things that you do besides sitting on a couch watching television and eating Nachos.
Wrong, I was talking about marijuana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News W.Va. man sentenced to 50 years in Ferrum home ... 1 hr I know that scumbag 2
Did the Second Coming of Jesus Occur A.D. 70 3 hr William 252
Holger and Steve expose Johnny Robertson 3 hr Dave P 33
The harvest of Matthew 13: 41-43 4 hr Axel Reid 1
Video of Johnny Robertson 5 hr Axel Reid 1
Catholics (Feb '14) 14 hr Mike_Peterson 2,186
“Thus Saith Johnny” (Jul '12) 17 hr KLE 145
More from around the web

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]