Beware of online romance lies

Beware of online romance lies

There are 2 comments on the Canada.com story from Aug 30, 2010, titled Beware of online romance lies. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Lisa Hiatt met Ray Stamplecoski on the Internet while playing a virtual hand of cards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

helonwheels21

Dinwiddie, VA

#1 Sep 9, 2010
She was not the only one. I'd been talking to him for about 6 months.
ss4twentynine

Midland, TX

#2 Dec 23, 2014
helonwheels21 wrote:
She was not the only one. I'd been talking to him for about 6 months.
Ray pretended to be someone he wasnt..after about a year communicating via interner...playing bridge and talk of marriage...I discovered that emails I thought were from his children were actually written by him on separate accounts
He also had the same scenario with others...including at the beginning of the relationship...he staged a false robbery...I found out for the most part he was alcoholic..lived in salvation army rooms and fraud ed anyone he could.
I personally spoke to a friend of his and none of his siblings...he had been missing from society for quite awhile.
Although he was well versed and knew how to emotionally manipulate people...we can all consider ourselves fortunate to not have been completely caught up in his Web of Internet lies.
He ran scams on multiple women at the same time..without thought or concern for anyone except himself.
I am not sure what psychological term he would fit..but I was sure it wasn't good.
I escaped although many did not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thomas jefferson edwards (Apr '16) Oct '16 NUKS67 3
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Oct '16 randy 5
Martinsville Seven - The Martinsville Curse (Mar '10) Oct '16 Santiago Ramey 10
Nickname of Stick Oct '16 A friend 1
Easter Auto Sales (Feb '12) Oct '16 donnawyattreed 9
Dawn Mills Oct '16 Alan Nolan 1
Worship vs Service (Sep '10) Oct '16 Openbook7 7

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance