Pair of Oklahoma child deaths spotlight disturbing trend

There are 6 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Dec 12, 2010, titled Pair of Oklahoma child deaths spotlight disturbing trend. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

The November washing machine death of a Bartlesville infant and last summer's drug overdose death of a teenager at a family reunion are examples of a disturbing trend in Oklahoma.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Welcome to the Matrix

United States

#1 Dec 12, 2010
Not to mention Bartlesville's latest murder of a 3 yr old boy. A Washington County Deputy who'd recently been hired at the Washington County jail has been charged with the murder.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Dec 13, 2010
DHS has a lot on very unprofessional people that have truly destroyed childrens lives by believing lies and never checking whether they are true or not. They are in contempt of court, and do not pass information on to the corts that would put some of the DHS staffs jobs in jepardy.
Charlotte S

Ashburn, VA

#3 Dec 15, 2010
It is sad to say but many states are the same way. The goal is to get the children back with the parents or some family member and it is not the best thing in some cases. Case workers are over-loaded and don't have time to check everything in each case. CASA no longer works in Washinton county is what I hear. That was a good program. Not perfect but it gave the child added protection in that a CASA volunteer might only have one child that they helped. Some lawsuits might help wake some people up though.
Stop Oklahoma Child Abuse

Oviedo, FL

#4 Feb 1, 2011
Charlotte S wrote:
It is sad to say but many states are the same way. The goal is to get the children back with the parents or some family member and it is not the best thing in some cases. Case workers are over-loaded and don't have time to check everything in each case. CASA no longer works in Washinton county is what I hear. That was a good program. Not perfect but it gave the child added protection in that a CASA volunteer might only have one child that they helped. Some lawsuits might help wake some people up though.
Folks don't get it, it is the District Attorney's that are killing the kids and the DHS workers that have no clue. They don't want to do their jobs they way they are trained. And yes if the lies are on the easier side so they don't have to work and can take 8 hour coffee breaks well there is your dicision. Caseworker and LEO is called to school sees black eye on 5 year old child. Father admits to punching boy 3-4 times. DHS leaves child in home with Father and District Attorney files case with confession of father. But later pleas case to NOTHING! There is your justice!

Oviedo, FL

#5 Feb 1, 2011
Welcome to the Matrix wrote:
Not to mention Bartlesville's latest murder of a 3 yr old boy. A Washington County Deputy who'd recently been hired at the Washington County jail has been charged with the murder.
From what I have seen out of Garfield County Sheriff's Office, I hate to say this but, I have to beleive it. Guess what, it is Garfield County District Attorney's Office the deputy will get his job back and a raise.

Oviedo, FL

#6 Feb 1, 2011
Welcome to the Matrix wrote:
My error this was Washington County, but it is still the Oklahoma District Attorney's I just hope this one has some sense and heart!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
officer James graham Wed East Side 2
Gossipy Old Biddys at Copan City Hall (Jul '13) May 18 Current Copan Target 3
What happened to the Mullendore Murder Case (Aug '08) May 15 brdrline 1,402
New Vapor store in Bartlesville May 5 Ajshaw 1
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) May 2 Kalia DM 32
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bartlesville, OK (Jan '12) Mar '15 equal rights for all 26
ken cobb Mar '15 kathy 2
More from around the web

Bartlesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]