Jesus is King

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#638 Dec 9, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your heart so full of hate and bitterness that you must resort to cussing to express your emotions?
Cussing? You think you can come into a public forum and continually spread the most vile lies about the Catholic Church and then pretend to be offended by the word damn? DAMN DAMN DAMN LOL
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#639 Dec 9, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Follow Paul orJesus wrote:
The follower of Paul makes this statement. Just as our biological father has an important role in our birth and continuing nurture, so the priest - as the one who baptizes us - has an important role in our second birth, our birth "from above…of water and the Spirit" (John 3:3-5).
Jesus says: Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.(or from above)
We are talking of two different things here. Being born from above and of God and following our Father in heaven as Jesus teaches.
The other way is being born of a priest or Father on earth and as Paul teaches following him or your Father on earth.
Chose this day whom you will follow.
BW- AMEN! Exactly! Have you read "Jesus' Words Only"? Someone else seems to realize the truth. Those who followed others were destroyed by God. If it can be proven that Paul did not teach the Doctrine of God and abide in the Doctrine of Jesus Christ - if the apostle John tells the truth - II John 9-11?(and I John)
1. Gentlemen, the "follower of Paul" is not Paul. If you can't separate what someone teaches from what Paul said, then there is no hope for either of you.
2. Notice how excited BW got? What were the first things he typed? "Have you read 'Jesus' Words Only'"? Exactly.
Get these two an OT, with only the red letter NT; some Jewish skull caps, a long beard and a prayer rug, and get out of their way.
Double buffoonery.
And it's not "buffoonery" to turn the faith on it's head and say follow the Church and Hear them - and say it's "buffoonery" to make sure we hear Yeshua?

God help you.

Acts 3:22,23
Follow Paul or Jesus

Torrance, CA

#640 Dec 9, 2013
Dave P wrote:
1. Gentlemen, the "follower of Paul" is not Paul. If you can't separate what someone teaches from what Paul said, then there is no hope for either of you.
Duh!!!!! Do you think the reason I stated one quote as being from the "follower of Paul" was to separate his statement from that of Paul? You are lacking something in your mental arena, are you perhaps bipolar?
Follow Paul or Jesus

Torrance, CA

#641 Dec 9, 2013
There is a simple mental exercise for you in post 630. Maybe some minor workings of your brain will help your understanding.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#642 Dec 9, 2013
For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
2 PETER 2:25

episkopos - bishop - Jesus

*(not Peter)

:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#643 Dec 9, 2013
Sorry

1 Peter 2:25
Dave P

Cleveland, GA

#644 Dec 10, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's not "buffoonery" to turn the faith on it's head and say follow the Church and Hear them - and say it's "buffoonery" to make sure we hear Yeshua?
God help you.
Acts 3:22,23
Why do you quote Acts 3 and Moses but yet not listen to what they say?
The official language here is English. It's ok to say Jesus. I'm not Jewish or Hebrew, so I will not pretend to be one and say Yeshua. You get no cookie for saying Yeshua.
Dave P

Cleveland, GA

#645 Dec 10, 2013
Follow Paul or Jesus wrote:
There is a simple mental exercise for you in post 630. Maybe some minor workings of your brain will help your understanding.
Junior, you're 6-7 months late to this party. This Paul vs Jesus, Sabbath day, law keeping stuff been covered way too much. BW done beat it to death and back.

Paul didn't change the sabbath. Catholics didn't either. Read the book junior. Paul never said what you and BW accuse him of. Buffoonery indeed.
Dave P

Olive Hill, KY

#646 Dec 10, 2013
1 Corinthians 11
New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
Follow Paul or Jesus- Jesus said: Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mat 23:9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
Paul said:
1Co 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
1Co 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
This is another contradiction where Jesus says to follow him and Paul says to follow Paul.
Dave- Yup, some contradiction. Paul was all about people following him only huh?
Let's conveniently leave out things that contradict our narrative.
William

Auburn, AL

#647 Dec 10, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you quote Acts 3 and Moses but yet not listen to what they say?
The official language here is English. It's ok to say Jesus. I'm not Jewish or Hebrew, so I will not pretend to be one and say Yeshua. You get no cookie for saying Yeshua.
Anytime you see someone using Yeshua, G-d, or YAWWEH, you can 100% bet you have run across a fake Jew.

Even in Israel.
Dave P

Olive Hill, KY

#648 Dec 10, 2013
Follow Paul or Jesus wrote:
Student Quiz
According to the bible one man changed the necessity of keeping the Sabbath. What was the name of this man? Bible, chapter, and verse please. A trusting soul I am not children.
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins[c] of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

His name is Jesus.
Dave P

Olive Hill, KY

#649 Dec 10, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime you see someone using Yeshua, G-d, or YAWWEH, you can 100% bet you have run across a fake Jew.
Even in Israel.
Does Rosetta Stone make a Hebrew or Aramaic version?

War Eagle.
William

Birmingham, AL

#650 Dec 10, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Rosetta Stone make a Hebrew or Aramaic version?
War Eagle.
http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-hebrew

Most people would be better off sticking with English.
William

Birmingham, AL

#651 Dec 10, 2013
Colossians 2:16-17

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

"Which are a shadow of things to come..." Interesting that he would say that.

Very interesting.
Follow Paul or Jesus

Miami, FL

#652 Dec 10, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Junior, you're 6-7 months late to this party. This Paul vs Jesus, Sabbath day, law keeping stuff been covered way too much. BW done beat it to death and back.
Paul didn't change the sabbath. Catholics didn't either. Read the book junior. Paul never said what you and BW accuse him of. Buffoonery indeed.
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins[c] of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
His name is Jesus.
Most consider Collisians to be written by Paul. I never heard of Collisians being attributed to Jesus before.
Follow Paul or Jesus

Miami, FL

#653 Dec 10, 2013
Colossians
Follow Paul or Jesus

Miami, FL

#654 Dec 10, 2013
Dave P wrote:
1 Corinthians 11
New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
Mat 23:9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
Paul said:
1Co 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
1Co 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
This is another contradiction where Jesus says to follow him and Paul says to follow Paul.
Dave- Yup, some contradiction. Paul was all about people following him only huh?
Let's conveniently leave out things that contradict our narrative.
Follow Paul or Jesus- Jesus said: Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
1Co 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Jesus said to follow him not to follow Paul. Paul said to follow him.

Jesus never said this(Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ)Some disturbed individual such as yourself could make the same claim and lead simpletons astray. That is probably the reason you never hear Jesus make such a statement. You hear it a lot today. Churches have buried themselves in the Colorado mountains, Jim Jones,Father Divine, even Armstrong to some degree(his security detail referred to him as G-1)I will let you figure what "G" stood for. I fit is over your head, don't worry about it, just move on.
Follow Paul or Jesus

Miami, FL

#655 Dec 10, 2013
William wrote:
Colossians 2:16-17
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
"Which are a shadow of things to come..." Interesting that he would say that.
Very interesting.
Does this apply to the first day for the Lord's Supper. We have some telling us that is a must and offer it no other day. Interesting, indeed. Later, must get back to work.
William

Birmingham, AL

#656 Dec 10, 2013
Follow Paul or Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>Does this apply to the first day for the Lord's Supper. We have some telling us that is a must and offer it no other day. Interesting, indeed. Later, must get back to work.
Since there is no direction on how exactly to "perform" the so-called "Lord's supper" in any of the scriptures, I would have to say that it does not.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#657 Dec 10, 2013
Follow Paul or Jesus wrote:
St. Athanasios, the 4th century patriarch of Alexandria in Egypt, was the first person in Christian history to definitively list those 27 books that we today call the New Testament.
I think this is an interesting statement. He claims that St. Athanasios (a Greek Orthodox) was the first to come up with the bible. Apparently he is correct.
The books of the canon of the New Testament were written mostly in the first century and finished by the year 150 AD. For the Orthodox, the recognition of these writings as authoritative was formalized in the Second Council of Trullan of 692, although it was nearly universally accepted in the mid 300's (Pelikan, Jaroslav (2005). Whose Bible Is It?). The Biblical canon was the result of debate and research, reaching its final term for Catholics at the dogmatic definition of the Council of Trent in the 16th Century, when the Old Testament Canon was finalized in the Catholic Church as well."Canon of the New Testament". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
Western Christianity must be largely infiltrated by the Catholic Jesuits. There is another history of the New Testament from the East - outside of the fear of the Roman Empire. They also received texts as written by the apostles or Paul and others, as well as John's later books. Funny that the books of the 167 AD NT Manuscript the Aramaic English New Testament were translated from are the same list of books that it took Rome another couple of hundred years or so to come up with. How is it that the Eastern Church, where Peter went, had the same books much earlier? And also important to note is that they didn't put the writings of Paul in the same regard as the Twelve Apostles. Lastly, since they were received later, the latter books of John and 2 Peter were not put into the same scroll, but as additional consideration.

We miss out on a lot when we think to rely on Rome and Churches under Rome's control to know the real history of the NT Scriptures. Rome threatened the Aramaic speaking world to change their Scripture tho what Rome said. Some submitted under threats - some men lost their lives preserving the original and refused to submit to Roman Church threats.

If you desire to see and know the facts, I'd highly recommend you get a copy of the AENT (Aramaic English New Testament, Netzari Press LLC, 2010). We've all been fed nonsense of Greek primacy - hardly anything is as we've been told.

Some people have little faith and are afraid to see if what they believe is actually the truth. Actually, most people are like that. BUT, as He said, His words cannot pass away, and we still have them. Lastly, some in the Eastern Church were this text is from place no authority on any book of Paul and they are only considered 'inspirational' material so far as he spoke according to the Doctrine and Commandments of God. Some don't even do that, but consider Paul a false apostle.

So do be aware and try to look past the fear that you may have been lied to. The truth is still available.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnny paying millions to bisexual (Mar '11) Feb 16 William 41
Ruby Stroud Floyd (Mar '10) Feb 4 Rod 5
Is Martinsville Church Of Christ a big lie? (Nov '09) Jan '18 William 77
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! (Jul '15) Dec '17 Stuart Little 7
News Annual coat drive kicks off another year in Dan... Dec '17 Blecchh 1
My girl (Jan '17) Apr '17 Bill 3
Terry or Susan Walker (Nov '10) May '15 vatechalltheway 16

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages