Challenge to Johnny Robertson and his gang

Posted in the Bassett Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1 Jun 24, 2013
I challenge you to preach on TV for 1 month without mentioning any other church, preacher, pastor. You can only preach from scripture without mentioning anyone else.

We know none of you can do it. You can't preach without attacking people.

We know you can't teach pure Bible. If you think you can then prove it.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 25, 2013
Olethros wrote:
I challenge you to preach on TV for 1 month without mentioning any other church, preacher, pastor. You can only preach from scripture without mentioning anyone else.
We know none of you can do it. You can't preach without attacking people.
We know you can't teach pure Bible. If you think you can then prove it.
Mr. Robertson is exercising his First Amendment rights under the United States Constitution. If you don't like it exercise yours and don't watch! From what I gather Mr. Robertson pays for the air time and his programs are not intended to be "preaching" shows. Perhaps you could tell us how he has directly impacted your life and then define teaching "pure Bible." You might also tell us which preachers and pastors on local television do meet with your approval.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

New York, NY

#3 Jun 25, 2013
Olethros wrote:
I challenge you to preach on TV for 1 month without mentioning any other church, preacher, pastor. You can only preach from scripture without mentioning anyone else.
We know none of you can do it. You can't preach without attacking people.
We know you can't teach pure Bible. If you think you can then prove it.
Mark being Catholic would naturally defend the Catholic tendencies of Pope Johnny. Pure bible? Never with Catholic tradition. They attack their enemies with vengeance just like in the crusades. The two are very much alike.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

New York, NY

#4 Jun 25, 2013
This Johnny is an interesting fellow. His show could be best described as entertainment unlike some of the Christian shows I see locally.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 25, 2013
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL wrote:
<quoted text>Mark being Catholic would naturally defend the Catholic tendencies of Pope Johnny. Pure bible? Never with Catholic tradition. They attack their enemies with vengeance just like in the crusades. The two are very much alike.
So says one who has some nerve complaining about others attacking their enemies! And "just like the crusades?" Where in the hell were you educated?

I take it you would censor Mr. Robertson and prevent him from speaking.
knight

United States

#6 Jun 25, 2013
You better behave now. You know Heath is near Eden. I'm so afraid I pissed myself.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#7 Jun 25, 2013
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL wrote:
<quoted text>Mark being Catholic would naturally defend the Catholic tendencies of Pope Johnny. Pure bible? Never with Catholic tradition. They attack their enemies with vengeance just like in the crusades. The two are very much alike.
In the many years I have been a Catholic, never I have a heard a non-Catholic Christian ecclesial community attacked in any Mass.

We are busy worshiping God.

In my Protestant days, it was 2 to 3 times a month but only against the Catholic Church.

I hear now all non Catholic Christian eccesial communities are fair game to each other.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8 Jun 25, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
In the many years I have been a Catholic, never I have a heard a non-Catholic Christian ecclesial community attacked in any Mass.
We are busy worshiping God.
In my Protestant days, it was 2 to 3 times a month but only against the Catholic Church.
I hear now all non Catholic Christian eccesial communities are fair game to each other.
Mr. Roberston exposed the phony PHD and Masters degrees claimed by several local ministers who run multi million dollar churches and live in huge houses. Robertson also showed one driving around in Bentley. He is an equal opportunity basher. However, as a CofC preacher, Robertson is just as phony. His claims of being in the Church of the first century is made without a shred of evidence to back up him up.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9 Jun 25, 2013
Robertson cannot preach without attacking someone. That isn't a gospel preacher. That is a gossip preacher.

I don't think he and his gang can be gospel preachers.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10 Jun 25, 2013
Olethros wrote:
Robertson cannot preach without attacking someone. That isn't a gospel preacher. That is a gossip preacher.
I don't think he and his gang can be gospel preachers.
I don't think it's any of your concern. Don't like Robertson? Don't watch! And what is a "gospel preacher?" You just made that up. If you know one name one.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 25, 2013
I remain convinced low end prots are the reason G*d allowed vodka to be invented.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12 Jun 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>And what is a "gospel preacher?" You just made that up. If you know one name one.
It is what Johnny Robertson calls himself.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 25, 2013
Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what Johnny Robertson calls himself.
Silly you. You said he wasn't one so are you going to name one you think fills the bill as a "gospel preacher."
Yolanda Xavier Yodel

Bellefonte, PA

#14 Jun 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Roberston exposed the phony PHD and Masters degrees claimed by several local ministers who run multi million dollar churches and live in huge houses. Robertson also showed one driving around in Bentley. He is an equal opportunity basher. However, as a CofC preacher, Robertson is just as phony. His claims of being in the Church of the first century is made without a shred of evidence to back up him up.
"Exposed"? Yeah, that's the kind of language they use, isn't it? The problem is that it implies that anyone cared what Johnny put on his program. Are those local ministers out of business? Are the "phony PHD and Masters degrees" still being given out? Is that one driving around in the Bentley still driving around in the Bentley?

