Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
Dan the Man

Cumberland, MD

#23736 May 23, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Primaries dont mean anything......I know I didnt go out and vote...Obama is the incubment...why vote for him again in the primaries? It meant nothing! HAAAAAA!........Voter turnout for Obama was low and was low all around the country....The General election will put Obama over the top and beyond.........320 electoral votes....
Mittens cant get 270,,,,,,and no one can say why? included you!!
LOLOLOLOL!!!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
You're going to get in trouble posting your BS without Dan the BOY's approval first. You really are an idiot. LMAO
did-u-c-that

Greencastle, PA

#23737 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And ... ummmm ... you do know that MSNBC owns "Meet the Press" right?
LMAO!
And....ummmm....I believe "Meet the Press" is broadcast on NBC on Sunday mornings.
Mooseville

Cumberland, MD

#23738 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Guess which Presidential candidate is fighting for Medicare.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ccnf-TDT_-sXX
And guess which one wants to end it.
Yeah, he started with cutting 500 billion, Obamacare needed it.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23739 May 23, 2012
did-u-c-that wrote:
<quoted text>
And....ummmm....I believe "Meet the Press" is broadcast on NBC on Sunday mornings.
So NBC is okay but MSNBC is not?
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23740 May 23, 2012
Mooseville wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, he started with cutting 500 billion, Obamacare needed it.
False. That is a rightwing myth.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23741 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
More rules from the mysterious Topix Publication Stylebook.
But no LINK!!!
What the hell!! You cite this set of proper Topix formatting standards but you WON'T PROVIDE A REFERENCE??? Why not?!
In college, when I was taught APA style, my professors gave me the list of rules so I could properly format my papers. But I've looked all over for the official Topix Stylebook and it's nowhere to be found.
The psycho from Johnstown obviously has a copy - he quotes it all the time ... but he doesn't provide a LINK!!
It makes me think he's trying to pass it off all these requirements and standards as HIS OWN WORK!
You play the intentionally confused idiot so well, danny BOY.

Your ongoing feigned ignorance is willful. You try SO hard to justify your weaselly habit of stealing other people's work.

You are a plagiarist when you fail to include a source link or attribution for text you copy and paste you are a plagiarist.

Is that simple enough for you, danny BOY?
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23742 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Remember all the concerned rightwingers who believed Obama's support of gay marriage would alienate black voters?
Well, not so much...
----------
Public opinion continues to shift in favor of same-sex marriage, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, which also finds initial signs that President Obamaís support for the idea may have changed a few minds.
Overall, 53 percent of Americans say gay marriage should be legal, hitting a high mark in support while showing a dramatic turnaround from just six years ago, when just 36 percent thought it should be legal. Thirty-nine percent, a new low, say gay marriage should be illegal.
The poll also finds that 59 percent of African Americans say they support same-sex marriage, up from an average of 41 percent in polls leading up to Obamaís announcement of his new position on the matter. Though statistically significant, it is a tentative result because of the relatively small sample of black voters in the poll.
This post contains stolen text.

The poster is a plagiarist for failing to attribute its source and for presenting it as his own.

danny BOY, the plagiarist.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23743 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Autoworkers pushed to limit as many plants max out
Automakers are pushing factories and workers to the limit to try to meet burgeoning demand for new vehicles.
Some plants are adding third work shifts. Others are piling on worker overtime and six-day weeks. And Ford Motor and Chrysler Group are cutting out or reducing the annual two-week July shutdown at several plants this summer to add thousands of vehicles to their output.
Sales for 2012 are estimated at 14.3 million vehicles, according to IHS Automotive, up from 12.8 million last year.
Chrysler is adding 1,100 jobs on a third shift to ease the problem. It also just added 1,800 workers in Belvidere, Ill., to make the new Dodge Dart.
----------
All thanks to President Obama's bold leadership.
Good thing we didn't follow Romney's advice and "let them go bankrupt" huh?

The poster is a plagiarist for failing to attribute its source and for presenting it as his own.

Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23744 May 23, 2012
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
You play the intentionally confused idiot so well, danny BOY.
Your ongoing feigned ignorance is willful. You try SO hard to justify your weaselly habit of stealing other people's work.
You are a plagiarist when you fail to include a source link or attribution for text you copy and paste you are a plagiarist.
Is that simple enough for you, danny BOY?
Still no source? Shame on you.

There are various style guides for academic papers. There are also style guides for business writing. There are style guides for law and medicine and journalism. Anyone can find them online.

But where is the style guide for Topix?

Before you try to hold me to a standard, present the standard.

Where is the style guide for posting on Topix?

Present the standard.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23745 May 23, 2012
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Present the standard for citing sources on Topix!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#23747 May 23, 2012
excuse me for being a burden but......dan have you reported this post to the topix police yet ..?.. wheres your race card ..?.. this is an easy one to trump the race deck with ..!.. are you not gonna stand up to this for all of humanity ..?....?.. IS THERE NO VOICE OF REASON ..?.. LMAO @ dan the (..!..) man
Roger wrote:
Its just killing you all that we have a black man as president who is intellectually superior to your pasty asses.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23748 May 23, 2012
boxhard wrote:
excuse me for being a burden but......dan have you reported this post to the topix police yet ..?.. wheres your race card ..?.. this is an easy one to trump the race deck with ..!.. are you not gonna stand up to this for all of humanity ..?....?.. IS THERE NO VOICE OF REASON ..?.. LMAO @ dan the (..!..) man <quoted text>
Come back when you grow up. I'm not interested in trying to have a serious discussion about a serious issue with someone who doesn't have the mental or emotional capacity for it.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#23749 May 23, 2012
sorry to bother you again... hate to be burden... but why is this post acceptable and getting a chuckle over barry da pimp caroon not.

dan have you reported this post to the topix police yet ..?.. wheres your race card ..?.. are you not gonna stand up to this for all of humanity ..?....?.. IS THERE NO VOICE OF REASON ..?.. LMAO @ dan the (..!..) man
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#23750 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
False. That is a rightwing myth.

False.

That is a rightwing myth.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsak bragged that 1 in 7 Americans are now dependent on food stamps:

When you talk about the SNAP program or the food stamp program, you have to recognize that it's also an economic stimulus.

Every dollar of SNAP benefits generates $1.84 in the economy in terms of economic activity.

If people are able to buy a little more in the grocery store, someone has to stock it, package it, shelve it, process it, and ship it.

All of those are jobs.

It's the most direct stimulus you can get in the economy during these tough times.

So hereís the question.

If food stamps create jobs, like Vilsack says here, and weíre putting record numbers of Americans on food stamps, then why arenít we seeing record job creation?

If every dollar spent on food stamps creates $1.84 in production, as Vilsack argues, and the number of food stamp recipients keeps rising, then why havenít the GDP numbers reflected that fabulous growth?
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#23751 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
There are various style guides for academic papers. There are also style guides for business writing. There are style guides for law and medicine and journalism. Anyone can find them online.
Present the standard.

Topix is a forum to discover and discuss what you want about the people, places and things that matter to you.

We provide news and discussion forums for every city and town in the United States as well as hundreds of thousands of other topics.

We encourage the free exchange of views and opinions.

Try to be interesting.

It would be easier on all of us if you were polite.

If it upsets you that the free expression of ideas is often heated and offensive, please do not use Topix.

Topix cooperates with legitimate law enforcement, school officials requests & DMCA Complaints and we respect your privacy.

Any more questions you don't know the answers to?

I'm happy to help educate your ignorant ass.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#23752 May 23, 2012
The President's numbers keep climbing.

Those two polls last week that over-sampled Republicans were just an aberration.

The President's right on track for another landslide victory.

LOL!
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23753 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Present the standard.
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Present the standard for citing sources on Topix!
Relax, danny BOY.

More feigned ignorance? It's not TOPIX that sets standards for plagiarism, danny BOY. You appear foolish in arguing that point.

Society and law hold plagiarism abominable and clearly identify it:
http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_article_what_i...

At that site they state:
"According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means
* to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
* to use (another's production) without crediting the source
* to commit literary theft
* to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.

In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.

Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided, however, by citing sources. Simply acknowledging that certain material has been borrowed, and providing your audience with the information necessary to find that source, is usually enough to prevent plagiarism."

See, danny BOY, it's not so confusing. But you seem to believe that TOPIX is some sort of 'free zone' where plagiarists are free to rob and steal the works of others without condemnation.

That you are a plagiarist is not debatable or defensible. What is remarkable is your unending contorting and twisting societal ethics in trying to defend your plagiarism. You are the slime under the feet of moral people.

How trapped and confined you must have felt in adhering--for a short while--to the ethics taught in your university courses where plagiarism is grounds for failure and expulsion. Obviously you've abandoned those principles like a snake shedding its skin.

You are an unethical, lying plagiarist, danny BOY.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23754 May 23, 2012
Etch-A-Sketch watch...

"[A]nything near 8 percent or over 4 percent is not cause for celebration"
- Mitt Romney, speaking of the unemployment rate

**shake, shake, shake**

"Over a period of 4 years, by virtue of the policies that we put in place, we get the unemployment rate down to 6 percent, perhaps a little lower"
- Mitt Romney today

Not only is Romney saying that he can't meet the benchmark he himself set, the CBO has already predicted that we'll have 6% unemployment in 2016 anyway.

So Romney is basically promising to do nothing.

This guy is a joke. The only reason ANYBODY will vote for him is because they're voting against Obama.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23755 May 23, 2012
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Relax, danny BOY.
More feigned ignorance? It's not TOPIX that sets standards for plagiarism, danny BOY. You appear foolish in arguing that point.
Society and law hold plagiarism abominable and clearly identify it:
http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_article_what_i...
At that site they state:
"According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means
* to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
* to use (another's production) without crediting the source
* to commit literary theft
* to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.
Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided, however, by citing sources. Simply acknowledging that certain material has been borrowed, and providing your audience with the information necessary to find that source, is usually enough to prevent plagiarism."
See, danny BOY, it's not so confusing. But you seem to believe that TOPIX is some sort of 'free zone' where plagiarists are free to rob and steal the works of others without condemnation.
That you are a plagiarist is not debatable or defensible. What is remarkable is your unending contorting and twisting societal ethics in trying to defend your plagiarism. You are the slime under the feet of moral people.
How trapped and confined you must have felt in adhering--for a short while--to the ethics taught in your university courses where plagiarism is grounds for failure and expulsion. Obviously you've abandoned those principles like a snake shedding its skin.
You are an unethical, lying plagiarist, danny BOY.
Just as I thought - you're making it up as you go.

There are no style standards for Topix. You're fabricating them in order to attack me. It's all just part of your mental disorder.

I clearly identify when I'm posting news and opinion articles. Just because you're too stupid to identify that doesn't mean I'm trying to take credit for them.
The Truth

New Castle, PA

#23756 May 23, 2012
Trayvon Martin Case: Witnesses Change Accounts, Which Could Hurt Zimmerman

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23/tray...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lehigh Valley area church events: In Your Congr... Jul 6 weaponX 29
News Dispatcher sues state police over alleged rape Mar '17 Kracket 1
News Busch Gardens' original burgermeister, Robert B... (Nov '09) Oct '16 Daniel Regan 4
News Montco babysitter gets jail time for pulling te... (Sep '16) Sep '16 AAD 1
News Air quality questions persist at... (May '16) May '16 Hershey Sharts 3
News A wilting Pennsylvania Dutch tradition: ham and... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fannie Pak 1
Cute bi-curious guys in the hamilton/windsor ar... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ETSGuy 1

Barto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barto Mortgages