Sophie House Linwood KS

Posted in the Basehor Forum

TJH

Kansas City, KS

#1 Jun 27, 2013
I was traveling to Linwood KS, took a wrong turn and ended up in front of an old mansion called "Sophie House" I can not find any info on this home. Anyone have any idea who or what it is? THANKS
Elescia

Avondale, AZ

#2 Jul 19, 2013
Yeah it's sad that it's very haunted and weird things happen there. Like the stairs that are burned perfectly down one side, or the fact that your car breaks down at night. I for sure wouldn't mess with that house.
Anna

Lawrence, KS

#3 Sep 12, 2013
That house is absolutely stunning and the source of so many rumors and ghost stories, I know an old couple lives, there and once a month (knowing from delivering the KC Star to the people in the residence) the strong odor of bleach comes wafting down the hill, almost as if they are cleaning something that was very messy and needed to be hidden. I want so badly, and one day hope to own this house. It is amazing architecture work.
jan

Kansas City, KS

#4 Nov 25, 2013
People like to say that it is very haunted.. many teens go there at night to see if it is haunted, but There is 2 older people living in the house.
James

Kansas City, KS

#5 Nov 25, 2013
This place is haunted by very dangourous demons. I sugest to avoid it
andrew

United States

#6 Dec 3, 2013
I grew up near the Sophie house and always heard the storys me and my friends made many trips to the house at night and also to the grave yard next to the Sophie house
Lori

United States

#7 Dec 28, 2013
Why is it named Sophie
House? Is it just a residence? Lots of eagles fly around that part. Of the river and I stumbled upon it. No info online about it,
Kiwark

United States

#8 Apr 6, 2014
Yes, but can anyone share the history of the house? Who built it, why, when it was abandoned?
Katie

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2014
I actually used to clean this house! It is not abandoned it's owned by Peter and Ann Thompson. It is extremely haunted I can tell you from experience! I went upstairs one day to make the beds and vaccuum, when I heard the piano start to play! I immediately went downstairs and no one was there, I then heard a loud bang from upstairs where I then went back up to find both beds unmade when I had just made them! Ever since I have had a strange presence that has followed me! I will never step foot in that place again!
matthews

Lenexa, KS

#10 Sep 19, 2014
If the Sophie house is haunted those are some lucky ghosts I mean right next to a grave yard on a DEAD end street over looking the river.But in the world of the living its still the most breath taking work of art I have seen and living 5 mins away from it I drive stop take pictures of it all the time and if it is haunted I would share it with any spiritual entitys there.
Dave

United States

#11 Oct 13, 2014
The Sophie House was built in the late 80's or early 90's by the Thompson's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Basehor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ixtapa Mexican Cuisine to celebrate 10th annive... Jan 19 Gerald Vonberger 1
ronnie hicks half now half later is a thief ste... Jan 4 zipper123 1
Are Kansas City, KS schools ghetto? Aug '14 orio 1
Fatal wreck causes father to seek changes in Ka... (Sep '07) Jul '14 Ken 6
KGA Senior Series finishes the regular season a... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Anonymous 1
Local man authors sixth book, first Novel. (Jul '12) Jul '12 Clay Kahler 1
Debate: Health Care - Basehor, KS (Oct '09) Jun '12 R lew 2
Basehor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Basehor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?