BIBLE SEARCH <> JESUS CHRIST is GOD
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#41 Feb 10, 2014
William wrote:
Talking out of both sides of the mouth is standard practice for using mind control by an authority figure. T.
You me Lord, right? Nobody gonna tell me what to believe. I have it all figured out myself.

You are a such a great prophet, even though the Catholic book you read tells you not to do that.

Since you hate warmed over Judaism, have you taken the OT out your book yet?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#42 Feb 10, 2014
William wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I supposed to use to make the argument? The Koran?
The old testament specifically forbids such things over and over and over again, and gives the reasons for it. The Catholic councils decided they "knew better" that what the word of God. It kept lots of sculptors and painters in business and that meant appeal to the flesh and emotions of the people that would fill the Catholic churches (and coffers) looking to worship physical manifestations of Biblical entities. You've said it yourself right here regarding Mary.
Paul had trouble with this as well with Alexander the coppersmith and the people who made shrines to Diana. Your church welcomed those people into their assemblies and continues to do so to this very day, despite what God said about such images.
All of which makes your church a protester, just like those Hebrews that did these things after being told by God not to. The RCC hasn't learned anything from their example, and if they did, they would have tossed out every one of these things from day one. They didn't, and will not today, because of one thing and one thing only. Appeal to the flesh. Once you've got that, the checkbook isn't too far behind.
You are all over the place like most low end Prots. The Bible to you is either/or where in multiple times God specifically told men exactly how to make, according you graven, objects to used by his people. The serpent head and the Ark of the Covenant are just 2.

The Bible is That... And.

Why is the Church still here after 2000 years? The Catholic book you read tells you why.

It has fed, clothed, educated , hydrated and saved more people in the history of the world than any other organization. Only Jesus could be behind that.

For you, Just me and you Lord...Right???
William

Birmingham, AL

#43 Feb 10, 2014
"By the way, you claim to be the only Republican on here. A Republican believes in the strict in interpretation. A left wing liberal claims that one can read the constitution today and determine what it means themselves."

For someone who's "constitution" is the CCC, you don't really need to be throwing out broad comparisons to American political parties without really thinking through the analogy you posted here.

A "left wing liberal" in modern America staunchly believes in an activist government that governs almost every aspect of a citizen's life. The same analogy can be made with your Catholic church, and it's cradle-to-grave approach to it's followers.

You are the liberal, not me.
William

Birmingham, AL

#44 Feb 10, 2014
Mike Peterson wrote:
Since you hate warmed over Judaism, have you taken the OT out of your book yet?
Why would I want to take out part of the material that I am to study to show myself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth?

Better study Mike. Tick tock ... one day closer to that final exam.
William

Birmingham, AL

#45 Feb 10, 2014
"You are all over the place like most low end Prots. The Bible to you is either/or where in multiple times God specifically told men exactly how to make, according you graven, objects to used by his people. The serpent head and the Ark of the Covenant are just 2."

So you won't have any trouble pointing to where Jesus told Peter or Paul to construct new graven images, statues, and idols and to have them function in like manner to the directions given regarding the Ark of the Covenant.

While you are at it, you can also point to the directions that he gave regarding the exact design layout of your church architecture, just like the detailed instructions that God gave regarding the temple that the Israelites were to construct.
William

Birmingham, AL

#46 Feb 10, 2014
Acts 19:24-28

24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;

25 Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.

26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.

28 And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement by Paul regarding graven images now is it.
William

Birmingham, AL

#47 Feb 10, 2014
From a Catholic apologist website:

"If we consider that a 'graven image' is simply a material thing through which God is worshipped and the saints are venerated, then our primary example of the use of a material image to foster veneration is God's own choice to have his Son enter the world as a human being with a material human body."

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...

Absolutely disgusting. Likening the human body of Jesus to a graven image.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#48 Feb 10, 2014
William wrote:
From a Catholic apologist website:
"If we consider that a 'graven image' is simply a material thing through which God is worshipped and the saints are venerated, then our primary example of the use of a material image to foster veneration is God's own choice to have his Son enter the world as a human being with a material human body."
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...
Absolutely disgusting. Likening the human body of Jesus to a graven image.
You are so ignorant of the word" graven". Low enders are called that for a reason.
From a 'high end' protester church : Methodist.
"The Fathers of the Church, in defending the use of icons in worship, highlighted an inconsistency in the theology and practice of the iconoclasts. In prohibiting any depiction of the divine through religious art and images, the iconoclasts failed to see that the Gospel itself is a &#147;verbal icon&#148; of Christ. In pointing this out, St Theodore the Studite wrote in Refutation:
&#147;Nowhere did Christ order that even the briefest word be written about Him. Nonetheless, His image was sketched in writing by the apostles and preserved for us to the present. So, what is represented on the one hand with paper and ink, is likewise represented on the other with various colours and different materials.&#148;
What iconoclasts often miss is the worldliness of Christian worship. By this I mean that Christian worship, although a spiritual activity, cannot be severed from the material world to which Christians belong. As embodied creatures, Christians relate to God through the things of the world. This means that worldly things such as words, concepts, architecture, music, art, symbolic actions, religious symbols, liturgical colours, altar, books, bread, wine and water can enrich our worship of God.
Religious art, images and icons also can be used meaningfully in worship. The second commandment does not prohibit the use of images in worship, but simply warns us against confounding these images with God"
William

Birmingham, AL

#49 Feb 10, 2014
"As embodied creatures, Christians relate to God through the things of the world. This means that worldly things such as words, concepts, architecture, music, art, symbolic actions, religious symbols, liturgical colors, altar, books, bread, wine and water can enrich our worship of God."

Didn't learn a single thing from the OT. Not surprising since a Methodist is about as likely to pick up a Bible and read it as a Catholic is.
William

Birmingham, AL

#50 Feb 10, 2014
Romans 14:11-12

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Better hit the books, Mike. Tick tock...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Griffith Star News Personality Arrested... (Jul '11) Jul 24 Jay Kendricks 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 151
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? (Apr '15) Jun '17 Sig Fife 20
Looking Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 1
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 10
Pan Handling falls under the First Amendment Jun '17 Pan Handler 1

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages