261 - 280 of 304 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2013
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#269 Oct 16, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
False
Try again
Dodgeball. If it's false, disprove it there Elmer Gantry. Just saying it doesn't make it so. How bout a little more substance than your typical drive by answers?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#270 Oct 17, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Personal interpretation of choosing to come to God through Christ alone. Do you desire scripture reference for that? Oh yeah They taught me the word of God that was at one time through prophecy but now written by the Holy Spirit is the guide in life. Now remind us what your priest taught you?
Too bad they didn't find time to teach you the history of your own little denomination while they were teaching you so much about the Roman Catholic Church!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#271 Oct 22, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad they didn't find time to teach you the history of your own little denomination while they were teaching you so much about the Roman Catholic Church!
What priest taught you?

Location hidden

#272 Oct 22, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>What priest taught you?
At least half a dozen. My parents were CofC so all they did was lie to me but it was done out of ignorance.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#273 Oct 23, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Should anyone in your thoughts ever be rebaptized?
Scripture clearly shows that only one baptism exists, in the authority of Jesus name. That there is only one time that Christ is crucified to ourselves personally through immersion.

Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess, yet we somehow to to twist Acts 19 into a excuse to recreate the baptized by Apolos Paul etc. sect system by ignoring the clear fact that John's authority ended with his death, Jesus continued after his death and is the only authority that exits. How is it that we somehow believe that Jesus authority over baptism is invalidated because of some knowledge we need to have? Atheist will bow their knee to God whom they do not know because God's authority stands no matter what.

So if someone were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ there is no reason to re-baptize them unless you consider Jesus authority subservient to something man made.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#274 Oct 23, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
False premise.
Liars do not enter the kingdom. Your man made properly baptized based on knowledge by twisting Acts 19 will not clear you of violating scripture.

How does one crucify Christ to themselves?
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#275 Oct 23, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not baptism only
Mark 16:16
www.roysecitycoc.org
Jesus asked his disciples of they could suffer the baptism he was about to suffer, I wonder why he would call it that hmmmmmmm did they leave out the passages were the Roman's baptized him in water, or does baptism itself have a bigger meaning that should be applied to the process?

Location hidden

#276 Oct 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
At least half a dozen. My parents were CofC so all they did was lie to me but it was done out of ignorance.
So where in the bible do you find priest teaching the people?

Location hidden

#277 Oct 23, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>So where in the bible do you find priest teaching the people?
Most every single place in the New Testament where you find the word Elder or Presbyter or Presbuteros. The word Priest is simply the centuries old anglicized Greek word. I have mentioned numerous times.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#278 Oct 24, 2013
Faith Alone Is Not Belief In God

A. G. Freed

"He that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life" (John 3:36 ASV). This truth is seen when "Jehovah said unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed not in me, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel" (Num. 20:12 ASV). They had not the "conviction" to do just what God said do. God said unto them, "...speak ye unto the rock before their eyes" (Num. 20:8 ASV). But they "smote the rock" (Num. 20:11). Hence God says, "Ye believed not in me" (Num. 20:12 ASV).

What is it to "believe in" God? It is to do trustingly and lovingly just what He says. This "faith alone" system is the popular doctrine in pulpits and on rostrums of the modern pastor and money-loving evangelist. There is nothing that they put over with a show that is more deceiving and soul-blighting.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#279 Oct 24, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
Faith Alone Is Not Belief In God
A. G. Freed
"He that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life" (John 3:36 ASV). This truth is seen when "Jehovah said unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed not in me, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel" (Num. 20:12 ASV). They had not the "conviction" to do just what God said do. God said unto them, "...speak ye unto the rock before their eyes" (Num. 20:8 ASV). But they "smote the rock" (Num. 20:11). Hence God says, "Ye believed not in me" (Num. 20:12 ASV).
What is it to "believe in" God? It is to do trustingly and lovingly just what He says. This "faith alone" system is the popular doctrine in pulpits and on rostrums of the modern pastor and money-loving evangelist. There is nothing that they put over with a show that is more deceiving and soul-blighting.
www.roysecitycoc.org
Are you the Texas twit?

Royse City

#280 Oct 24, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you the Texas twit?
me pogo

Location hidden

#281 Oct 24, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture clearly shows that only one baptism exists, in the authority of Jesus name. That there is only one time that Christ is crucified to ourselves personally through immersion.
Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess, yet we somehow to to twist Acts 19 into a excuse to recreate the baptized by Apolos Paul etc. sect system by ignoring the clear fact that John's authority ended with his death, Jesus continued after his death and is the only authority that exits. How is it that we somehow believe that Jesus authority over baptism is invalidated because of some knowledge we need to have? Atheist will bow their knee to God whom they do not know because God's authority stands no matter what.
So if someone were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ there is no reason to re-baptize them unless you consider Jesus authority subservient to something man made.
What if a person was baptized just to please his wife without really believing the gospel message. Later in life he confesses of his thoughts at that time. What should he do?

Location hidden

#282 Oct 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Most every single place in the New Testament where you find the word Elder or Presbyter or Presbuteros. The word Priest is simply the centuries old anglicized Greek word. I have mentioned numerous times.
Lets go ahead and post those text for the reading audience so we can see how wrong you speak. Tell me whom makes up the priesthood in christianity of the bible. Not of the RCC. The bible. They should be the same correct?

Location hidden

#283 Oct 24, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Lets go ahead and post those text for the reading audience so we can see how wrong you speak. Tell me whom makes up the priesthood in christianity of the bible. Not of the RCC. The bible. They should be the same correct?
I can't help it if the history of your little prot denomination begins and ends with Alexander Campbell and Daniel Sommer. I also can't help it if your education does not help you discover the etymological origin of words in the English language. I also can't help it if your little prot assembly lacks a presbuteros.

Location hidden

#284 Oct 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it if the history of your little prot denomination begins and ends with Alexander Campbell and Daniel Sommer. I also can't help it if your education does not help you discover the etymological origin of words in the English language. I also can't help it if your little prot assembly lacks a presbuteros.
insults proves you have no answer just insults

Location hidden

#285 Oct 24, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>insults proves you have no answer just insults
Since when are facts insults? It's just weird you claim to know nothing about the origin of your own little denomination yet so much about the 2,000 year history of the Roman Catholic Church, apparently far far more than I do.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#286 Oct 24, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
What if a person was baptized just to please his wife without really believing the gospel message. Later in life he confesses of his thoughts at that time. What should he do?
That's not the issue WIL is talking about.

Royse City

#287 Oct 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>Since when are facts insults? It's just weird you claim to know nothing about the origin of your own little denomination yet so much about the 2,000 year history of the Roman Catholic Church, apparently far far more than I do.
Did you pray to the dead today?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#288 Oct 25, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you pray to the dead today?
I pray for the dead. I also ask the dead to pray for me. We know the Saints and Mary are alive in Heaven.

2 Maccabees 12:43-46

43 He then took up a collection among all his soldiers, amounting to two thousand silver drachmas, which he sent to Jerusalem to provide for an expiatory sacrifice. In doing this he acted in a very excellent and noble way, inasmuch as he had the resurrection of the dead in view;

44 for if he were not expecting the fallen to rise again, it would have been useless and foolish to pray for them in death.

45 But if he did this with a view to the splendid reward that awaits those who had gone to rest in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought.

46 Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 49 min Bobby 171
Is baptism essential to salvation (Nov '10) 56 min Bobby 275
Jesus' words only teaching, HRM (Sep '13) 2 hr Barnsweb 68
Why do we go to church? 15 hr Barnsweb 14
Catholics (Feb '14) Sun Bobby 869
Signing off ... for now Aug 26 Barnsweb 512
Where did the CoC cowards go? Aug 23 Jimmy Crack Corn 2
•••
•••
•••