Family, school mourn Long Hill teen

Family, school mourn Long Hill teen

There are 36 comments on the Daily Record story from Nov 18, 2005, titled Family, school mourn Long Hill teen. In it, Daily Record reports that:

Bernard Jaworski pulled a stack of photos of his daughter, Melissa Shoji, from his wallet on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Julie

Bernardsville, NJ

#1 Jan 27, 2006
I'm sorry that the family is experiencing so much pain. There is notthing that anyone can ever do to replace the lost of a loved one. But in my personal experience, the bus driving company should require that the driver has a certain test that they need to pass. 75 years old, may be too old to be having such a big responsiblity, after all not only the safe of the people within the bus are in his hands, as well as local people. For example Melissa. This shouldn't have happened, and it's sad that something like this has to occur for someone to make a stand , and change the restrictions of their drivers. I also believe he should be charged with charges. How is it that police officers can charge people with speeding tickets and others less harmful then this one. But are basically just allowing him to live freely while a family has lost a loved one. If he wasn't aware of what had happened it doesn't necessarly mean he should just be allowed to roam free. He did something that caused someone's death, he should pay the price for his mistakes.
RazorsEdge

Gatineau, Canada

#2 Jan 30, 2006
It's hard to blame a guy for making a mistake, even if it costs the life of a child. As a parent of a child who attends the Millington School, I can sympathize with the parents. But to charge him with manslaughter or some other crime doesn't change anything.

We need to qualify these drivers yearly, I agree with that. Not only in daylight but at night if they are going to drive in the dark. Too many seniors lose the ability to drive at night. It's time the people demanded testing.
LAuren

Saint-jean, Canada

#3 Jan 30, 2006
This is good i like it!!
Sarah

Saint-jean, Canada

#4 Jan 30, 2006
I think it is really bad that they didn't do that. It is really hard to belive!!!
faith

Moorestown, NJ

#5 Feb 7, 2006
i miss her.. it wasnt ment to be.. i no it... i no if she would come back everything would be happy again. so much has been different and i hate it. my heart has never been broken in such a way i can explain. i mean im only 13 years old and i have to go throught this. theres not once i dont think of her about 10 times a day. i feel like everyone has moved on and no one cares anymore, liek all the teachers besides one. Like they dont understand what us girls have to put through on top of all this. When i see their family i cry because i cant imagine how they feel..and when i think its way to much for me. they dont deserve it they are such great people. i pray everynight for them..especially Olivia her younger sister and for my best friend melissa victoria shoji.

"only god takes the best.. and only the good die young"

R.I.P
faith

Moorestown, NJ

#6 Feb 7, 2006
and i live in long hill.. not bernardsville
Sarah

Saint-jean, Canada

#7 Feb 11, 2006
i misss her so much
brittany

Plainfield, NJ

#8 Feb 16, 2006
I miss melissa so much... seeing my sister and her friends is so hard because you know that there still thinking of her. I can see her eyes drifting off and i know who she is thinking about, her best friend, remebering every moment they soent together, every joke, every smile, every fight, etc. Its hard to see her family even though its been 3 months I still cant get over it ... sometimes i really do feel like people have forgotten or maybe they are just to scared to say something, but all i know is that I dont see her riding up to my house anymore and knocking on my basement window... and it hurts
because the tears juss fall uncontrolably down my cheek.

i miss you melissa and so does your family
meghan

Moorestown, NJ

#9 Feb 20, 2006
i know i wasnt best friends with melissa, but i miss her so much, she was in so many of my classes and its uunnbearable, i miss talking to her, i miss her smile her face everything about her, i can only imagine what her best friends and her family are going through and i try and comfort them as much as possible but i know that no one could ever replace Melissa, she was and still is such a great and beautiful girl and will always be in our hearts forever and ever, no one will ever replace her and the memories will keep us going on<3

RIP my guardian angel<3
amanda

Newark, NJ

#10 Feb 21, 2006
melissa was such a beautiful girl. it wasnt suppose to end this way. we all miss her so much.

RIP
your an angel.
your my angel.

p.s. keep everyone laughing up there like you did down here.
Ashley

Terrebonne, Canada

#11 Mar 29, 2006
This is hard because i have to sit there, everyday, thinking about her, but i have no one to talk to because i started going to a new school, and they don't get what it's like to lose a friend. Me and Melissa weren't best friends, but we did share a few lifes.... we were more like, aquantences. But everytime i think about going up to long hill to visit my friends, i don't want to because i start feeling sad, and it hurts. like, today, mybest friend anthony, out of no where, started asking questions about Melissa. It was hard to answer, and then the period after, i almost cried because i had a flashback of the night i got the call telling me the news. i miss her, and she DID NOT diserve this. She was so beautiful, and funny, and no one had a problem with her....

