Review: Advanced Moving And Storage Inc

Review: Advanced Moving And Storage Inc

Posted in the Bartlett Forum

Jim Roberts

Roselle, IL

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Advanced moving and storage did an absolute perfect job moving me and my family from Addison to Harrington. Those guys were so polite and responsible of our furniture that I had to think this move was going too well I kept waiting for something to go wrong but throughout the day the movers made me feel more relaxed and Advanced moving delivered a flawless move. All of my worries were not needed this company and the owner Jim Lalagos are wonderful to work with. Do yourself a favor and look no more Advanced will not let you down
Rose adler

Roselle, IL

#2 Jan 7, 2013
I don't usually write a review on businesses but this moving company just moved me today and my kids referred me to this web site to write this review on Advanced moving and storage. First let me say the owner Jim Lalagos and his son were so helpful the girls in the office were well trained and friendly they understood the stress moving causes. The owner said he would send his very best moving crew and he lived up tp his promise. The moving crew did a great job and did not break anything, the move went one hour under the estimate. What a great job Advanced did, thank you Jim Lalagos and your great staff.
Judy Gailey

Louisville, CO

#3 Sep 16, 2013
Do not use this company! Not only were they 3 weeks late in delivering our belongings across country, but the entire truck was loaded carelessly with no regard. Most boxes were crushed & wardrobe boxes completely opened with clothes exposed. Mattresses looked as if were dragged through the dirt. Artwork packed by the company were just thrown together in boxes with no protective packaging causing much breakage. Artwork & boxes arrived with water damage. Chipped tables. Broken antique dresser. Broken china cabinet. Broken chairs. Missing pieces so things couldn't be put together. Missing tool bag. So many items were broken, chipped, marred, scratched, dented, mildewed & exposed. Described by the contracted movers on site to assist as the worst moving job they had ever seen! As for Jim Lalagos, he demanded our money, but when we called him the next day for assistance he said, "dont call me, I'm taking care of family business". How's that for customer support! Do yourself a favor & pay a little more & hire a reputable company.
Uji S

Schaumburg, IL

#4 Dec 10, 2013
ONE OF THE WORST MOVING COMPANY EVER. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE STAFF, ARGUE WITH CUSTOMERS ALL THE TIME, SUCKS MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS.
Really had bad experience with them.
Even though it is time based their staff wasted almost 2 hours as he got lost with the truck and came back to my new home almost after additional an hour late taking his own sweet time. They didn't bring carpet protector sheet, argued with us almost an hour with us for that. In the end he charged us for 2 hours extra.
They broke my nice glass lazy susan during the move and they are not even ready to replace it and giving all lame reasons.
ONE OF THE WORST MOVING COMPANY EVER. JUST RUN AWAY FROM THEM. CAN NOT GIVE RATING 0 HERE AS I HAVE TO SELECT SOMETHING I HAVE SELECTED ONE STAR. BUT IN REALITY I WILL NOT GIVE THEM EVEN ONE START RATING.
PGR

Hoffman Estates, IL

#5 Mar 7, 2014
DO NOT USE THIS COMPNAY TO MOVE YOUR HOUSEHOLD GOODS! First of all we were told that the movers would arrive between 8-9am when initially booked. They it was moved between 1-2 pm and the 2 movers didn't show up unto 3pm. The 2 movers were extremely slow granted they were very careful but it took 4-1/2 hours just to move our belongings out of a small 2 bedroom apartment.
I expected to be moved out and into our new house in no more than 5 to 6 hours and it took them exactly 13-1/2 hours. They were done at 4:30 the next morning!! Therefore we were charged an extra $623 than we were originally quoted. The owner Jim, was rather quite rude to me when he wanted to charge extra $$$ 9 hours that it took to move us with the very slow movers!! He seemed to be very unprofessional and rude. Oh, in addition they were nice enough to take 2 TV's of ours to dispose of and at the time I was told there would be no extra charge by the mover when he arrived. Jim called the next day demanding and extra $195 for both TV's for disposal....really what gives???
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT USE THIS MOVING COMPANY!!!!!
Nick G

Glendale Heights, IL

#6 Mar 18, 2014
I picked Advanced Moving & Storage after an exhaustive search. I researched moving companies all over the net and called and got quotes from at least a half dozen companies. These movers were very detailed and completely upfront about their rates and what was involved.

