400 dress as Jesus to put Christ back...

400 dress as Jesus to put Christ back in Christmas

There are 6052 comments on the hosted.ap.org story from Dec 24, 2008, titled 400 dress as Jesus to put Christ back in Christmas. In it, hosted.ap.org reports that:

Dressed in flowing robes and thorny crowns, about 400 churchgoers promised their pastor they'd dress like Jesus as a hard-to-miss reminder of the holiday's religious roots.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at hosted.ap.org.

First Prev
of 303
Next Last

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#6198 Dec 17, 2011
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>If He cannot say that, than you cannot say that Heaven empirically exists. If anything is possible, what are the chances that Jesus Christ is not the true Son of God, but a man claiming to be? If anything is possible, what are the chances that Mary wasn't a virgin when Jesus was conceived, but instead fooled around behind Joseph's back. If anything is possible, then you cannot empirically state that Heaven DOES exist. Again, anything is possible.
a person who TRULY researches the scriptures
TRULY seeks GOD in earnest and tests the scriptures KNOWS the chances are EXCELLENT.....

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#6199 Dec 17, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry but you are proven wrong again.
no goat herders....
Luke was a PHYSICAN
Matthew was a TAX COLLECTOR
Thomas was a CARPENTER
PETER was a FISHERMAN
Paul was a MISSIONARY and APOSTLE
TIMOTHY was a TEACHER
no goat herders....
Ah yes, they were the equivalents of Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Thomas Edison. You are living in your own Twilight Zone, dearie. All you do is perpetuate your personal fantasies. They were simple minded goat herders. Who told you otherwise, Seth?

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#6200 Dec 17, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
a person who TRULY researches the scriptures
TRULY seeks GOD in earnest and tests the scriptures KNOWS the chances are EXCELLENT.....
I continue to wonder why we are at opposite ends of the "pole". What makes you so fervently belive in the christ, and when I think the christ is either a pile of ashes, or never existed. What make you so fervently believe in a text that is now many thousand s of years old, that "your god" never took the time to update.!!!

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#6201 Dec 19, 2011
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, they were the equivalents of Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Thomas Edison. You are living in your own Twilight Zone, dearie. All you do is perpetuate your personal fantasies. They were simple minded goat herders. Who told you otherwise, Seth?
where do you get your 'information'? cause the bible tells you what they were.

so if you are calling the goat herders and the bible tells you differently, then i hope you know that the bible is far more trust worthy than what YOU think.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#6202 Dec 19, 2011
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
I continue to wonder why we are at opposite ends of the "pole". What makes you so fervently belive in the christ, and when I think the christ is either a pile of ashes, or never existed. What make you so fervently believe in a text that is now many thousand s of years old, that "your god" never took the time to update.!!!
sounds to me as if you are not just biblically ignorant.

the bible is the past, present and the future.

God's update is yet to be fulfilled.

read the bible sometime.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#6203 Dec 19, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds to me as if you are not just biblically ignorant.
the bible is the past, present and the future.
God's update is yet to be fulfilled.
read the bible sometime.
Yes, imagination is great. We can make up lies at will and cannot be dis-proven. "A talking goldfish just hopped out of my bible and landed on my knee. We carried on quite a conversation for 10 or so minutes."

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#6204 Dec 24, 2011
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, imagination is great. We can make up lies at will and cannot be dis-proven. "A talking goldfish just hopped out of my bible and landed on my knee. We carried on quite a conversation for 10 or so minutes."
if you ever wish to REALLY get to the truth.....seek God.
His word is infallable.
and i garentee you if you apply it to your life it WILl work.

Merry Christmas.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#6205 Dec 24, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
if you ever wish to REALLY get to the truth.....seek God.
His word is infallable.
and i garentee you if you apply it to your life it WILl work.
Merry Christmas.
And to you: Happy Festivus!(though I am a day late)
Say What

AOL

#6206 Apr 30, 2012
But Jesus (Y'shuah bar Yosef) wasn't a Christian- he was Jewish; and he wasn't born in December, but in April; it would have been better if they had dressed up at the 3 magii (but wait, they didn't get to Jesus until January 6 (Epiphany)! Oh, dear, what a quandary!

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#6208 Nov 23, 2013
kaitouinu88 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one who holds your tomorrow, the only one who determines your future, is you. You, and only you.
Everything that breathes: humans, animals, plants, are not owned by anyone. They all have the right to make their own decisions.
Humans choose their own path, and only three things are predetermined in life: life, death, and emotions.
Fascinating post. You are absolutely right.:D
totally agree

Kansas City, MO

#6209 Nov 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
I wish they would keep Christmas in the church...get it out of our collective consciousness so I don't have to hear another "Merry Christmas." I'm not a Christian so I don't celebrate it as I'm not a Jew and don't celebrate Hanukkah, and I'm not a muslim and don't observe Ramadan.
If you want to buy gifts and celebrate this time of year, then don't wrap it in a religious holiday...invent a new one like Winterfest or something like that.
This is a secular holiday in need of a new name.
Stop lying to your kids about Santa...it makes you look stupid when you tell them it's wrong to lie. Tell them up-front that it is a fairy-tale and not real. Imagination is one thing. You are stating that you are imagining something...you are not doing this with Santa...you are telling your kids he is REAL.
It is hard to recondition a BRAIN WASHED MIND. Jesus wasn't even born in the month of December. It all is a myth. Case in point, had my parents raised me to worship a big rock as something Holy then after years upon years of worshiping that Holy Rock that would be my belief, my religion and I would even declare war to defend it against others that I considered to be a non-believer in my Holy Rock. I agree with what you said and lastly, the meanest comments you will get will come from those church going Sunday Christians that refuse to look in a mirror and see the truth of who and more importantly WHAT they are...HYPOCRITES!!!

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#6210 Nov 25, 2013
Indeed. Looks like this thread has opened back up for business. :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 303
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Basehor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicken Plant Thu Jersey Steer 5
Local family pretty cool deal! Sep 1 KCFAN09 1
(O, X)Y and other opiates (Nov '16) Aug 31 Blah 4
Harvard Maintenance Job Fair Aug '17 Harvardmaint 1
Courts Aug '17 Aguayo 1
Home health care/office worker needed Jul '17 KC Resident 1
Skip the 'retreat' properties in KC, cult is ta... Jun '17 horriblemistake 1

Basehor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance