First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jay girl

United States

#42 Feb 5, 2013
You actually think I disagree with your thesis? You are preaching to the choir! And just because someone isn't preaching lengthy sermons on her thoughts does not therefore, mean she is less educated than you. It would behoove you to keep education in your pocket unless you are quite sure you are not postulating to someone who has, say, a Phd. in British literature? Or some shit lik dat!!!!!
Trash MoFos

Eunice, LA

#43 Feb 5, 2013
Well said "Original Poster"! However, having stated that, I am afraid that you are preaching to the peanut gallery. Some people are more concerned with the shenanigans of the Kardashians, or of Honey Boo Boo, than they are of making themselves more marketable to potential employers. This is just the way of the 21st century USA. As our collective IQ declines, the griping and moaning and bitching of the population rises disproportionately.

This has become even more evident with the results of the last 2 presidential elections.

I'm out. Later.
Trash MoFos

Eunice, LA

#44 Feb 5, 2013
Jay girl, what SEH class are you a member of?
embers skyline

Glenmora, LA

#45 Feb 5, 2013
Jay girl wrote:
You actually think I disagree with your thesis? You are preaching to the choir! And just because someone isn't preaching lengthy sermons on her thoughts does not therefore, mean she is less educated than you. It would behoove you to keep education in your pocket unless you are quite sure you are not postulating to someone who has, say, a Phd. in British literature? Or some shit lik dat!!!!!
Your puny attempt to fire back at a legible and well articulated "thesis" is so entertaining. Would you happen to be a fresh-faced LSUE freshmen who suddenly has learned a bank of large words that you are just itching to use somewhere...anywhere? "Postulating"....... really... that one made me chuckle.
embers skyline

Glenmora, LA

#46 Feb 5, 2013
I see in the topic about "Eunice Lupus People" that you used to be a doctor, Jaygirl.
Original Poster

Breaux Bridge, LA

#47 Feb 6, 2013
Trash MoFos wrote:
Well said "Original Poster"! However, having stated that, I am afraid that you are preaching to the peanut gallery. Some people are more concerned with the shenanigans of the Kardashians, or of Honey Boo Boo, than they are of making themselves more marketable to potential employers. This is just the way of the 21st century USA. As our collective IQ declines, the griping and moaning and bitching of the population rises disproportionately.
This has become even more evident with the results of the last 2 presidential elections.
I'm out. Later.
Well... sad, but true, I suppose. This is where society, slowly but surely, turns into Idiocracy. Which, by the way, I would highly recommend everyone watch.

It's truly amazing how evasive the populace is when it comes to knowledge that may be a little beyond their comfort zone or understanding. Pride is it?“I don’t know [that], and here I am, still alive, getting a dollar (not or barely earning it), getting what I am “entitled” to, so knowing [that], researching [that] is arbitrary riff-raff, unnecessary, and only exists to degrade me and my satisfaction with being smart enough to work the machine, but too dumb to realize that I’m only coasting (if that) and have potential for so much more.”

What people fail to realize is that there is no shame in being ignorant –“Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.” There is or should be shame in satisfaction of ignorance. I suppose you can’t fix stupid, especially when stupid sees nothing broken that requires mending in the first place.

Since: Dec 12

United States

#48 Feb 6, 2013
Just so you all are aware, I am by far the smartest human being on earth!!! Just trying to soften things up on this forum. HeeHee:)
Jay girl

United States

#49 Feb 6, 2013
My point is not to disagree. It is to question why? Why the exercise in futility? For fourth generation welfare recipients who neither know or care what the English language is.. Or was.
Give it up, man.
Trash MoFos

Hammond, LA

#50 Feb 6, 2013
Jay girl wrote:
My point is not to disagree. It is to question why? Why the exercise in futility? For fourth generation welfare recipients who neither know or care what the English language is.. Or was.
Give it up, man.
did you read my question to you above? Inquiring minds want to know ;)
Original Poster

Breaux Bridge, LA

#51 Feb 7, 2013
Jay girl wrote:
Give it up, man.
So your disposition is that an endeavor that requires any degree of effort is an exercise in futility? I see that you claim to be a doctor… I suppose going to school and acquiring your Ph.D.(assuming B.S. isn’t flowing abundantly from your fingers dancing across your keyboard) was a piece of cake and no effort was required of you? I suppose that patient education wasn’t part of your practice either, having lupus patients that required instruction in preforming ADL’s during a flare up, or needed you to educate them on certain foods, environments, medicines, chemicals to avoid and when to avoid them to lessen or avoid a flare up. That all must have been an exercise in futility considering some patients need constant education and reminding before they finally “get it” and stop shooting themselves in the preverbal lupus foot?
So…What you are saying is that because the world is always going to have those that cannot… ahem… excuse me… choose not to do for themselves when its well within their capacity to, that it is an exercise in futility to try and weed out those who are just improperly educated, maybe having grown up in an environment that displayed the aforementioned affinities, and teach them that there they are capable of so much better than what they are accustomed to?
I understand that there are going to be people that just simply don’t give a damn no matter what you do. Who’s to say that the son or daughter of that don’t-give-a-damner grew up in that kind of environment and has, through nurture, adopted these terrible habits only to be one good lesson, one well demonstrated reason why the strive for something better is so very worth it???
I disagree with your “lay down and die” attitude and have a problem with a doctor of any sort that has any kind of influence of any kind displaying this type of disposition.
embers skyline

Ragley, LA

#52 Feb 7, 2013
Good job saying you where a doctor Jaygirl, that was just hilarious. "When I used to be a doctor". HAHA. If you were a doctor would you not have the mindset once a doctor always a doctor? Of course you did not go to medical school for twelve years just to say you used to be a doctor. Were you a medschool drop out, maybe?
ex-rez

Webster, NC

#53 Feb 7, 2013
You're going to have to just accept that the majority of the population is ignorant and programmed. You might also want to recognize that you're in Louisiana.. and Eunice of all towns..If you're searching for higher intellect and the correct use of language in communications, you're in the wrong part of this country OP. Did you know Louisiana is in the top five states with the most STD's?
Original Poster

Breaux Bridge, LA

#54 Feb 8, 2013
I wasn't aware about the STD part.

But yes, I understand that the point is almost moot considering location, BUT, like I said, some of these people haven't even been exposed to anything other than the garbage they've been force fed all of their lives..

The sad part is, in my opinion, that there has been a "hopless" shadow cast and people have adopted a give up and don't give a damn attitude about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Basile Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
notre dame of acadia parish acquires top linema... (Feb '16) 3 hr Gent 104
Steriod Use (Jul '11) 6 hr Not impressed 20
Wife swap or husband swap 22 hr Goldielocks 2
danny richard 22 hr brent 1
Eunice Police Sun Mr Reeves 10
Baby nursery (Acadian medical center) Sun Dad 1
Snack shack (Jan '16) Sun Troy Fontenot 18

Basile Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance