New Guy

Morehead, KY

#66 Apr 20, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Throughout history God had men in charge on Earth with a succession by the laying on hands. Moses, David etc.
He wasn't going to put Peter in charge until the Romans crucified in Rome and then that's it, everybody for themselves. Peter and Paul died 30 years before the last scripture that was eventually going to make the Bible was written. We were on our 3rd Pope when St John was alive.
All of the words of God were not written done in the Bible. Where does it say that. You can read the NT in about 12-14 hours. The Apostles were with Jesus for 3 years.
The scriptures say that everything was not written down. There would not be enough books in the world to hold what Jesus did
Do you believe that?
You know, when Peter was about to take off his tabernacle, he never mentioned anything about someone to succeed him. He did say though that he endeavored that the believers might be able to have all the things he taught in their remembrance. He was more concerned with them having the more sure words of prophecy, and the scripture.

You must come out of Babylon.
nobody

Cleveland, GA

#68 Apr 20, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
You should have learned the less you say the better off you are.
I wish you would take that advice and buzz off.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#70 Apr 20, 2013
Oh boy nobody you done it now. You spoke against the Lords anointed prophet. Looks like you're about to find out if the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire is talking about judgment LOL. I probably just did so we'll find out together.

This troll is over on the Morehead forum too. But I think he is from San Antonio Texas. Hey buddy, go watch the Spurs in the playoffs before OKC and Miami roll those graybeards back to the Alamo.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#77 Apr 21, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you stake your Soul and your life and the blessings your family has from God on everything you have said about me is the truth?
A. yes
B. no
I want God to see if you will honor and prove your own words.
If you refuse to honor your own words this means you told lies about me and made false accusations about me. God will punish you for this.
No one who puts their hope and trust in Jesus Christ - the true Anointed One of God - will give second pause to your idle musings of greatness. There is only one God, on Christ, and one Spirit of truth. I told you the truth - you should seek professional help if you believe you are the 'annointed one'.

The matter is words of God given by Jesus Christ are the words that are proven to be the truth, and it is also by those words He gave by which we all will be judged - not even one of your words can nulify anything of the truth He gave.

As the Father said,'Hear Him'(Jesus Christ).

You need to listen to the real Christ.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#78 Apr 21, 2013
Jesus Christ warned not to bring false charges against His elect ones - which you constantly are trying to do. The only one who is in perpetual dismay of bringing charges against the elect is the father of lies.

Choose this day who you will serve, and as for me, I will serve the Lord and ignore your false charges.

Believe it or not - no ones salvation is dependent upon anything you say - you testify against yourself as you call others childish names - you show no knowledge of God.

We know those of God by those who keep His word.

We know those not of God by their not keeping His word.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#79 Apr 21, 2013
New Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when Peter was about to take off his tabernacle, he never mentioned anything about someone to succeed him. He did say though that he endeavored that the believers might be able to have all the things he taught in their remembrance. He was more concerned with them having the more suyre words of prophecy, and the scripture.
You must come out of Babylon.
Sure he did. He set up succession when he lead the other 10 to replace Judas. Jesus did not replace Judas. The apostles led by Peter did.

Paul replaced a Bishop with Timothy.

You must have come of the COC.
Dave P

Alexandria, VA

#81 Apr 21, 2013
Prophet maybe football is your game. How bout them Cowboys!
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#84 Apr 21, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he did. He set up succession when he lead the other 10 to replace Judas. Jesus did not replace Judas. The apostles led by Peter did.
Paul replaced a Bishop with Timothy.
You must have come of the COC.
So do you think Peter and the other ten made a mistake when choosing another apostle to take the place of Judas? Did you know that there is a prophecy about filling the office that the one was vacated from? Peter and the others had just spent about 40 days with Jesus after His resurrection and He was telling them things about prophecy and how He had fulfilled it - teaching them the rest that they needed to know, which is in my opinion why they noted the need to fill the office, and I have no doubt they were doing exactly what He had told them. There is no good reason to believe otherwise. It's not like Jesus resurrected and didn't spend time briefing them of what to do at all. We know He told them to tarry at Jerusalem.

Yeah, before realizing the truth that Jesus said is needed to hear and do, even I thought that the eleven must have made a mistake in the appointment, but that was before careful study of what Jesus taught, then realizing that it is totally different than what I'd heard others say Paul taught - as the passage says 'my gospel', not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Drawn to the logical conclusions, the first two that come to mind are either we believe Jesus or we believe Paul. And based on what Jesus taught, it's about discipleship to Him and being immersed in His name, and continueing on with being sanctified by His truth as He taught - being heareres and doers that abide in His word from the Father. This is also what Acts 3:22,23 says - but that was what Moses said regarding Jesus. So then to accept what Paul said above what Jesus said, you also have to reject what Moses also testified as true.

So you still accept Paul's version instead? Then you have to start rejecting some of what Paul said, if you ever do study His version of the gospel. You cannot fully accept Paul with the gospel of the cross alone, or faith alone, or grace alone - because Paul had much to say about the commandments of God being most important, as well as the need to imitate Jesus Christ as a model of life. So where are you going to draw the line on what you will believe and do with what Paul said?

Which book of Paul must we toss first? I Cor? Ephesians? Which of his books exclude the teachings and life Jesus said is necessary to please God and enter the heavenly city?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#85 Apr 21, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you think Peter and the other ten made a mistake when choosing another apostle to take the place of Judas? Did you know that there is a prophecy about filling the office that the one was vacated from? Peter and the others had just spent about 40 days with Jesus after His resurrection and He was telling them things about prophecy and how He had fulfilled it - teaching them the rest that they needed to know, which is in my opinion why they noted the need to fill the office, and I have no doubt they were doing exactly what He had told them. There is no good reason to believe otherwise. It's not like Jesus resurrected and didn't spend time briefing them of what to do at all. We know He told them to tarry at Jerusalem.
Yeah, before realizing the truth that Jesus said is needed to hear and do, even I thought that the eleven must have made a mistake in the appointment, but that was before careful study of what Jesus taught, then realizing that it is totally different than what I'd heard others say Paul taught - as the passage says 'my gospel', not the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Drawn to the logical conclusions, the first two that come to mind are either we believe Jesus or we believe Paul. And based on what Jesus taught, it's about discipleship to Him and being immersed in His name, and continueing on with being sanctified by His truth as He taught - being heareres and doers that abide in His word from the Father. This is also what Acts 3:22,23 says - but that was what Moses said regarding Jesus. So then to accept what Paul said above what Jesus said, you also have to reject what Moses also testified as true.
So you still accept Paul's version instead? Then you have to start rejecting some of what Paul said, if you ever do study His version of the gospel. You cannot fully accept Paul with the gospel of the cross alone, or faith alone, or grace alone - because Paul had much to say about the commandments of God being most important, as well as the need to imitate Jesus Christ as a model of life. So where are you going to draw the line on what you will believe and do with what Paul said?
Which book of Paul must we toss first? I Cor? Ephesians? Which of his books exclude the teachings and life Jesus said is necessary to please God and enter the heavenly city?
Barnsweb: I am proud of you. You accept the doctrine of Tradition. That is what you are talking about when you say the Jesus was teaching them after the resurrection and it was not in the Bible what he taught. He taught them for 3 years yet we can read the NT in 12 hours. There is lot of Tradition, or oral teaching done by Apostles that was taught to them by Jesus. Over half of the Apostles either did not do any writing or they are lost. They taught too.

It was your opinion he taught them about succession. You are probably right, he taught them that, or the HS led Peter, but we don't know exactly when but that was probably the right time.

As for as the rest of your post, Pope Damascus declared in 382ad that the Bible we have today, that was created at the Council of Rome, is the inspired and inerrant written word of God. I believe in every verse in the Bible in context.

That being so, your thoughts on Paul, Jesus, and Moses contradicting each other cannot be true.

God does not contradict himself.

The issue is your private interpretation of scriptures. The Bible tells us not to do that. The Church came before the Bible. The Bible is sufficient for training. The Church teaches us.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#86 Apr 21, 2013
Yes, the Church preceeded the culmination of the written records we have, but then the Church began on Pentecost.

So I filter my faith first to believe the truth is what Jesus taught, then as Peter, John, Paul and others fit well with that - that's what I also accept.

The fact is that the Eastern Church received the same books of the Bible as the Roman Church - but the Roman Church codified the books hundreds of years after the Eastern Church.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#87 Apr 21, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Yes, the Church preceeded the culmination of the written records we have, but then the Church began on Pentecost.
So I filter my faith first to believe the truth is what Jesus taught, then as Peter, John, Paul and others fit well with that - that's what I also accept.
The fact is that the Eastern Church received the same books of the Bible as the Roman Church - but the Roman Church codified the books hundreds of years after the Eastern Church.
Give me the dates and the men who codified the books in the Orthodox Church (Eastern). Then please give me a list of those books that in in the book.

You cant go back to sola scriptura doctrine on history.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#88 Apr 21, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the dates and the men who codified the books in the Orthodox Church (Eastern). Then please give me a list of those books that in in the book.
You cant go back to sola scriptura doctrine on history.
Yes, we should, but we need to first understand what was delivered from the beginning - that the message from God is consistant and true. Even Jesus refered back to the fact that He had to fulfill all that was written of Him in the Set-Apart Scriptures. That said, the Easter NT record is the same, but some books came to them later, perhaps so late that they could not double check the books to the author of origin directly and first hand. Those later books, were put in a second scroll, rather than the first.

The total books are the same, and the oldest reported existing manuscript dates to about 167AD.

