Bartlett man charged with drug-induce...

Bartlett man charged with drug-induced homicide of friend

There are 16 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Bartlett man charged with drug-induced homicide of friend. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A Bartlett man helped his friend shoot heroin, then left him passed out in the back seat of a car in a White Castle parking lot, where he was later found dead, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

UNKNOWN

United States

#1 Aug 2, 2008
BRAD IS NOT TO BLAME THIS MAN KNEW THE RISKS OF USING HEROIN! BRAD IS AN AMAZING MAN AND IS LOVED BY MANY PEOPLE! PEOPLE WHO RUN IN HIS GROUP OF FRIENDS HAVE LOST FRIENDS TO THIS DRUG DO WE REALLY NEED TO LOOSE BRAD AS WELL? I HOPE NOT BUT I DO PRAY THAT THIS WILL KEEP HIM FROM EVER USING HEROIN AGAIN AND THAT HE WILL SERVE LITTLE TO NO TIME! I AM VERY UPSET AND MAD THAT EVERYBODY HAS SOMETHING TO SAY BUT YET NOBODY WANTS TO FACE THE FACTS THIS GUY USED AND HIS LIFE WAS TAKEN FROM HIM HEROIN IS NO JOKE AND I WOULD KNOW I USED TO USE HEROIN AS WELL AND ALL IT TAKES IS ONE BAD BATCH AND YOUR DEAD BUT THIS DRUG HAS A POWER OVER PEOPLE AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS GETTING HIGH!I LOVE BRAD AND I WILL BE PRAYING FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY! IF I WERE THE ONE DEAD BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO USE HEROIN THEN I WOULD NOT WANT ANYBODY TO GO TO JAIL I MADE THAT CHOICE AND I WOULD ONLY HOPE THAT THE OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED WOULD GO TO REHAB!
john

Lombard, IL

#2 Aug 2, 2008
i completely agree with the above post
Frank

Chicago, IL

#3 Aug 3, 2008
Seriously? Brad left Brian to die in the back seat of that car. He didn't care at all about his friend, he cared more about not getting caught. As a heroin user, Brad knew what was happening and allowed Brian to die. His lack of remorse has been disgusting. Who shows up to an arraignment wearing a tank top and shorts? I knew Brad and I know he is a nice kid, but people need to be punished for their actions.
no name

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2008
Brad wore to court the only clothing he had as he had been picked up by police the day before and was in jail.
Frank

Grand Prairie, TX

#5 Aug 4, 2008
I'm sure his parents could of managed to bring him a change of clothes. Generally Judges take stuff like that as an insult.
Understands system

United States

#6 Aug 4, 2008
Actually when the police take you in they strip you of all your clothes and allow you to wear 1 shirt.. Either undershirt of shirt you have. You are not allowed to see your parents or anyone other then a lawyer until after the hearing. So what he wore should not be taken as an insult or disrespect in anyway. I dont no anything about what happened. I just know how the legal system works and i figured i would enlighten you.
Understands system

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2008
and this article looks like it was written by a fifth grader
kae08

Bethpage, NY

#8 Aug 5, 2008
UNKNOWN wrote:
BRAD IS NOT TO BLAME THIS MAN KNEW THE RISKS OF USING HEROIN! BRAD IS AN AMAZING MAN AND IS LOVED BY MANY PEOPLE! PEOPLE WHO RUN IN HIS GROUP OF FRIENDS HAVE LOST FRIENDS TO THIS DRUG DO WE REALLY NEED TO LOOSE BRAD AS WELL? I HOPE NOT BUT I DO PRAY THAT THIS WILL KEEP HIM FROM EVER USING HEROIN AGAIN AND THAT HE WILL SERVE LITTLE TO NO TIME! I AM VERY UPSET AND MAD THAT EVERYBODY HAS SOMETHING TO SAY BUT YET NOBODY WANTS TO FACE THE FACTS THIS GUY USED AND HIS LIFE WAS TAKEN FROM HIM HEROIN IS NO JOKE AND I WOULD KNOW I USED TO USE HEROIN AS WELL AND ALL IT TAKES IS ONE BAD BATCH AND YOUR DEAD BUT THIS DRUG HAS A POWER OVER PEOPLE AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS GETTING HIGH!I LOVE BRAD AND I WILL BE PRAYING FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY! IF I WERE THE ONE DEAD BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO USE HEROIN THEN I WOULD NOT WANT ANYBODY TO GO TO JAIL I MADE THAT CHOICE AND I WOULD ONLY HOPE THAT THE OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED WOULD GO TO REHAB!
Your post would suggest drug use, either past or present. Brad is an addict, he played a part in his friend's death and now has to answer for it, being a recovering addict, I would think you would acknowledge Brad's part in this tragedy instead of making excuses .
UNKNOWN

Gilberts, IL

#9 Aug 10, 2008
I GUESS WHEN THIS ALL FIRST WENT DOWN I DIDNT SEE BOTH SIDES BUT NOW AS TIME HAS PASSED I REALIZE THAT YES IT IS EASY TO POINT FINGERS AND BLAME BRAD...AS FAR AS HIM BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR BRAINS DEATH I WOULD STILL DISAGREE! I DO HOWEVER THINK THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE TO LEARN FROM THIS...HEROIN IS THE DEVIL WHEN YOUR ON IT ALL YOU THINK ABOUT IS YOURSELF AND YOUR JUDGMENT IS CLOUDED AND YOU END UP HURTING PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT EVEN IF THAT WASN'T YOUR INTENTION! IT HAS BEEN A STRUGGLE FOR ME TO STAY CLEAN NOT A DAY HAS PASSED BEFORE BRADS ARREST THAT I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT USING BUT NOW THAT I HAVE LOST SOMEONE WHO MEANS THE WORLD TO ME I REALIZE THAT USING IS NOT AN OPPTION! WHEN YOU GET YOURSELF IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HURTING NOT JUST THE ONE WHO IS IN JAIL...AND ALL BECAUSE OF A SELFISH DECISION TO GO AND GET HIGH! MOST PEOPLE GET HIGH TO ESCAPE OR FEEL GOOD I KNOW NIETHER BRAD NOR BRIAN THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN OR IM SURE THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE USED THAT NIGHT! I GUESS ONLY TIME WILL TELL WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO BRAD AND I PRAY THAT BRIAN IS IN A BETTER PLACE! IF BRAD DOES SERVE TIME IT WILL KEEP HIM CLEAN UP AND I WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HIM PASSING AWAY AS WELL! IM STARTING TO THINK THATS THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN FOR HIM AT THIS POINT IN HIS LIFE! ITS NOT FAIR THAT BRAIN HAD TO PASS AWAY AND I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY I CAN TELL HE WAS AN AWESOME GUY AND I CANNOT IMAGIN THE PAIN HIS FAMILY IS LEFT TO DEAL WITH! I KNOW ONE THING THAT THIS HAPPENING HAS CHANGED ALOT OF PEOPLES LIVES AND EVERYONE NEEDS A REASON TO STAY CLEAN I JUST HOPE THAT THIS WAS ENOUGH FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE AFFECTED BY BRIANS DEATH AND BRADS GETTING ARRESTED FOR MURDER! WE DONT HAVE TO LOOSE ANOTHER FRIEND BOYFRIEND SON OR BROTHER SO HELP THE ONES YOU KNOW USE OR THEY WILL BE NEXT BECAUSE THE ONLY THING THAT COMES OUT OF THIS LIFESTYLE IS DEATH OR JAIL TIME!
MMT

United States

#10 Aug 12, 2008
In most cases, I may not agree with blaming the person "who assisted with the shooting up" for someone else's death.

In this case, though, from what the media reported he just left the body there. He could have, at the very least, called 911 from a payphone.

I know I would have done a lot more in that position - I'd rather be arrested for possesion than murder.
BHS 01

San Jose, CA

#11 Mar 20, 2009
THESE GUYS NEED TO GROW UP.
LIVING WITH HIS PARENTS AT 26, DOES HE USE HIS ALLOWANCE MONEY FOR HEROIN?
WTF

United States

#12 May 14, 2009
ok...everyone on here defending the heroin addict must also be using heroin or someother brain killing drug! all of you sound like a bunch of ENABLERS!!!
and wtf? how come when white people die, its something to be pondered and defended but for the rest of the population its a reason for race bashing and demands for deportation?????? All you people are so hypocritical!
i for one say he should get deported to ENGLAND so he can get drugged out and leave people to die over there!
BHS 00

Des Plaines, IL

#13 Dec 7, 2009
I know Brad. I've known him since elementary school. He has always been messed up and the fact that ANYONE can sit here and defend him infuriates me. Throw the key away please. Let the justice system take a bum off the street. He is pathetic, as well as anyone who has the audacity to defend him.

As a side note, how pathetic we have drug users sitting here defending him and the actions of people while they are on heroin. Can you imagine a world if this was the reasoning our justice system was based on?
Habib

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 Jan 22, 2010
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/couriernew...

Attempted robbery: Darpesh S. Patel, 20, of 259 Hill Ave., Bartlett, was charged Wednesday with felony attempted robbery. Police said Patel tried to steal a 32-year-old taxi driver's money by placing him in a choke hold as the man was driving Wednesday afternoon, a police report said. The robbery attempt failed and Patel fled on foot, police said, but he was apprehended by officers a short time later near Ruzika Park. The taxi driver was unharmed in the incident but accidentally struck a mailbox with his taxi while trying to follow Patel after the attempted holdup, police said. Patel's bail information was not available Thursday. Police said Patel had been released from prison earlier this month after serving about 17 months in an Illinois prison for the Nov. 29, 2007, armed robbery of a Bensenville Dunkin' Donuts.
Bartlett resident

Warrenville, IL

#16 Feb 20, 2010
new name for dope (Brad)
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#17 Mar 10, 2011
I would like to know if Brads brother was Brian(tootie)wouldve been the nickname i would know him by

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kennedy Homes lays off staff (Feb '08) Apr 28 M Robinson 209
South Elgin is Kane County's Most Corrupt Polic... (Mar '12) Apr 27 alliknowiswin 52
Kayla korves Apr 21 Just wondering 1
Livestock roaming free in Bartlette? Apr 19 IdiotCamp 1
Dr. Mark Lewis of St. Charles (Mar '16) Apr 18 swendell 6
News Its Survival In Doubt, Sears Struggles To Trans... Apr 18 yidfellas v USA 1
News Call of duty: Bartlett teen graduates early, fo... (Jul '13) Nov '16 STUART HYMEN 7

Bartlett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlett Mortgages