|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

JesusCreed wrote:
You are welcome. Lol.

Are you thinking that our “keeping this thread fresh” will accomplish something for you? Its not going to bring any more people out to your tent. Most on here probably have no idea where you even have a tent set up. I sure don’t and really don’t care. I’ve been in the past- its just a meeting where you guys get together to slam on them awful bad denominational Churches. After all, the church of Christ never disagree on things- one mind in unity always- NOT. Anyways, we all don’t mind keeping this thread fresh.
Thanks again.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about money. They need something to get their supporters excited about.
I'd say correct. Show them something for their money. Has anyone else found that slamming all of those denoms only drives people away from the message?
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Maybe they get bonuses for number of topix hits. Lol.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Mark Mcminnis came to Bridgetown Church's first service this past winter. He wanted to cause trouble. He harassed the pastor before the service started while a videocamera recorded it and played it on his TV show that Thursday. He was enjoying attacking Christians come together to worship God. I bet Mark thought he was high and mighty for doing that.

Mark must have not had anyone come to Danville Church of Christ that day to preach to. He probably has no one at all.

Church of Christ that Mark, Johnny and Heath with are a gang of immature men bullying and ganging up on others. I don't think Johnny and Heath really believe in God. They don't fear God, they enjoy persecuting real Christians too much.

Johnny, Heath, Mark, James, Micah and Caleb are false teachers attacking the Lord's real followers.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say correct. Show them something for their money. Has anyone else found that slamming all of those denoms only drives people away from the message?
Dave, they even get support from Texas but I doubt the supporters know anything about these threads. They put the show on to keep the money rolling in. Look at this way, Johnny's church is very small but it appears that he has a much larger income and lifestyle than his congregation can support.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Dave Miller another coc preacher in Ft worth had a similar gig on daystar tv where he garnered lots of support from coc's everywhere.

Now, to be fair there are lots of preachers in other denominations who do the same things-building their own empire.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Olethros wrote:
Mark Mcminnis came to Bridgetown Church's first service this past winter. He wanted to cause trouble. He harassed the pastor before the service started while a videocamera recorded it and played it on his TV show that Thursday. He was enjoying attacking Christians come together to worship God. I bet Mark thought he was high and mighty for doing that.
Mark must have not had anyone come to Danville Church of Christ that day to preach to. He probably has no one at all.
Church of Christ that Mark, Johnny and Heath with are a gang of immature men bullying and ganging up on others. I don't think Johnny and Heath really believe in God. They don't fear God, they enjoy persecuting real Christians too much.
Johnny, Heath, Mark, James, Micah and Caleb are false teachers attacking the Lord's real followers.
Are you a false teacher or a truth teacher and why? Why are they not?

They interpret the Bible just like you. They are saying the HS leads them to the truth. Does the HS lead you to the Truth too?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a false teacher or a truth teacher and why? Why are they not?
They interpret the Bible just like you. They are saying the HS leads them to the truth. Does the HS lead you to the Truth too?
Johnny, Mark and James don't believe in the Holy Spirit. They think they understand the Bible perfectly and so they don't need God's guidance.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Dave P wrote:
Maybe they get bonuses for number of topix hits. Lol.
Lol. It is funny when Shawn keeps thanking us for keeping this thread fresh.

Since none of us on here will be at thier tent......maybe he will post a YouTube of him at the tent.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Bobby wrote:
Dave Miller another coc preacher in Ft worth had a similar gig on daystar tv where he garnered lots of support from coc's everywhere.
Now, to be fair there are lots of preachers in other denominations who do the same things-building their own empire.
Wasn't he the guy on "the truth in love" show? Seen that once on there. Believe it was the usual baptism/lords supper/instrument thing.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't he the guy on "the truth in love" show? Seen that once on there. Believe it was the usual baptism/lords supper/instrument thing.
Yes, he was connected to brown trail school of preaching which once had strong influence on coc churches in this area. Most of the coc's I had connections with were of the same legalistic mindset. Had I spent my early years in a coc similar to your experience, I might still be there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Larry Surber destroyed Johnny Robertson and his CoC tonight.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again.
And again, you are welcome
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny, Mark and James don't believe in the Holy Spirit. They think they understand the Bible perfectly and so they don't need God's guidance.
And what guidance do you have?

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>And again, you are welcome
And again, you are thanked.

Psalm 14:1

Psalm 53:1

www.roysecitycoc.org

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

It's sad that you guys don't even have the courage to call in and defend the existence of God.

However, such is the shallow faith of denominationalist.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

HEATH - 72 wrote:
It's sad that you guys don't even have the courage to call in and defend the existence of God.
www.roysecitycoc.org
Tell us again how you guys came to be the one true church and reject all others including most other coc's?

Have you considered becoming a catholic, I mean that you already teach some of their doctrine and Johnny is the infallible pope:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

HEATH - 72 wrote:
www.roysecitycoc.org
Major fallacy here! You are assuming people on here are watching the shows you guys are airing. I don't have Comcast thus do NOT watch any of the shows. Olethros seems to be the only one on here viewing the shows. On another point: how many people called in from the church of Christ? Just wondering.

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Thanks again for the posts.

:)

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us again how you guys came to be the one true church and reject all others including most other coc's?

Have you considered becoming a catholic, I mean that you already teach some of their doctrine and Johnny is the infallible pope:-)
I know you're not in the the one true church anymore. That would be cultic.

So, to keep from being cultic you've joined a false church.

Yeah...that makes sense. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bassett Discussions

Search the Bassett Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) 4 hr Jimmy Crack Corn 92
Mike Peterson and his Catholic Book 8 hr Mike_Peterson 3
Is Jesus your Lord and Savior 10 hr Mike_Peterson 219
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 11 hr Time Flys 2,549
Is Roman Catholicism a FALSE GOSPEL 18 hr Dave P 156
Is baptism essential to salvation (Nov '10) 20 hr Axel Reid 229
Refuting the Church of Christ view of Baptism (May '10) 22 hr Axel Reid 94
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••