Micah Robertson's idiocy

Posted in the Bassett Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 27, 2014
 
I saw Micah on his show on Star News last night and laughed so hard it hurt. Micah was telling that people have no excuse for not being in the Church of Christ because the Martinsville CoC gang have been broadcasting on Star News all this time.

Micah you punk, how big an audience does Star News honestly have? It's not as big as WSLS's, WXII's or WGHP's. The ones who do watch Star News are doing it because we're laughing at all of you. Your audience is not bigger than a few hundred.

Micah are you telling us salvation demands watching Star News? Show me in the Bible where that is.
Jim

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 28, 2014
 
I watched it and I don't even live in Va. I think he did a great job keep up the work.

13 But others mocking said, "They are filled with new wine."
Acts 2:13 (ESV

This is you Olethros, your the punk.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 1, 2014
 
I didn't say Micah was filled with new wine.

Micah and Johnny Robertson and their followers are filled with old whine.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 6, 2014
 
Well Micah since you're taking over from daddy as he's leaving and putting you in charge, answer us.

Are only the people who watch your ridiculous programs on the Star News stations getting to be those who get exposed to the proper "information" for salvation?

Micah, you need education. The amount of people who watch Star News regular is very small in the region. The amount of people who watch the Church of Christ programs is even smaller. The amount of people who take the Church of Christ "preachers" seriously is much smaller still. When members of Johnny Robertson's cult are excluded it would have to be less than 20 people who tune in to seriously hear you "preach". We can be certain because you aren't getting new members at a very high rate. If you had successful preaching you would have more people coming to be baptized per your insisted perspective of scripture.

Micah your father is spending exorbitant amounts of money for programming reaching an audience of at most a few hundred between here and Rocky Mount NC. It's a tiny portion tuning in expecting serious preaching from you. The vast amount of people who are watching you and Johnny do so because they are laughing at you and can't believe any TV station would put such clownish behavior on the air.

So Micah tell us that only people who take time out of their busy lives to watch your show on an insignificant TV station will be the ones who get salvation from God.

Tell James Oldfield that his show isn't A Word from the Lord. He's never had any word from the Lord on his show.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Is everyone on a small broadcasting format an "idiot"?? Not too sure of any valid point made but a personal opinion. So Johnny's signing off now?

CoC needs to graduate their call to "restore' to a new level - the old one is just that, and the schools that refuse to hear God on who He said to hear and who to ignore is the first lesson they need to learn.

I doubt Protestants have the heart or interest to know any of His truth.
Mike Peterson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Barnsweb wrote:
Is everyone on a small broadcasting format an "idiot"?? Not too sure of any valid point made but a personal opinion. So Johnny's signing off now?
CoC needs to graduate their call to "restore' to a new level - the old one is just that, and the schools that refuse to hear God on who He said to hear and who to ignore is the first lesson they need to learn.
I doubt Protestants have the heart or interest to know any of His truth.
They all took parts of the Truth. When that heretical movement started they came out of the Church and each took the part they liked. As each Protester group split up the truth got watered down until you get to the point of William, a non catholic community of one. Jesus and him. IF you count those like him, I would guess there hundreds of thousands of protester 'groups' decapitating the head of Jesus from his Church. and dividing the body up.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
They all took parts of the Truth. When that heretical movement started they came out of the Church and each took the part they liked. As each Protester group split up the truth got watered down until you get to the point of William, a non catholic community of one. Jesus and him. IF you count those like him, I would guess there hundreds of thousands of protester 'groups' decapitating the head of Jesus from his Church. and dividing the body up.
That's some funny stuff, considering that the Catholic church is the biggest and oldest cut-and-paste religion to come out of what transpired in the region of Galilee some 2,000 years ago.

A little bit out of some books that became the Bible, with a heaping dose of paganism thrown in to keep the conquered peoples of the Roman Empire fat and happy during the conquest. Morph the religion into that of the Roman Caesars authority over the state and the empire and some 300 years later make it a formal religion with all the trappings of government and military rule.

That church in Acts 2 on that infamous day of Pentecost? Well it's a church alright, it just doesn't happen to be your church. You'll have this made abundantly clear to you one day in the not-to-distant future.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

William wrote:
<quoted text>
That's some funny stuff, considering that the Catholic church is the biggest and oldest cut-and-paste religion to come out of what transpired in the region of Galilee some 2,000 years ago.
A little bit out of some books that became the Bible, with a heaping dose of paganism thrown in to keep the conquered peoples of the Roman Empire fat and happy during the conquest. Morph the religion into that of the Roman Caesars authority over the state and the empire and some 300 years later make it a formal religion with all the trappings of government and military rule.
That church in Acts 2 on that infamous day of Pentecost? Well it's a church alright, it just doesn't happen to be your church. You'll have this made abundantly clear to you one day in the not-to-distant future.
The Church was on its 32nd Pope when Constantine legalized Christianity.

Please show me where Jesus or any of the Apostles said to worship a book. It does say scriptures are profitable for teaching, but not which ones.

The Church decided which ones were and you agree with that decision, at least with the NT, and the Church has used these to teach for 1600 years.

People could not read books until after the printing press was created.

To know history is to cease being Protestant.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 7, 2014
 
"To know history is to cease being Protestant."

To study actual history is to be able to recognize the origins, development, and spread of the Roman Catholic church, and to do it free from Catholic revisionism.

The eyes of understanding open up pretty fast then, and you run screaming out of the monastery.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 10, 2014
 
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church was on its 32nd Pope when Constantine legalized Christianity.
Please show me where Jesus or any of the Apostles said to worship a book. It does say scriptures are profitable for teaching, but not which ones.
The Church decided which ones were and you agree with that decision, at least with the NT, and the Church has used these to teach for 1600 years.
People could not read books until after the printing press was created.
To know history is to cease being Protestant.
Jesus taught the Doctrine and Commandments of God in a way for us to believe and follow. He changed not one commandment of God, but revealed the fullness of His grace and truth.

Has the Catholic Church at any time, by any means, taught anything different than did the Son of God? Jesus taught that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God... never nullifying or setting aside or loosening any condition of His standards for His instructions to mankind.

To follow God requires knowing what He has declared His will and truth to be. It isn't about worshiping a book, it's about doing as God has long said is true, as recorded in the Set-Apart Scripture - the words through Moses, the Prophets, the Son and their records of the doctrine and teachings of Jesus Christ.

If Jesus didn't set aside or loosen Torah - how come Paul said it was nailed to the cross or a curse to Israel or that it brings death and not life?

Even though ignored by Paul, we must believe what Jesus said is required is still required.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••