First are the gospel accounts Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Acts.
The second scroll - the major testimonies
Hebrews
The testimony of the two brothers of the Master; Ja'akov and Yehuda
The testimony of Mar Keefa; first Peter, Second Peter
Romans
First and Second Corinthians
The third;
the ten
Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, I,II Thessalonians, I,II Timothy, Titus, Philemon.
The fourth; the second testimony of Yochanan;
I,II,III John and The Revelation.

The 'Western five are included, and are :
2 Peter, 2,3 John, Jude and Revelation.

These latter being received later - but prior to 167?

This is drawn out of the AENT listing and the five noted in the 'Introduction'.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#89 Aug 11, 2013
William wrote:
"Anyone who thinks Paul knew more about the gospel than Peter, James or John is patently deluded and have no knowlege of Christ, nor are they capable to have the 'word of Christ' dwell richly in them."
Galatians 2:11-14 (KJV)
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
So, Barnsweb, who "knew more" about the gospel here? Paul, or Peter?
Peter. Paul was the one making a scene. Paul withstood Peter to his face and publicly tried to shame him. A disciple of the Master would have taken the matter up with Peter privately. So what if Peter went to join his friends at another table during a meal? That proves nothing of Peter's move from one table to another - it is Paul relating the story, further compounding his error of unchrist-like behavior.

Who knew more about who gave the Law to Moses: Jesus or Paul? Peter or Paul? John or Paul? Moses or Paul? Abraham or Paul?

Paul repeatedly forges falsehoods in the name of the actual truth - yet few go back to see if he was really telling the truth of God.

God, Moses, Jesus, Peter, James, Jude and John - all of these warn about Paul - but few have ever had the courage to see if what they said about Paul is true. And fewer yet have any desire to make sure they are following someone who actually speaks what God said is true - most have no desire to follow the command of God to know who He said to hear - thus being lawless and following false teachers, prophets and apostles of lies.
William

Birmingham, AL

#90 Aug 11, 2013
Galatians 2:7-9

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

The right hand of fellowship.

Each party affirmed the role of the other regarding what they were each given to preach, and to whom.

Run along, Barnsweb.
William

Birmingham, AL

#91 Aug 11, 2013
2 Peter 3:15-16

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter writes to the circumcision affirming Paul and his wisdom. That sort of ruins your worthless theory that Paul is some kind of heretic that was teaching things contrary to the will of the Lord.

One day you will figure out the role of Paul in God's plan.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#92 Aug 12, 2013
William wrote:
Galatians 2:7-9
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
The right hand of fellowship.
Each party affirmed the role of the other regarding what they were each given to preach, and to whom.
Run along, Barnsweb.
And the record speaks for itself that Paul was received at first, but turned Balaam and made up his own gospel in due time. Given enough rope, Paul not only hanged himself, he died at the hands of those he said had more authority than the 'beggarly elements' of the angels of God. Jesus said if we don't believe Moses, we cannot believe Him either, as Moses spoke of Him. Paul tried to nullify the very commandments of God. Jesus never did.

Rather than 'run along', I'd suggest you return and seek the very words that lead to eternal life that are alone from Jesus Christ - not Paul.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#93 Aug 12, 2013
William wrote:
2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Peter writes to the circumcision affirming Paul and his wisdom. That sort of ruins your worthless theory that Paul is some kind of heretic that was teaching things contrary to the will of the Lord.
One day you will figure out the role of Paul in God's plan.
You bring up nothing new. Did you know the early Church said 2 Peter was a forgery - not written by Peter? It wasn't considered 'Scripture' until the RCC adopted it as Scripture in 397. The problem exists because the RCC didn't exercise the care to do what God said since they were more concerned about men groveling at their feet to be allowed into the same darkness they were in - expressly denying the very words of God - refusing correction - and killing those who were trying to enter the kingdom of God by being disciples of Jesus instead of disciples of the Pope and Paul.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#94 Aug 12, 2013
As with the false prophets in the OT, Paul was sent to see if we really love God enough to do what He said - or if we just want to think we do.

Balaam even gave true prophecy of the Christ - before he turned into a false prophet by teaching God's people that it was OK to do what God had prohibited.

Paul, in fact, did the SAME thing - Paul taught it was OK to eat meat sacrificed to idols. See the Torah, see the Jerusalem Decree. Who told the truth?
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#95 Aug 12, 2013
Now go back and repent to do whatever Jesus said.

Acts 3:22,23. Moses and Peter said so. But then, so did Jesus:-)
William

Birmingham, AL

#96 Aug 12, 2013
Now go back and repent to do whatever Jesus said."

He said to keep the commandments and sell out everything you own. Which you obviously haven't done, since you are posting on your computer with it's internet access.

You lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr Barnsweb 1,140
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 10 hr gwsbadass 1,360
How can i get a copy of my background check? (Nov '13) Mon Louis Hawkins 3
Indictments issued Sep 26 shannonsmith 1
hottest girl (Jan '14) Sep 26 me fartwhistle 3
Why are ... Sep 25 satoshi 1
Sola fide? Sep 24 William 77

Bassett Jobs

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]