They arrived on time, were fast, careful, wrapped/padded all of my furniture, performed the disassembly and re-assembly as needed, and were just generally very friendly and pleasant. I have only hired movers once before but this was the most stress-free move I could have hoped for!

They were professional and service orientd. My friend recommended these movers to me based on the service they received on there move. From the very first time I spoke to them over the phone to the last piece of furniture moved into our new place, everything was first rate!

We'll probably never move ourselves again at our age but after the first class job Advanced Moving provided I feel much better now.
Kathy Kahan

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Mar 31, 2014
The worst moving experience we ever had. We moved on a Sunday. We signed up for A 3 man crew at a rate of 98/hr. They sent 2 men and owner was not reachable to. Talk to us about a rate. They loaded the truck and then locked it . They kept demanding more cash until the police arrived . The owner , Jim was so rude and obnoxious and started ranting to the police and us about " paying for groceries at Dominick's"? Crazy stuff.
Jamea

Indianapolis, IN

#8 May 1, 2014
Very dishonest company, they showed up 2 hours late with 2 men instead of 3. The price quoted was not the price they wound up charging us..... The company has a slew of complaints filed against them with better business association and a few pending cases in. Small Claims court for bait and switch practices with pricing
Jack Fffffuller

Roselle, IL

#10 Sep 16, 2014
I recently moved locally within town and used Advanced moving & storage, Advanced arrived on time and loaded all my things on their truck. We went to our closing and to our surprise we had problems closing on our new house we were forced to store our belongings at their warehouse. The people at Advanced were very understanding and accommodating they stored our stuff for two months by the time we were able to locate a new house. The owner Jim Lalagos was very polite and professional, we met him when we went to their office to view their warehouse to see where our belongings were to be stored. Mr. Lalagos gave us his personal guarantee that all will go smooth. Well he was right Advanced did an excellent job and moved our items to their storage then back to our new house and there were no damages or missing things.
My wife and I read a lot about the horror stories some movers will put you through we even read some negative reviews on Advanced but Mr. Lalagos assured us everything would go well. I want to thank Mr. Lalagos and his wonderful office staff along with those hard working movers. I will recommend your services to anyone I know is moving. MANY THANKS.
Margaret and Tom Payne

Roselle, IL

#11 Sep 16, 2014
Using Advanced Moving and Storage was not my first choice but the moving company I wanted to use was booked so I rolled the dice with Advanced. This was a great decision I saved $350.00 and my move went perfect or at least better then I expected. This company is very under estimated yes there are some bad reviews like any moving company has but Advanced is a sleeping diamond in the ruff. What a great job by their movers moving us in the pouring rain, they protected all my things and not one thing got wet or damaged except for the poor movers who got soaked. They really are troopers. Take care of those boys Advanced I want the same guys for my next move.
Carrie

De Pere, WI

#14 Nov 25, 2015
I am deeply concerned about this company still being in business after researching and researching and more researching their operations and the owner, Jim Lalagos, relationship with customers. This came about after his company refused to turn over my friends property TWO times. I will NOT say deliver because the company truck carrying the family's entire life belongings showed up at there home but refused to turn over my friends property (yes the company was PAID IN FULL). By taunting the family with "We have your stuff and you can't have it...give us more money..." lends me to believe all the other poor reviews were not just freak mishaps. Sadly, I have read they have had quite a few complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau, however, they are still able to receive a B+ ranking based on their willingness to work on resolving problems AFTER THE FACT...such an odd business philosophy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Elgin is Kane County's Most Corrupt Polic... (Mar '12) 7 hr Columbo 44
carol stream police suck!! (Nov '10) Tue Firemanretired 39
News Charges dropped in Naperville 'Simpsons' graffi... Tue Jiggly 56
News Coal City puts home rule on the ballot Nov 30 Hopeful 3
News Call of duty: Bartlett teen graduates early, fo... (Jul '13) Nov 13 STUART HYMEN 7
News Man blames friend for fatal strike (Mar '06) Nov '16 xcop 130
Bartlett Pears Nov '16 Cubs Fan 4

Bartlett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlett Mortgages