Lilly Ann Pauley; Pauley says she tur...

Lilly Ann Pauley; Pauley says she turned the Harvey Killers into police but never got the reward ...

There are 120 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 22, 2010, titled Lilly Ann Pauley; Pauley says she turned the Harvey Killers into police but never got the reward .... In it, WTVR reports that:

Nearly five years after the brutal New Year's day murders of both the Harvey and Baskerville-Tucker families, the names Ricky Gray and Ray Dandridge send chills up the spines of some Richmonders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Since: Jul 10

Glen Allen, VA

#22 Oct 22, 2010
Jaekwon Tibbs wrote:
Yall know if she would been white she would of got all that. It messed up how they played her out like that. That why I dont mess with the jakes cuz they always bout they dirt.
Tell us, your family left you a lot of money before you quit 4th grade.
Abby

Richmond, VA

#24 Oct 23, 2010
little me wrote:
The fact the police and Crimestoppers/Crimesolvers are not standing up to their word doesn't seem to bother any of you? True the claim of the house and job is farfetched, but the police can legally lie to anyone to make their case. Y'all need to remember that when it comes time for you to do your civic duty or you find yourself on the other end of the law. If there was a reward, it should be paid. This is why people don't get involved.
Little me, I seriously doubt this woman was promised a thing. She's probably in a financial bind and looking for the winning ticket. For goodness sake, she had these guys hanging in her house. Trash. She should be absolutely ashamed of herself.
Michael A

Petersburg, VA

#25 Oct 23, 2010
What ever happened to doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing and not expecting something for it? To quote Chris Rock,"'I take care of my kids.' You're supposed to! What do you want, a cookie?"
Mort

Powhatan, VA

#27 Oct 23, 2010
little me wrote:
The fact the police and Crimestoppers/Crimesolvers are not standing up to their word doesn't seem to bother any of you? True the claim of the house and job is farfetched, but the police can legally lie to anyone to make their case. Y'all need to remember that when it comes time for you to do your civic duty or you find yourself on the other end of the law. If there was a reward, it should be paid. This is why people don't get involved.
I can't believe people think its OK for the police to lie.this does'nt build trust.like the post office guy.40 yrs. he listened to reason and still got screwed.if police don't start holding their end its gets worse not better.its bad when you can't call the police because you don't know what will happen.trust is the only way to build a relationship.teach it at the academy.
Jeff

Richmond, VA

#28 Oct 23, 2010
Give her the $6,000 reward, a house in Windsor Farms and a job. She deserves it. Oh, by the way, I held a door open for a lady the other day. I would like a new car!
msboopva

Highland Springs, VA

#30 Oct 23, 2010
So here is my big question: why was she harboring these murdering bastards to begin with? She had them in her house????? Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture???? How did she know these creeps? Would she have been so quick to turn on her buddies if she didn't think she might get something in return. Maybe one day she will have to go through what those families had to, and let's see if someone harbors her murderers. At any point, she and her family could have left the house and called the police, but she didn't because she wanted something in return. How is she connected to the murderers and how involved is she herself? Something is definitely not kosher here. She should have been charged with obstruction and harboring wanted criminals.
pinot2010

Richmond, VA

#31 Oct 23, 2010
She lucky to be alive to tell this story after harboring KILLERS. How do you have people in your house you don't REALLY know? And now she wants a reward? Hmmm...SHADY,SHADY,SHADY.
Snicker

Birmingham, AL

#32 Oct 23, 2010
Quagmire wrote:
Perhaps she can live with Obama's aunt in Boston, who has the same "entitlement" mentality, and is living "high on the hog" at whitey's expense.
You mean obummers ILLEGAL "untee" that is living the good life thanks to the taxpayers.
By David Cooper

Richmond, VA

#33 Oct 23, 2010
You people are absolutely ridiculous with all your absurd assumptions. Was any of you there? Everyone else involved has had there say,now its her turn. Most of you are nothing more than racist bigets with a decease in your heart. Shut the hell up until you've heard all of the facts!And by the way, my name is David Cooper! Nameless cowards.
sid

Midlothian, VA

#35 Oct 23, 2010
She is lucky she is not in prison.She knew something wasnt right?Richmond should rename itself the handout city.Lady get a job and by your own house and car.Thanks though for turning them in,wink,wink
Snicker

Birmingham, AL

#36 Oct 23, 2010
OK, who comes home to two men you don't know, and allows them to stay there for 6 days? She said they were acting "scared" and she even wondered if they were the murderers-but still didn't call anyone. Calling BS on her story and agreeing with the ones that say she's lucky her a** isn't in jail. Sure sounds like she should be, and also agreeing to the ones asking why people have to be rewarded for doing the right thing.
Cynthia Pickering

Richmond, VA

#37 Oct 23, 2010
If the records show there was a reward posted then certainly Ms Pauley is entitled to it. I think this seriously needs to be looked into. If not for her, who knows what may have happened next!
Glen Allen

Powhatan, VA

#38 Oct 23, 2010
By David Cooper wrote:
You people are absolutely ridiculous with all your absurd assumptions. Was any of you there? Everyone else involved has had there say,now its her turn. Most of you are nothing more than racist bigets with a decease in your heart. Shut the hell up until you've heard all of the facts!And by the way, my name is David Cooper! Nameless cowards.
----------
David, please go back to school, you are certainly not helping your cause, in fact you are le nding credence to the common perception.
Glen Allen

Powhatan, VA

#39 Oct 23, 2010
The family told police they at the two as guests and they left for Philadelphia, big deal, Philadelphia is a big place, and we do not know that the police were not already looking for them there from other tips, or charge cards, etc.
Why did they wait for the pair to leave their home before notifying the police (or anyone for that matter), that they were there?
RUKiddingMe

Richmond, VA

#40 Oct 23, 2010
RPD had no idea who did this or where they could find these fools. Had she not provided the information, Gray and Dandridge would have terrorized Richmond even longer just like the Briley Brothers. In the Briley case, even the Commonwealth's Attorney keeps asking for parole for the brother who testified on his own blood.

How come the police won't give this lady the reward? That's the whole purpose of offering rewards is to entice folks to do the right thing. Failure to live up to this agreement will place a chilling effect on future folks willing to come forward.

It is all easy for us to play Monday morning quarterback as we all live in our nice neighborhood (yes, I admit I live in a nice neighborhood with no crime), but getting folks to cooperate in Richmond has been a problem for years.

Bottom line, if law enforcement made a promise, they should keep it.
Glen Allen

Powhatan, VA

#41 Oct 23, 2010
RUKiddingMe wrote:
RPD had no idea who did this or where they could find these fools. Had she not provided the information, Gray and Dandridge would have terrorized Richmond even longer just like the Briley Brothers. In the Briley case, even the Commonwealth's Attorney keeps asking for parole for the brother who testified on his own blood.
How come the police won't give this lady the reward? That's the whole purpose of offering rewards is to entice folks to do the right thing. Failure to live up to this agreement will place a chilling effect on future folks willing to come forward.
It is all easy for us to play Monday morning quarterback as we all live in our nice neighborhood (yes, I admit I live in a nice neighborhood with no crime), but getting folks to cooperate in Richmond has been a problem for years.
----------
If they made a promise it would have been in writing. And again, we are only hearing her side, how do we know the police did not already know where these two buffoons were?
And why did she wait over 6 days?
udonodon

Harrisonburg, VA

#42 Oct 23, 2010
Maybe someone else actually gave real (specific) info that led to their capture - rather than "Philadelphia". Heck. I should have called in and told the police that they were in the US, then I could have claimed my $6000, house, car and job...

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#43 Oct 23, 2010
Quagmire wrote:
Perhaps she can live with Obama's aunt in Boston, who has the same "entitlement" mentality, and is living "high on the hog" at whitey's expense.
Yep and his auntie ain't the only thing the idiot-in-chief be laffin at us about.
Future Anchor

Austell, GA

#44 Oct 23, 2010
RUKiddingMe wrote:
I couldn't agree more!
If I was in Ms. Pauley's position, I would have done the same thing.... wait till the guys leave to call police. If she hadn't, both her and her daughter could have been victims 8 and 9. I'm glad she's still alive to tell her story.
Her story in Style Weekly this week explains more details than Sandra Jones' 2 minute news piece. Truly compelling.
I have nothing but respect for Ms. Pauley - if it wasn't for her tip to the police the killers could still be on the run....... even if she did wait 6 days. She was only looking out for her family's safety.
I'm disappointed she hasn't been compensated for her valuable information.
Glen Allen

Powhatan, VA

#45 Oct 23, 2010
Future Anchor wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more!
If I was in Ms. Pauley's position, I would have done the same thing.... wait till the guys leave to call police. If she hadn't, both her and her daughter could have been victims 8 and 9. I'm glad she's still alive to tell her story.
Her story in Style Weekly this week explains more details than Sandra Jones' 2 minute news piece. Truly compelling.
I have nothing but respect for Ms. Pauley - if it wasn't for her tip to the police the killers could still be on the run....... even if she did wait 6 days. She was only looking out for her family's safety.
I'm disappointed she hasn't been compensated for her valuable information.
----------
Thanks for telling us about the article in Style, as you said, it does tell quite a bit more information.
The article leads me to believe that it was in Pauley's best interest TO tell the police what she knew because the killers said they would be back, but even if they did not say they would be back, Pauley knew that the killers knew she was aware of what they had done, so it was likely that they would come back and kill her just so she would not talk.
With regard to the $6,000, the police probably spent that much on the family keeping them in protection while they caught the killers.
It is quite obvious that Pauley and her family are not the sharpest knives in the drawer (excuse the pun), but surely they did not really think they would get a house, a car, and jobs out of the deal?
I wish her son good luck with his book, but didn't Style pretty much just tell the whole story? I also do not think someone with a sixth grade education is actually going to write a decent novel, but, good luck with that, and it is better than what he was doing before he went to prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baskerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where do i go to get a free background check? (Nov '13) Mar 30 Lynn 4
TV Service (Jan '16) Jun '16 bulk 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Virginia (... (Oct '10) May '12 blah 136
News Picking peaches trip planned Bowling, anyone? C... (May '11) May '11 lisa 1
News Possible Jury Misconduct could Lead a Judge to ... (Sep '10) Apr '11 Desnyder 5
News Woman named in attempted murder case (Dec '06) Dec '06 Kenbrige Native 1

Baskerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baskerville Mortgages