You have to have some respect and personal integrity for people to care about the claims you make against others. In this case, most people see Johnny and his pals as instigators and rabble rousers, and so they could find the smoking gun that linked a famous politician to 9/11, and nobody'd believe him or care, because the source would be so clunky.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#15 Jun 25, 2013
Yolanda Xavier Yodel wrote:
<quoted text>
"Exposed"? Yeah, that's the kind of language they use, isn't it? The problem is that it implies that anyone cared what Johnny put on his program. Are those local ministers out of business? Are the "phony PHD and Masters degrees" still being given out? Is that one driving around in the Bentley still driving around in the Bentley?
You have to have some respect and personal integrity for people to care about the claims you make against others. In this case, most people see Johnny and his pals as instigators and rabble rousers, and so they could find the smoking gun that linked a famous politician to 9/11, and nobody'd believe him or care, because the source would be so clunky.
You write like you received one of those phony degrees. That last sentence is hysterical and incomprehensible! All you need to do is drive out Route 58 east of Martinsville toward Danville to see all the the multi million dollar church empires, one right after another. I've no idea if the Bentley is on a used car lot somewhere in Axton or Collinsville. I also have no idea if the diploma mill on Brookdale Street is still in business.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Manassas, VA

#16 Jun 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
So says one who has some nerve complaining about others attacking their enemies! And "just like the crusades?" Where in the hell were you educated?
I take it you would censor Mr. Robertson and prevent him from speaking.
I was educated at HA, HA, HA, HAvard.
Yolanda Xavier Yodel

Bellefonte, PA

#17 Jun 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
You write like you received one of those phony degrees. That last sentence is hysterical and incomprehensible! All you need to do is drive out Route 58 east of Martinsville toward Danville to see all the the multi million dollar church empires, one right after another. I've no idea if the Bentley is on a used car lot somewhere in Axton or Collinsville. I also have no idea if the diploma mill on Brookdale Street is still in business.
You miss my point, MarkEden. I'll make it simple: nothing that Johnny Robertson and company has "exposed" has changed one iota, at least not because of their so-called exposés. They are all about making broadcasts that they can play back for their fund-providers back in Texas to say, "look what we're doing for those poor lost souls in southern Virginia and northern North Carolina!"

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#18 Jun 26, 2013
Yolanda Xavier Yodel wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss my point, MarkEden. I'll make it simple: nothing that Johnny Robertson and company has "exposed" has changed one iota, at least not because of their so-called exposés. They are all about making broadcasts that they can play back for their fund-providers back in Texas to say, "look what we're doing for those poor lost souls in southern Virginia and northern North Carolina!"
I can't quite understand why this is of such concern to you. Mr. Robertson is exercising his First Amendment rights. Would you deny him his Constitutional rights? That nothing has changed at these mega churches with the phony Reverend Doctor Bishop pastors says more about the poor folks forking over their hard earned cash each week to pay for these big houses and cars. But then they are exercising their First Amendment rights as well. It's just a source of amusement for me and I especially enjoy all the big hats.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#19 Jun 26, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't quite understand why this is of such concern to you. Mr. Robertson is exercising his First Amendment rights. Would you deny him his Constitutional rights? That nothing has changed at these mega churches with the phony Reverend Doctor Bishop pastors says more about the poor folks forking over their hard earned cash each week to pay for these big houses and cars. But then they are exercising their First Amendment rights as well. It's just a source of amusement for me and I especially enjoy all the big hats.
Those fellas are useful idiots but not the only ones:-)
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#20 Jun 26, 2013
Yolanda Xavier Yodel wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss my point, MarkEden. I'll make it simple: nothing that Johnny Robertson and company has "exposed" has changed one iota, at least not because of their so-called exposés. They are all about making broadcasts that they can play back for their fund-providers back in Texas to say, "look what we're doing for those poor lost souls in southern Virginia and northern North Carolina!"
Are there not lost souls there? There are where I live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Acts of Worship: The error of The Church of C... (Sep '11) 11 min Ernie 271
Hard Passages: Matt. 19:9 28 min Jimmy Crack Corn ... 6
Catholics (Feb '14) 18 hr Barnsweb 1,921
Hard Passages: Acts 2:38 Nov 25 Ernie 221
Indictments issued Sep '14 shannonsmith 1
hottest girl (Jan '14) Sep '14 me fartwhistle 3
Meth, Cocaine, Marijuana Found in Henry Co. Home (May '14) May '14 new to the area 3
Bassett Dating
Find my Match

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:22 pm PST