Family, school mourn Long Hill teen

Family, school mourn Long Hill teen

There are 36 comments on the Daily Record story from Nov 18, 2005, titled Family, school mourn Long Hill teen. In it, Daily Record reports that:

Bernard Jaworski pulled a stack of photos of his daughter, Melissa Shoji, from his wallet on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Katherine T

New Rochelle, NY

#21 Jun 21, 2006
Melissa my love,
i love you soo much. you didnt deserve this at all. i hope that bus driver dies a horrible death for what he did to such an amazing girl. im always here for you. i'll nevever forget those memories with olivia calling her shrimppp and havign our fights and batttling with those foam sticks and hearing your laugh when i made wierd faces and made one of my funny comments. mostly new years and summer with you and hershey. bff for lifeeeee. i miss you soo muchhh. i'll never forget the dream i had with you a couple of says go. I help your friends through this situation a lot. and I'm very thankful for that. you have an amazing sister and family to wait for in heaven <333 and someday we will meet again meliska. polishh prideee sistaasss. ahahaha <3333love you baby. see you soon <3333
xoxo kasiaaaaaa aka katherine*
Katherine T

New Rochelle, NY

#22 Jun 21, 2006
melissa,
i miss you and loveee you soo muchh. there isnt one day that i havent thought about you. those dreams i had of u when u passed away. nothing. i will never forget those memoreiws we had togehter. i miss them soo much. dont ever forget about them love. i always see your smile and laugh in my memory, and in my mind. it comes to me everyday and everynight. we were family with agnes always and forevever. you have an amazing sister and family waiting to get up there to see you. im not scared anymore to die or to go to heaven cause i know u will be with me waiting. ill never forget ur smile.laugh.everything.our fights. and mostly how you slept over and i seen you sleep. u were lik an angel. ur smell was one of a kind. ur hair was so soft and silcky. and when u opened your eyes it was lik something good went into me. i love you soooo much. there are no words that i can explain my feelings when the moment i herd that you have passed away. i was devistated. rest in peace mel.
i misss you sooooo much.
where'd you go?
xoxo kasiaaaaaaaaa aka kathy<333333
bffl and family foreverrrr.
Julia

Newark, NJ

#23 Jun 25, 2006
come back melissa, things are not the same without you! why did you have to leave at such a young age you did not deserve this at all you were such an amazing person who had a good heart and a person who would always brighten up the room your family and friends miss you more then ever. I still can not believe this happened.. but your in a better place and your watching over all of us down here on earth. We may not be able to see you in person..but your spirit will always be with us. I love you melissa and i misss you sooo much you will always be in our hearts and mine!
<3always,julia
Julia

Newark, NJ

#24 Jun 25, 2006
oh yeah and i do not live in Staten Island!
Julia

Newark, NJ

#25 Jun 25, 2006
i live in LH
no name

Newark, NJ

#26 Jul 17, 2006
melissa i miss you so much!<3
rest in peace baby, and i hope your having a great time in heaven<3
Maria

Carson, CA

#27 Aug 21, 2006
To all who are grieving over your friend Melissa Victoria, my heart goes to all of you. I recently lost my baby,Melissa Victoria Gonzalez, she passed away 2 days before being born. It's hard to understand why things like this happen but only God can help you understand that they are in heaven in a better place. May God give you the strength to surpass this tragedy as he did with my husband and I. It's still hard but just knowing that she's an Angel now, helps us get thru. each day.

God Bless.
lisa

Granby, Canada

#28 Sep 8, 2006
melissa we all love you so much you will be in our hearts for ever we were best friends in first grade and friends ever since i can't wait to see you again you are so beautiful and your spirit will live on inside all of us rest in peace child
-lisa
Ashley

West Chester, PA

#29 Sep 23, 2006
Melissa, this year has been so hard... at camp, me and Nathalie Delia cried for a few hours becuase it was your 9 month anaversery(can't spell) and it was so hard. She said that you two were best friends. Even though i wasn't your best friend, i still miss you like crazy. But almost every day, I sit alone, and ask God, "why did you have to take Melissa?? she was such a great person?" and then he answered my prayers in a song at camp. Camp helped me really realize why God chose you. He sent me all kinds of songs telling me that you were in Heaven and that you were happy.(FYI, this was a 2 week religious retreat where you do charasmatic prayer, and all that stuff) But at adiration, all i could do was cry and cry because it finally, after 9 months hit me that you were gone. me and nathalie sat there and just cried and talked about memories we had about you. Then I found out that you died in Katie Previncle's arms, and your last words were the hail mary and our father. You died with God's name on your lips. That really made me feel better. Melissa, I miss you sooo much. I love you, and i will continue to pray for you.
With Love,
Ashley
LEVITOO

Sorel, Canada

#30 Nov 2, 2006
thnx everyone for all your comments <333
i miss her soo much
i remember me and her would always gang up
on my brother and try to beat him up.
and i remember the good times during the
summer. haha and i remember she called me
LEVITOO and livvii and reto retardoo she
could be mean to me but she was my sister
and no matter what we loved eachother and
ill miss you for the rest of my life

when i see your smile i just cry and i wanna here your voice and just hear you laugh again. its hard to move on and hard to know that i wont see you till i go up to heaven. so thats why ill make the most of it. and live my life like melissa did. happy and crazy JUST FOR YOU cause were sisters forever and that will never change <3333
love,
Olivia Shoji
LEVITOO

Sorel, Canada

#31 Nov 6, 2006
i really miss her
just seeing her friends myspaces and pictures of new friends on there myspaces make me think that if she would be alive she would be with them
dont consider a sstranger

Allenwood, NJ

#32 Dec 11, 2006
i see all your friends, and since i am hanging out with them i feel like i wouldve met you. i feel like that because they are your friends, and if you were still here, in sigh t you would be there next to them and i would get to talk to you too. you still are there just not in sight.
i could tell you were a good friend
and best friend material.
i am good friends with your sister, olivia, and i can see form her you were amazing and beautiful.
i wish i got to hang with you.
when its my turn to go, i think i might say hey <3
livvi

Montréal, Canada

#33 Dec 13, 2006
i miss you alot melissa i wish you could come back
brittany

Eatontown, NJ

#34 Feb 3, 2007
melissa i miss u so much

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS what ur family and ue best friends are goin through.... its so hard to go on without you knowing that the bus driver is living his life free with no punishment and seein how ur parents are so heartbroken
Livv

Englishtown, NJ

#35 Feb 9, 2007
i miss you babe =(
Re_Julie

Basking Ridge, NJ

#36 Oct 25, 2012
Julie wrote:
I'm sorry that the family is experiencing so much pain. There is notthing that anyone can ever do to replace the lost of a loved one. But in my personal experience, the bus driving company should require that the driver has a certain test that they need to pass. 75 years old, may be too old to be having such a big responsiblity, after all not only the safe of the people within the bus are in his hands, as well as local people. For example Melissa. This shouldn't have happened, and it's sad that something like this has to occur for someone to make a stand , and change the restrictions of their drivers. I also believe he should be charged with charges. How is it that police officers can charge people with speeding tickets and others less harmful then this one. But are basically just allowing him to live freely while a family has lost a loved one. If he wasn't aware of what had happened it doesn't necessarly mean he should just be allowed to roam free. He did something that caused someone's death, he should pay the price for his mistakes.
I was on that bus. No one knew...I did not know, there was no indication that anything had happened. Why should an old man who drove a bus with his wife sitting behind him, spend the remainder of his life in prison for an event which has most likely tarnished his ability to live with a clear mind. Speeders and those who commit crimes KNOWINGLY COMMIT THEM. THAT IS WHY THEY SHOULD BE INCARCERATED. Put the tax payers money to criminals who deserve to be punished.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Basking Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Education deans to Trump: Wea re a seriously co... Jan 14 MichaelNudite 1
News Federal judge says NJ town discriminated agains... Jan 4 samsung no more 25
Damn liberals Dec '16 Raegen84fan 1
Someone cut down my tree in my front yard!! Dec '16 Bigboi88 1
News No Hard Feelings? Trump's transition team aims ... Dec '16 Dee Dee Dee 20
Review: Hillary's Fashion Boutique (Oct '10) Nov '16 nooname 2
News In extraordinary overreach, Trump team says he ... Nov '16 Walkin Boss 1

Basking Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Basking Ridge Mortgages