Bartlett Police are giving traffic ti...

Bartlett Police are giving traffic tickets for no reason at all

Posted in the Bartlett Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sws

Palatine, IL

#1 May 30, 2011
Got a traffic ticket from the Bartlett police for not wearing a seat belt.
Funny thing was that I was wearing my seat belt.
The poor excuse of a cop said that his partner
seen me driving without a seat belt on.
I had asked the poor excuse of a cop to
wright in the ticket description that I
was wearing a seat belt at the time he pulled me over,he refused.
What is going on here,if these guy's want to ticket you for anything they can and there is nothing you could do about it?
Are these towns and villages so cash strapped that they make it up with bogus traffic citations?

Professor Fontaine

Los Angeles, CA

#2 May 31, 2011
Hope they write you another one for poor grammar and horrible spelling.
bres

Hanover Park, IL

#3 May 31, 2011
Watch out.....there on every corner is streamwood also. Just yesterday they were standing in the Ipass lane on the tollbooth on 88.
Professor Obvious

Batavia, IL

#4 May 31, 2011
sws wrote:
Got a traffic ticket from the Bartlett police for not wearing a seat belt.
Funny thing was that I was wearing my seat belt.
The poor excuse of a cop said that his partner
seen me driving without a seat belt on.
I had asked the poor excuse of a cop to
wright in the ticket description that I
was wearing a seat belt at the time he pulled me over,he refused.
What is going on here,if these guy's want to ticket you for anything they can and there is nothing you could do about it?
Are these towns and villages so cash strapped that they make it up with bogus traffic citations?
Yeah, you're right the police just pull over random Aholes for not wearing their seat belt while driving. Do you live under a rock? Have you not seen the signs for the "click it or ticket" campaign going on? They do have a keen sense of little smart azz punks who sass them when they try to teach lessons that parents don't. You knew what you were being pulled over for and suddenly put your seat belt on...stop whining about the police for doing their job. Follow the law and you won't get pulled over for "bogus" citations.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 May 31, 2011
You do the crime, you pay the fine
sws

Palatine, IL

#6 May 31, 2011
What I'm try to get at is that they pulled the wrong person over which happens to be me. They had a speed trap there were cops all over the place. It was pretty obvious. They weren't going to admit that they made a mistake, that's why they only gave me a $25.00 ticket.
Oh by the way I do follow the law. I been following the law all my life and at my age I'm starting to get fed up with all these so called laws, especially TAX LAWS. Just remember you will never own your own home,you if don't pay the the political pirates there taxes they will take it away from you and your family.

Since: Oct 10

Bartlett, IL

#7 May 31, 2011
Hey, don't go climbing all over someone who may very well have a legitimate gripe! I don't live under a rock, and it HAS been VERY obvious that police are giving more tickets these days for smaller offenses. And yes, there is usually no recourse if you are innocent unless you have the funds for a lawyer.

In addition, police departments are spending money on better radar guns to get the revenue they are strapped for, and I have it from "the horse's mouth" that money is spent on those income producing items rather than on buying into wider databases for crime prevention.

I was a victim of that a few years ago, and it's not getting any better. It's not like criminal investigations are depicted on TV, where all the police departments have access to nationwide databases - they have to buy in, and many smaller towns, including Bartlett, only buy into the surrounding counties - not even out of state. Heaven help the victims!

Hope no one criticizes my grammar or punctuation without actually reading what I've written ...

Location hidden

#8 Jun 1, 2011
But if it is a bogus ticket that is wrong. You pay for that not only in a fine but on your auto insurance for several years.
punk

East Lansing, MI

#9 Jun 2, 2011
Professor Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're right the police just pull over random Aholes for not wearing their seat belt while driving. Do you live under a rock? Have you not seen the signs for the "click it or ticket" campaign going on? They do have a keen sense of little smart azz punks who sass them when they try to teach lessons that parents don't. You knew what you were being pulled over for and suddenly put your seat belt on...stop whining about the police for doing their job. Follow the law and you won't get pulled over for "bogus" citations.
Well I am 49 going on 50 and I am not a punk.But I had the same thing happen to me with a ranger.I passed him by at the entrance of the woods drove about a half mile and then parked.About 10 minutes later he comes pulling up no lights on doing the 10 mile speed and tells me I didn't have my belts on when I passed him.I was still wearing my belt parked there.I told him he needed glasses I then and said all he was trying to do was rip me off and then closed my window.He then banged on my window and told me to get out that he was putting me under arrest.I laughed at him and said I was never put under arrest never have been in trouble with the law and never had hand cuffs on and he wasn't going to be the one to do it.
Well we both calmed down after alot of yelling and he gave me a warning as I was pulling away I told him again he needed glasses.The only thing I could think of is my shirt was the same color as my belt.And you may say I am full of bs,but ever since I went trough a windshield at around 18 years old I have always put my belts on.
I hope my grammer was good enough for you Profess

Location hidden

#10 Jun 2, 2011
punk wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am 49 going on 50 and I am not a punk.But I had the same thing happen to me with a ranger.I passed him by at the entrance of the woods drove about a half mile and then parked.About 10 minutes later he comes pulling up no lights on doing the 10 mile speed and tells me I didn't have my belts on when I passed him.I was still wearing my belt parked there.I told him he needed glasses I then and said all he was trying to do was rip me off and then closed my window.He then banged on my window and told me to get out that he was putting me under arrest.I laughed at him and said I was never put under arrest never have been in trouble with the law and never had hand cuffs on and he wasn't going to be the one to do it.
Well we both calmed down after alot of yelling and he gave me a warning as I was pulling away I told him again he needed glasses.The only thing I could think of is my shirt was the same color as my belt.And you may say I am full of bs,but ever since I went trough a windshield at around 18 years old I have always put my belts on.
I hope my grammer was good enough for you Profess
The same color shirt will do it every time
punk

East Lansing, MI

#11 Jun 2, 2011
Taxpayer for years wrote:
<quoted text>The same color shirt will do it every time
well I asked him to see his on board video,but he said I did'nt need to see it his eyes was all he needed to go by.I think he was looking for money or maybe something else.

Location hidden

#12 Jun 2, 2011
punk wrote:
<quoted text>
well I asked him to see his on board video,but he said I did'nt need to see it his eyes was all he needed to go by.I think he was looking for money or maybe something else.
Or did not have a video. I would have fought that in court. A Ranger probably would not have showed up.
sws

United States

#13 Jun 2, 2011
They make it so if you fight it in court itís not worth your while. You will loose a half of a days pay (if you are fortunate enough to have a job).
And also Traffic court judges are a joke. Iím sure
they have quotas to fulfill just like the cops have ticket quotas.
I have never won a case in court in the three times that I had to go to traffic court.
The only times that I have seen someone get off if they had a lawyer with them, and if I remember right they take those cases first if you have a lawyer present.
When you try to fight it without counsel you will loose.

I know I am an idiot I canít spell any more and have poor grammar.
punk

East Lansing, MI

#14 Jun 2, 2011
sws wrote:
They make it so if you fight it in court itís not worth your while. You will loose a half of a days pay (if you are fortunate enough to have a job).
And also Traffic court judges are a joke. Iím sure
they have quotas to fulfill just like the cops have ticket quotas.
I have never won a case in court in the three times that I had to go to traffic court.
The only times that I have seen someone get off if they had a lawyer with them, and if I remember right they take those cases first if you have a lawyer present.
When you try to fight it without counsel you will loose.
I know I am an idiot I canít spell any more and have poor grammar.
No your not a idiot and who cares if you can spell don't pay attention to Professor idiot!!!
suzie

Kokomo, IN

#15 Oct 31, 2011
well professor fontain..the same thing happend 2 me. the stuopid officer followd me 4 bout 5 miles b4 he decided 2 pull me ovr 4 no apparent reason. i was doing the speed limit,belt buckle kid n car seat n him riding my bumper. wen i wud get n the right lane 4 him 2 go around, he just got rite bak behind me untill he decided it was time 2 pull me ovr n b a prick. then wen ur kids r being harased by grown drunk men n u have 2 involve the police n they tell u that the drunk men r sloppy drunk n i need 2 go n my house n leave them alone, wen im n my yard n they r down the road hollering absenities 2 ur ung children and u r the 1 who calld 911 along with my neighbors whom where sitting there listening 2 the sloppy drunks nasty mouths also..but we were the 1s the cops were pricks 2..wen it happens 2 u ull change ur tone unless ur 1 of them...hows that 4 spelling...
Annoyed

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 2, 2011
We also got pulled over recently for not breaking any laws. Wasn't speeding, slowly switched lanes to make a turn onto Bartlett after getting off of 59 onto Lake St. The officer pulled us over immediately after we turned onto Bartlett claiming the driver was following too closely. She Shined her light into all of our faces (that thing is BRIGHT) Then after agreeing NONE of us were drunk, went to her car, took her time, came back and said she was going to do us a FAVOR by only giving a ticket for following too closely. Wait a minute, a favor? The driver was over a car length in back of the car and only behind them momentarily before going into the turn lane. Not speeding, not drinking and driving, insurance, turn signal... what favor?$150 ticket and can't go to court, a subjective ticket would go in the offiers favor and hello court fees. Awesome. Thank you, happy thanksgiving, thank you for protecting our neighborhood officer. I'd appreciate you pull over the swerving, speeding, non-stop sign stopping idiot next time your out on traffic duty. Or maybe the person with 3 DUI's driving drunk, again.
sws

Naperville, IL

#17 Dec 2, 2011
I think the Bartlett police force went to the Barny Fife school of law enforcement.
Never admit that you are wrong, and when you pull someone over you have to give them a ticket.
bartlett ticket

Aurora, IL

#18 May 14, 2014
i got pulled over on a rainy day for basically touching the median to get into the left turn lane when he oulled me over he said do you have any idea how many blocks you drove in the median in order to get into the left turn lane i said i know i got on the median but i didnt drive on it for any number of blocks as the media is not is not even half a block long and he said license and insurance i gave it to him and he said well since am getting wet you are getting a ticket turn around didnt let me talk or say anything took 30 min to give me a ticket for i think i was improper lane usage
moe

Brandon, MS

#19 Sep 7, 2014
That's right they give me a ticket becuase I have my phone in my hand and they told me this ticket becuase u texting I told him how can I text and i don't have a sim card in my phone it's crazy
andy

Chicago, IL

#20 Sep 10, 2014
Last week Sept.5, a Bartlett police officer was parked on the median in the middle of Rt. 59, looking thru a pair of binoculars at the oncoming traffic. Obviously looking for no seat belt, or people holding a phone up to their ear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gasoline prices super high in Elgin! Nov 30 Elsie 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Willie 162
Dave Nov 29 FLT 4
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... (May '15) Nov 20 Rightwing pedophilia 75
News Naperville, Aurora, others unite to oppose wire... Nov 15 Jake 1
News Why the Cook County soda tax failed Oct '17 Common Sense 2
News Call of duty: Bartlett teen graduates early, fo... (Jul '13) Sep '17 tony 15

Bartlett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlett Mortgages