Is there a PUBLIC BASKETBALL court in Quitman GA

Posted in the Barwick Forum

kiddBBall

Ford City, PA

#1 Jun 15, 2012
im new to the area and i love to play basketball. i kept searching for a public standard-sized basketball court and i found none. i saw one near the tennis courts but that's not a standard basketball court. The hoop height and court length is not enough and no proper markings like 3 point line or free throw line. i pity those kids who want to play out there five on five and try to develop and hone their skills but just couldn't because its not standard. i think i saw 2 gyms but are closed so you are left to play out there on that dilapidated basketball court and eat gnats while you play.
bBall

Columbus, GA

#2 Jun 15, 2012
Do you normally begin with bashing when you move to a new area and want something? Judging by the other recent posts, I would lean more toward you being a part of the "I hate Mr. Rose group" and are simply beating a dead horse.

If not, I would suggest asking a city official and give them the chance to answer you question or address your concern before slandering the town you "now live in".

I know it's hard folks, but get from behind your computers, get out and make MAKE something happen if you are not happy with the way things are.
kiddBBall

Ford City, PA

#3 Jun 15, 2012
bBall wrote:
Do you normally begin with bashing when you move to a new area and want something? Judging by the other recent posts, I would lean more toward you being a part of the "I hate Mr. Rose group" and are simply beating a dead horse.
If not, I would suggest asking a city official and give them the chance to answer you question or address your concern before slandering the town you "now live in".
I know it's hard folks, but get from behind your computers, get out and make MAKE something happen if you are not happy with the way things are.
was i bashing? is there any part on my statement sounded like im bashing or talking bad or trash or bad-mouthing the city of quitman? or maybe because its ingrained in your system to read-and-hate .. all im saying is that the public basketball court here in quitman is not standard by any means and there are basketball courts/gyms but are not accessible. thats just what i said. period. im new and i dont have any political motives of any nature against Rose whoever might that person be. its just a basketball thing man. geez lighten up...
kiddBBall

Ford City, PA

#4 Jun 15, 2012
this angry dude tries to stir something out of nothing lol. all i said was is there a regular standard public basketball court here in quitman. that is it. and basing on my search around town there is one but its not standard.kids cant play right if you dont have the proper regulations on 3 point lines, free throw lines etc and this dude bBall try to stir and some political stuff into it. he needs a prozac.
i asked a simple question just like what the title says and this dude carries over his political anger on a simple question...wow
bBall

Sarasota, FL

#5 Jun 17, 2012
"i think i saw 2 gyms but are closed so you are left to play out there on that dilapidated basketball court and eat gnats while you play."

I obviously hit the nail on the head since you found the need to post twice to defend your original post.

"all i said was is there a regular standard public basketball court here in quitman. that is it. and basing on my search around town there is one but its not standard.kids cant play right if you dont have the proper regulations on 3 point lines, free throw lines"

Again, go ask the Parks and recreation board. All you will find here are "read-and-haters".
beastie

Moultrie, GA

#6 Jul 20, 2012
yeah man, we need a covered public basketball court. the one on the park is not standard . wish we can convert one of those tennis courts for a basketball court too. nobody's playing over there and i see young kids all the time playing basketball in that small basketball court and i see when they play 5 on 5 , the court is too small and it gets crowded easily
baller too

Adel, GA

#7 Aug 19, 2012
beastie wrote:
yeah man, we need a covered public basketball court. the one on the park is not standard . wish we can convert one of those tennis courts for a basketball court too. nobody's playing over there and i see young kids all the time playing basketball in that small basketball court and i see when they play 5 on 5 , the court is too small and it gets crowded easily
Its a pity. No one cares about it.lets do drugs instead
game on

Ambrose, GA

#8 Sep 7, 2012
Wooooww no replies woooww
kiddBBall

Moultrie, GA

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Wow still waiting for some answers here....WHERE????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ACAC presents Springer Opera Theatre's Producti... May 11 Will Dockery 1
News 22 "Johns" arrested in prostitution sting (Jan '14) Apr 28 FL TAG 243 PIE 14
Couple looking to skype sex. Apr 27 tahir 2
Isn't Carl Rose doing a wonderful job? (May '11) Feb '15 Opinion that is t... 55
Willis Orchard Company ripoff (Sep '10) Jan '15 Tickler 10
News Body of Missing Man Found (Oct '14) Oct '14 Azad 1
Ashamed of the Bcso. (Sep '14) Sep '14 Returnchaffin 1
More from around the web

Barwick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]