where did Jesus say there would be a ...
Prophet of Jesus Christ

Helotes, TX

#21 May 12, 2014
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of you deny Holy Spirit indwelling and depend a book. The Catholics depend on a history book and the church of Christ depends on scripture only. I prefer scripture over tradition but both of you are missing the most important element which is a living relationship "Christ in us our hope of glory".
You denied Jesus Christ.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#22 May 13, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your private interpretation of a Catholic book 1600 years later
You really think you have greater insight than those like St Ignatuis who was taught the Apostle John personally.
You really have the guts to say we have an almighty God ,capable of anything, yet but after Jesus ascended he was going to leave a book in charge of the way to salvation.
A book? Nobody could read for 1500 years and there was no printing press for 1400 years but God's great idea was to leave us a book that anybody could interpret for themselves.
A Book????
Nowhere in that that book called the Bible does it say that. Jesus left us Church to teach us until the end of ages. It says so in that book.
You worship ink on paper. One of 30,000 translations in the world today.
How is that working out for you protesters? Jesus's Church is 2000 years old and will never fail. He promised it will be here when he returns.
A book. Come on.... If the book could teach why are there 40,000 different protestant groups out there?
The man made invention of Sola Scriptura is the failed experiment of Luther.
The only argument you have that is that you can not find the word bible in the bible that your group is suppose to have written. How about finding Catholic from your own Book? God did say his word was eternal. Now how do you suppose the word is brought to man? Through a different man every time the pope cant remember the words.:) Talked about a failed experiment. He when you get the word of God to show us your catholic church you will have a little credibility. Until then your just speaking man talk not God talk. At least we rely on the Word of God not the word of man.

Location hidden

#23 May 13, 2014
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of you deny Holy Spirit indwelling and depend a book. The Catholics depend on a history book and the church of Christ depends on scripture only. I prefer scripture over tradition but both of you are missing the most important element which is a living relationship "Christ in us our hope of glory".
A living relationship? Would you enlighten us on that term and what you mean. Since you like scripture over traditions you might include some for us.

Location hidden

#24 May 13, 2014
Bobby I will even give you one to start with. Hebrews 4:12

English Standard Version (ESV)

12 For (A)the word of God is living and (B)active,(C)sharper than any (D)two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and (E)discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart

Location hidden

#25 May 13, 2014
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby are you really going to start your statement here with a lie. Are you really going to be a liar again? Remember you tried this tactic before and it did not work. Havent you learned not to lie about someone you dont know? I do believe in the indwelling just not as you claim I have to believe. So you might want to back out again. Now you go ahead and tell us how the human spirit indwells a human being and then we will listen to you tell us how the HS indwell the Christian.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#26 May 13, 2014
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>The only argument you have that is that you can not find the word bible in the bible that your group is suppose to have written. How about finding Catholic from your own Book? God did say his word was eternal. Now how do you suppose the word is brought to man? Through a different man every time the pope cant remember the words.:) Talked about a failed experiment. He when you get the word of God to show us your catholic church you will have a little credibility. Until then your just speaking man talk not God talk. At least we rely on the Word of God not the word of man.
They didn't need to use the word Universal (Catholic). It is the Church Jesus started. There was no other Church and there will be no other true Church until the end of time.

But the term was used. The first writing left in existence that mentioned it was written by St Ignatius in 110. He was taught personally by St John.

Wherever the Bishop is, there is the Catholic Church

It wasn't for another 1500 years did a man start a heresy that grew into Protestantism and now is destroying itself.

It is impossible historically, to find any other Church before 1500 than the Catholic Church. It has to bee the Catholic Church.

History shows she created the Bible in 390 AD. The Church can exist without the Bible, it did for 350 years.

The Bible cannot exist without the Church. It has protected it for 1600 years. You protesters have a made a farce of it.

You protestants have proven that by dividing up the Body of Christ based using that book to support your beliefs instead of using the Church which is pillar of Truth to teach you what the truth is.
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#27 May 13, 2014
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text> Bobby are you really going to start your statement here with a lie. Are you really going to be a liar again? Remember you tried this tactic before and it did not work. Havent you learned not to lie about someone you dont know? I do believe in the indwelling just not as you claim I have to believe. So you might want to back out again. Now you go ahead and tell us how the human spirit indwells a human being and then we will listen to you tell us how the HS indwell the Christian.
This is great, now you have finally found something you can agree with Mike on. JC, you unknowingly agree with more catholic doctrine than you think. For example both you and Mike agree that you must work your way to heaven. The only difference is that you do not believe in purgatory. Thank God for that!

Both of you deny a literal indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Location hidden

#28 May 13, 2014
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
This is great, now you have finally found something you can agree with Mike on. JC, you unknowingly agree with more catholic doctrine than you think. For example both you and Mike agree that you must work your way to heaven. The only difference is that you do not believe in purgatory. Thank God for that!
You argue from ignorance of Catholicism. Show me in the CCC where only works will get you into heaven?

You can't .

Indwelling. Most of your protesters at least took this truth from the Church.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states, "The human body shares in the dignity of ‘the image of God’: it is a human body precisely because it is animated by a spiritual soul, and it is the whole human person that is intended to become, in the body of Christ, a temple of the Spirit" (CCC 364,

Location hidden

#29 May 13, 2014
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby your still a Liar. I believe in the indwelling of the HS. Go ahead tell us how the HS indwells and then explain how the Human Spirit indwells. I know you have no idea do you? I probably agree with you on some things...... So what. I believe Christ was God on earth and now reigns in heaven dont you? Your trying to group people together to make your points is poor on your part and shows your weakness. Since I agree with you on some things that surely makes your thoughts worthless right? Now start by saying your a liar about me and lets go on.
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#30 May 13, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You argue from ignorance of Catholicism. Show me in the CCC where only works will get you into heaven?
You can't .
Indwelling. Most of your protesters at least took this truth from the Church.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church states, "The human body shares in the dignity of ‘the image of God’: it is a human body precisely because it is animated by a spiritual soul, and it is the whole human person that is intended to become, in the body of Christ, a temple of the Spirit" (CCC 364,
You argue that the only true church is the catholic church and that one must be cathoilc to be saved. The word catholic means universal but apparently does not include anyone but confirmed catholics or maybe in some cases baptized infants. Is it possible for you to fellowship with me on the basis of our faith in Jesus???
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#31 May 13, 2014
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Bobby your still a Liar. I believe in the indwelling of the HS. Go ahead tell us how the HS indwells and then explain how the Human Spirit indwells. I know you have no idea do you? I probably agree with you on some things...... So what. I believe Christ was God on earth and now reigns in heaven dont you? Your trying to group people together to make your points is poor on your part and shows your weakness. Since I agree with you on some things that surely makes your thoughts worthless right? Now start by saying your a liar about me and lets go on.
Rom 3:4 What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? 4May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written, "THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED." 5But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He?(I am speaking in human terms.

We are both in the same boat! God alone is righteous-the rest of us are sinners saved by his grace.

Location hidden

#32 May 13, 2014
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
You argue that the only true church is the catholic church and that one must be cathoilc to be saved. The word catholic means universal but apparently does not include anyone but confirmed catholics or maybe in some cases baptized infants. Is it possible for you to fellowship with me on the basis of our faith in Jesus???
I never said one must be Catholic to be saved. Only God knows who is saved. But he gave the keys to the kingdom to Peter , the first Pope. Whoever hears the Church hears Jesus.

Protestantism is a heresy, but the Church recognizes that is no fault of anybody that were born into a non Catholic community including christian communities and non christian.

But once they are educated , they are expected to search for the fullness of the Truth especially once they about Catholicism.

To be saved, one must be have a trinitarian baptism and not die in a state of mortal sin. Only the Church offer the sacraments that are Jesus gave us to accomplish this.
The other way is to die a martyrs death.
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#33 May 13, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said one must be Catholic to be saved. Only God knows who is saved. But he gave the keys to the kingdom to Peter , the first Pope. Whoever hears the Church hears Jesus.
Protestantism is a heresy, but the Church recognizes that is no fault of anybody that were born into a non Catholic community including christian communities and non christian.
But once they are educated , they are expected to search for the fullness of the Truth especially once they about Catholicism.
To be saved, one must be have a trinitarian baptism and not die in a state of mortal sin. Only the Church offer the sacraments that are Jesus gave us to accomplish this.
The other way is to die a martyrs death.
So according to catholic dogma our hope is slim to none without catholic sacraments and baptism in the name of Father Son and Holy Spirit. Church of Christ folks do that but some others do not. All the people I baptized were baptized in the name of the Father son and Holy Spirit. Personally I do not believe those exact words said over the person being water baptized changes anything. JC probably agrees more with you than me on that issue.

Again, personally, I believe some catholics are saved but not on the basis of being a catholic or receiving the sacraments. But it is not my call to judge that. We have many former Catholics in our church several who are close friends. On the other hand I believe there are people in all denominations who are still lost even in my church. The church does not Jesus does.

You see the problem with the world, even those in the church is sin. He who says he is without sin is a liar even if he is a saved christian and goes to church every time the door is open.

The answer to sin is the cross, not the confession box.

Location hidden

#34 May 13, 2014
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>So according to catholic dogma our hope is slim to none without catholic sacraments and baptism in the name of Father Son and Holy Spirit. Church of Christ folks do that but some others do not. All the people I baptized were baptized in the name of the Father son and Holy Spirit. Personally I do not believe those exact words said over the person being water baptized changes anything. JC probably agrees more with you than me on that issue.

Again, personally, I believe some catholics are saved but not on the basis of being a catholic or receiving the sacraments. But it is not my call to judge that. We have many former Catholics in our church several who are close friends. On the other hand I believe there are people in all denominations who are still lost even in my church. The church does not Jesus does.

You see the problem with the world, even those in the church is sin. He who says he is without sin is a liar even if he is a saved christian and goes to church every time the door is open.

The answer to sin is the cross, not the confession box.
Your friends are still Catholic. Just non practicing.

Does it really matter what you or I think about any salvation issue? We are just sheep. Jesus created a Church to teach us the fullness of the truth.

There has been only 1 church that has existed in every century since Jesus.

You are right that every one sins. Did Jesus say since I was crucified so that all future sins will be forgiven. Of course not. He told the men who was going to establish his Church to forgive men's sins or not.

I hope you are not too late to listen to your head instead of your heart.

Luther's heresy has failed.
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#35 May 13, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your friends are still Catholic. Just non practicing.
Does it really matter what you or I think about any salvation issue? We are just sheep. Jesus created a Church to teach us the fullness of the truth.
There has been only 1 church that has existed in every century since Jesus.
You are right that every one sins. Did Jesus say since I was crucified so that all future sins will be forgiven. Of course not. He told the men who was going to establish his Church to forgive men's sins or not.
I hope you are not too late to listen to your head instead of your heart.
Luther's heresy has failed.
My salvation is secure in Christ not the church which did not die for my sin. If all a man has is head knowledge, he is still without Christ.

It is quite possible to know all about Christ — and yet not to put our trust in Him.... "If any man has not the Spirit of Christ — he is none of His" (John 3:3; Matt 18:3;1 John 2:6
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#36 May 13, 2014
Mike, all of the witnesses of the cross saw the events-they had the knowledge about Jesus crucifixion in their head but they did not all have a broken heart. It was not until the resurrection that they recognized the full power/impact of the cross.It was when faith came to them that Jesus was the chosen lamb of God did their hearts break because they knew they/we are guilty of placing Jesus on the cross-he died for the sins of the whole world. Only those who have their faith /trust in the power of his shed blood to forgive sins can be be saved.

OT animal sacrifices had no power to remove sin but only postponed the penalty of sin one year at a time. None of us are under the the old testament law.
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#37 May 13, 2014
The church cannot forgive sin and has no power to save anyone-only Jesus has that power-he knows what is in our hearts-we cannot lie to him or deceive him.

All power in heaven and earth has been given to Jesus not Peter.

Peter was sent to the Jews and Paul was sent to the gentiles.
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#38 May 13, 2014
One more thing Mike.

You say once a catholic always a catholic, but don't you deny once saved always saved? Or do you actually believe it as long as a person has at least some connection the the catholic church.

How is it possible to have that kind of faith and still believe in purgatory???

I am truly concerned about your faith in a church and men who run it when the power of the cross is clearly our only hope.
bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#39 May 13, 2014
The Narrow Gate
13"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Jesus is that narrow gate, not some preacher in any denomination, not a pope or priest dressed in fancy clothes. Jesus is the way and the scripture says he is near and can be found.

We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Is. 64:6a

Look to the cross!

Location hidden

#40 May 14, 2014
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
My salvation is secure in Christ not the church which did not die for my sin. If all a man has is head knowledge, he is still without Christ.
It is quite possible to know all about Christ — and yet not to put our trust in Him.... "If any man has not the Spirit of Christ — he is none of His" (John 3:3; Matt 18:3;1 John 2:6
And how do you know all about Christ? By your personal interpretation of a Catholic book?

A book???? God's great plan for salvation was a personal interpretation of book created 350 years after Jesus' death when only a few people in the world could read and printing presses were not invented until 1470?

Come on Bobby. What did all Christians do for 1500 years and continue today? Exactly what Jesus said to do. Whoever hears the Church hears him. The Church binds and loosens and forgives sins or not? The Church created the Bible to help her teach.

A book Bobby? We have an almighty God who gave up his son for us and yet you believe a book is in charge. A book never mentioned by Jesus A book is your Pope. A book that Protesters twist the meaning on a daily basis until now there are 40,0000 communities that continue to sever the head of the Church , God , from his body.

"How can I understand unless somebody teaches me" The Ethiopian eunich. Scripture is not for personal interpetation....Peter

A book. All God could think of was to wait until somebody put a the Bible together? We have one cruel God if you believe that.

But we dont. He continued his plan after Jesus left by having men on Earth represent him. From Abraham to Pope Francis. His plan continues

But you worship a book never mentioned by God or Jesus.. A book Bobby? Your neighbor thinks different from you about the meaning of that book. How did God let that happen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Griffith Star News Personality Arrested... (Jul '11) Jul 24 Jay Kendricks 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 151
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! (Jul '15) Apr '17 Bill 6
My girl (Jan '17) Apr '17 Bill 3
Terry or Susan Walker (Nov '10) May '15 vatechalltheway 16
Lee Gilley shooting.... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Penultimate 2

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages