tent meeting 2013

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#228 Sep 27, 2013
Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church of Christ IS religious error.
That they call themselves "Church of Christ" doesn't make them a real church. It doesn't make them of Christ.
The CofC is just as valid as any other prot group. It just hasn't been around anywhere near as long as some of them have.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#229 Sep 28, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't have a church membership, I do seek to follow the way of the Lord, so why are you afraid to admit your fellow CoCers have not truely repented for their lies to Jackie Poe?
Do you not care that they have not redressed their actions, or is it ok for thieves to keep their loot in the CoC now? Is it ok for remarried people to stay with their current spouse? If the other two are no why is it ok for someone to lie to another and not return to them to admit the lie?
Don't be ashamed. What do you do on Sunday morning.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#230 Sep 29, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be ashamed. What do you do on Sunday morning.
That's a good question.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#231 Oct 9, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to every passage you gave.
So are you repenting from rebaptizing people already baptized in Jesus name?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#232 Oct 9, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Should anyone in your thoughts ever be rebaptized?

Location hidden

#233 Oct 9, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>So are you repenting from rebaptizing people already baptized in Jesus name?
False premise.

Location hidden

#234 Oct 9, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Should anyone in your thoughts ever be rebaptized?
Good question.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#235 Oct 10, 2013
WIL has made his thoughts clear on this before. He sees no scriptural examples of anyone being rebaptized who had previously been baptized in His name and authority. In that he is correct.

Why would you make anyone who has been baptied in His name and authority be rebaptized? That is his question.

Perhaps answers, not "good question", are in order here.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#236 Oct 10, 2013
Dave P wrote:
WIL has made his thoughts clear on this before. He sees no scriptural examples of anyone being rebaptized who had previously been baptized in His name and authority. In that he is correct.
Why would you make anyone who has been baptied in His name and authority be rebaptized? That is his question.
Perhaps answers, not "good question", are in order here.
I would make no one do anything.
Dave P

Grayson, KY

#237 Oct 10, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text> I would make no one do anything.
Let's rephrase then for your gnat straining. Does a person who has been baptized by the Baptist or Methodist church, in Jesus' name and authority, need to be baptized again for the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit? Is the baptism by the baptist., methodist, or another group valid?
Dave P

Grayson, KY

#238 Oct 10, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question.
Better questions- what should we be doing on Sunday morning? How important is it?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#239 Oct 10, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's rephrase then for your gnat straining. Does a person who has been baptized by the Baptist or Methodist church, in Jesus' name and authority, need to be baptized again for the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit? Is the baptism by the baptist., methodist, or another group valid?
Do you mean in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? No they don't need to. In Jesus name? Of course they do.

I like how you add the Methodists. They bring their children to Jesus as an infant. They are mid to high end Prots.

As a convert to the Church, one is asked what kind of baptism did you have.

If you say, I don't remember, I went to the First Gospel of the Redeemer of the Holy Ghost, Church of God in the Holy Spirit, Restoration Church, the priest will say, "In case you were not baptized, I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It is called a conditional baptism.
Dave P

Cleveland, GA

#240 Oct 12, 2013
Crickets....

Location hidden

#241 Oct 12, 2013
No one is baptized in the name of Christ in the Methodist or Baptist churches.

They give lip service to Christ and then operate in the context of their own denominational agenda.

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#242 Oct 12, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
They give lip service to Christ and then operate in the context of their own denominational agenda.
www.roysecitycoc.org
Just like you Sommer guys!
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#243 Oct 12, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
www.roysecitycoc.org
Name someone who believes lie you between AD 100 and AD 1700. I want to read what they wrote about your community. No COCer has yet to name one for me yet.
Dave P

Cleveland, GA

#244 Oct 12, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
www.roysecitycoc.org
1. So no one in the Baptist, Methodist, or any other group baptizes "in the name of Christ" or "Father, Son, and Spirit"? You can disagree with their beliefs or reasons, maybe manner in terms of sprinkling. But they do name Christ as their authority. Perhaps your issue is that they don't operate as you believe they should.

2. The faith of the person being baptized, and their reasons, are the only thing that matters. "Denominational agenda", denomination beliefs, the person doing the baptizing, etc. make no difference whatsoever.

3. We all have "denominational agendas". Even you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#245 Oct 15, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
1. So no one in the Baptist, Methodist, or any other group baptizes "in the name of Christ" or "Father, Son, and Spirit"? You can disagree with their beliefs or reasons, maybe manner in terms of sprinkling. But they do name Christ as their authority. Perhaps your issue is that they don't operate as you believe they should.
2. The faith of the person being baptized, and their reasons, are the only thing that matters. "Denominational agenda", denomination beliefs, the person doing the baptizing, etc. make no difference whatsoever.
3. We all have "denominational agendas". Even you.
Their only defense is to appeal to Acts 19 which has nothing to do with rebaptizing “for remission of sins”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#246 Oct 15, 2013
Walkinginlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, here is how their argument goes: To be baptized ‘IN JESUS NAME’ means to be baptized according to his authority which is FOR REMSSION OF SINS. IN HIS NAME isn’t a phrase that must be said over the person being baptized. IN HIS NAME speaks of Jesus’ authority in regards to baptism. To find Jesus authority, they will take you to Mark 16:16, Luke’s gospel where he states repentance and remission of sins would be preached beginning with the Jews, which occurred on Pentecost, via the preaching of Peter where Peter commands repentance and baptism FOR REMISSION OF SINS.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#247 Oct 15, 2013
Looks like too much mess being made out of something so easy as getting dunked in water. I've never read any scripture that says without getting dunked a person is in trouble. According to some it sounds like its not just that but even the dunking has to be "correct"

This is legalism. It's not Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) 3 hr William 147
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Apr 24 Barnsweb 9
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! (Jul '15) Apr 18 Bill 6
My girl Apr 18 Bill 3
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Apr 8 James A Farmer 45
Need help finding friend Mar '17 J Collins 1
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Mar '17 Democrappy ... 12

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages