New Bartlett restaurant has kept it a...

New Bartlett restaurant has kept it all in the family

There are 25 comments on the Courier-News story from Sep 7, 2007, titled New Bartlett restaurant has kept it all in the family. In it, Courier-News reports that:

“My dad has been in the restaurant business for over 40 years and knows more about restaurants than all of us combined”

Patrons won't get just any pancake when they pop into the new Savoury Restaurant and Pancake Cafe in Bartlett. via Courier-News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jose

Glen Ellyn, IL

#21 Jun 7, 2009
cockroaches, slimy menus, filthy bathrooms-will never go back
Love the nest

Benton Ridge, OH

#22 Jan 4, 2011
Monika wrote:
I've been to Savoury many many times and have never had anything wrong. I'll always pick Savoury over Nest Cafe
THE NEST ROCKS
anotheronebitest hedust

La Grange, IL

#23 Feb 24, 2011
The Nest is closed - Building available on a short sale
anotheronebitest hedust

La Grange, IL

#24 Feb 24, 2011
Their place in West Chicago (the SAndpiper) is also up for sale.

Something "in the Family" must have happened
Debbie

AOL

#25 Apr 10, 2011
I don't know how long this place has been open but got there for the first time this morning. Hubby and son didn't care about going so it was just my daughter and I for a girl's morning out. We arrived a little before 9 on a Sun morning and altho it was very busy, we were greeted and seated right away. Our server was right there after we sat down to take our drink order and he was back with coffee and hot chocolate in a flash. We had enough time to decide what we wanted so put in our order and then quick as a wink he delivered our food. My daughter had the Mickey Mouse pancakes and not only did it look darling but she ate every bit and said how yummy it was. I had the belgian waffle with pecans and it was outstanding. It was cooked to perfection and had a very good taste, especially with tons of chopped pecans and real butter and syrup. Coffee was good too and the waiter was there to refill just as I needed more.

I think our first time there was a good experience. I could see the wait staff was very busy and never heard anyone complain. The whole restaurant which is pretty large was very full and people were waiting for tables when we left.

I hope they can make a go of it because Bartlett can really use some nicer sit-down restaurants.

I would like to try Savoury for lunch or dinner and see if I like as well as breakfast!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Singles, STAY AWAY from the DuPage County Fair! Wed Tommy 1
News Court rules to liquidate Duraco Products (Mar '10) Wed all the way 13
News Police involved in fatal Summit shooting (Apr '06) Wed TIRED OF IDIOTS 547
Host a Foreign Exchange Student! (May '07) Jun 28 really 77
News 5 charged in rape of teen (Oct '08) Jun 27 Frank Longdong 59
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... (May '15) Jun 24 Anal wall odor 69
News Two Sycamore teens face charges after string of... Jun 19 Hello!? 1

Bartlett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlett Mortgages