RIP Melissa Victoria Shoji
Missed by EVERYONE forgotten by NO ONE
jenn

Gatineau, Canada

#12 Apr 1, 2006
not a day goes by that i don't see her face at the corner. as a teenager speaking i have been through many deaths. this kind innocent girl i sat with at lunch. i never spoke but i would always laugh inside when she made jokes. when i didnt know where else to sit at lunch i felt it was ok to sit with her and the two other girls at the table. a radiant smile that will live on forever in all our hearts. i miss you terribly. i wasnt a good friend but i've been through to much not to be devestated by this horrible tragidy. melissa i miss you so muh.
god broke our hearts to prove to us he only takes the best.
a student

Richelieu, Canada

#13 Apr 23, 2006
Melissa i miss you beyond belief. i will never forget you.<3
central student

Stewartsville, NJ

#14 Apr 30, 2006
what hurts the most was that we all knew melissa since we were in like first grade. melissa was a great girl and will always be remembered. Its not fair you had to leave us. The day we all found out you died had broken evryones heart. Even people who hadn't known you well could remember seeing you in the hall or meeting you at some point. We will never be the same without you. we miss you melissa.
central student

Stewartsville, NJ

#15 Apr 30, 2006
maple wood? i dont live in maple wood!
Ashley

Terrebonne, Canada

#16 May 3, 2006
Wow... a lot of people i know have died... my friends Kerry's dad died yesterday... I just hope that he's safe in heaven with melissa... i miss her so much
Meghan

United States

#17 May 5, 2006
i miss melissa so much, even still when is has been so long. i miss everything about her. especially in the school. i miss her being in classes. and everyone does. they always make small comments about things they miss about her and its so sad. i miss her smile and her laugh and how she screamed to her friends all the way down the hallway. everything about melissa was amazing. no one noticed until she wasnt there anymore. you never know what you have until its gone. and thats so true in this position. i knew i wasnt best friends with her but it still hurts. and i do miss her. so much. and i try and make her friends feel better, but she will always in be in their hearts and in mine. she will never be forgotten. she will always be rememebered, and memories will keep us holding on. <3 we love you melissa.
Meghan

United States

#18 May 5, 2006
i'm not from perth amboy, never even heard of that. try more like gillette, nj. </3melissaaa. come back.
nicole

United States

#19 May 5, 2006
i miss you so much melissa.. i will alwayts rember those little things and every monet we spent together. were going to be in highschool and our summmer is close to begiing. where going to boston soon and .. i rember we were going to be in a room together. i cant belive your not in my life anymore..it is like not real to me. alomot every day and every friday espically we go to your house melissa. we sit with your mom and we talk to olivia aka LEEVITTOOO hahaha so many good times melissa. no one can ever replace such a best friend like you. i mean sometimes if feels no one cares anymore .. but your 6 friends of us doo.. and natalie, meghan, and christine are there for us and there are like us now. we all are a pack now. and we all miss you so much.
i will never forget you..
when im alone and i stare.. im always thinking of you.
imisss you<3
in my heat foreverrrr
please come home=[

im from longhill not whereever this thing says.. love ya melissa
aka- nichee ---nicolee
meghan m

United States

#20 May 5, 2006
omg melissa i miss you so much... not a day goes by where ur names doesnt cross my mind. why did something like this have to happen to you. we always said that we were going to have so much fun in the summer '06 and in highschool,you had such a great life ahead of you why did you have to leave at 13, i never thought in my life that one of my best friends would die at this age espically a great friend liek melissa. i miss not hearing you say "MEG" every second and i miss not hearing your laugh that was contageous. i always think you had your last laugh,smile,wink,drink,food,sn ap,sleep,and everything but the thing that will never be the last is the memoires that we had together while you were here there were so many great times we had together and i will never forget them because they are somethign to treasure for the rest of my life...melissai love and i miss you so much, i cant wait to see you and you beautiful smile again..
i love you so much!!!!!!
miss you melissa =[
meghan marchese<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Basking Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Naked Handyman Mon Stubhoy72 1
Hi Mon Stubhoy72 2
Over 40 Mon Stubhoy72 3
20 year old male looking for fun with male or f... Feb 3 Hunter5443 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Parlin, NJ (Jan '12) Jan 26 Mary 15
Erica Layman Amato Jan '16 Paul Blazer 1
lift exchange Dec '15 Sfy1972 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Basking Ridge Mortgages