Man Accused of Beating Son Over Poor ...

Man Accused of Beating Son Over Poor School Report

There are 10 comments on the News9 Oklahoma City story from Sep 26, 2009, titled Man Accused of Beating Son Over Poor School Report. In it, News9 Oklahoma City reports that:

A Bartlesville man has been charged with felony child abuse for allegedly beating his 8-year-old son with a belt after getting a poor report from his son's teacher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News9 Oklahoma City.

Since: Sep 09

Thorndale, TX

#1 Sep 27, 2009
OMG, This is totally absurd. I guess the 40 year old guy can get up to 4 years in the pen. I guess he will be trained like a puppy taking orders from inmated. Poor child, he will grown up to resent his own dad. I hope the damage ain't to severe. I hope the young kid grows up to be stronger now. My heart goes to the male kid. Not the father.

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Sep 27, 2009
Tx_Sor wrote:
OMG, This is totally absurd. I guess the 40 year old guy can get up to 4 years in the pen. I guess he will be trained like a puppy taking orders from inmated. Poor child, he will grown up to resent his own dad. I hope the damage ain't to severe. I hope the young kid grows up to be stronger now. My heart goes to the male kid. Not the father.
I hope the kid tries harder in school!

Keith

Goodbye mutual funds Hello CoolTrade robotic traders
Master sniper

Riverton, WY

#3 Sep 27, 2009
The Social workers and cops should be hand cuffed and beaten in the face with an axe.
Mr Rogers

Talihina, OK

#4 Sep 27, 2009
Who hasn't been beat over grades used to not be a big deal now you got a generation of sissys whining cause the messed up and got punished
Walt

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Sep 28, 2009
Extensive bruising over the legs, arms and shoulder are NOT reasonable punishment in any civilized nation. Perhaps you would like to live in a place like Singapore where you get public lashings for grafiti or Iran where a stoning would be accepted as a parental punishment for misdeeds.
Sounds like you have a few issues bud.
Mr Rogers wrote:
Who hasn't been beat over grades used to not be a big deal now you got a generation of sissys whining cause the messed up and got punished

Newark, OH

#6 Sep 28, 2009
Mr Rogers wrote:
Its one thing to puish another to beat them. My grandmother used a bamboo stick but i use to be sore not crying with bruising and welts. there is a difference
Master sniper

Riverton, WY

#7 Sep 29, 2009
And I wonder how much proof that the bruising is from the father not normal play.The problem with asking a chjld if a parent hit you after they have been spanked you know what the answer will be.Any asshole with a grudge against you can call C.P.S. on you.So where is real verifible proof of the aleadedged beating.Sorry social workers are state paid liers.A credible witness such as a nieghbor without a police record.
Walt

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Sep 29, 2009
Well the father in this case could not even control his temper long enough to tell the police and social workers his side of the story. That alone would cause me to be suspicious.
You are right that a child could lie but being closed to the possibility that the child wasn't and supporting some investigation is warranted is irresponsible.
Walt

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Oct 6, 2009
Even if I were to go along with the purported miracles of the belt which I do not share your fine memories of you, are working completely on the supposition that this father was acting rational. This is based only on the fact that he is the adult. Adults, in my experience, lie as frequently as children. Usually they just become more careful about not getting caught and when they do get caught the child does not give them the belt.
I remember getting the belt as something that became an experience unto itself not a "part" of my immmature child like behavior. Just a bloody nightmare of its own. I like others just learned to lie better and that is the truth.
rocker 1 wrote:
I'm 65 and have had the belt a few times, I learned you don't do it again. maybe the social workers need to take charge of this kid and talk him into a better person and do better in school sometimes that works, the belt usually works better,seems to clear the head and ears and make you pay attention to what is being said.

Round Rock, TX

#11 Oct 17, 2010
Take it from me, I have been beaten and left with bruises. The Parent who done the beating got beat back twice as hard. to this day, I resent him all the way. My own mom doesn;t understand the male perspective. Majority of us carry grudges til one day it drops off. It kills me to hear a parent beat the child over a report card. Why not do something creative, take toys or game console away from him or her. It will teach them to work hard to value what they have. this is my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nightclub/Bar Jun 21 Indy_girrl78 1
Old Golden Corral Building Sold - What's next f... Jun 14 Cinnamon Bun. 2
Dan Johnson is a douche (Aug '15) Jun 11 Biscuits and gravy 2
News Bartlesville Restaurant Files Lawsuit Over Brea... Jun 9 Cinnamon Bun. 1
What happen n court about Lyndsey Giovinazzo an... (Mar '12) Jun 5 kelsey johnson 18
VOM Breaking News! Wurmbrands son asks for Inve... (Mar '14) Jun 4 Former resident 6
What happened to the Mullendore Murder Case (Aug '08) Jun 4 Former B resident 1,412
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlesville Mortgages