Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

Has this gone on in Bartlesville,Dewey or Copan? Absolutely. I know of one serious instance of sexual molestation of a very young teen boy by the "youth minister" in a Dewey pentecostal church. What did the church do? Nothing.... except cover it up. The boy was so traumatized by the molestation, he didn't "tell" for a long time.

Although a crime/crimes had been committed the church covered it up and allowed the so-called youth minister to continue "ministering" to teen age children, oftentimes picking them up at home and taking them places without parental or church supervision.

Scripture says to remove a hypocrite from the church. The law says to report such crimes. This church played God and took the law in their own hands and did neither, "not wanting to ruin the reputation of the man, or the church". The single parent was discouraged by church leadership of reporting the crime to the police saying it was a "spiritual issue".

Although this should have been reported to the police, it wasn't. So, what did they do for the child?...and make no mistake, a 13 yr old boy IS a child and at a very vulnerable stage of development in his life. No one from the church went to minister to, pray for, or counsel the boy. He was left to struggle with the aftermath of this abuse by himself. I found out about this after the fact, but I knew the boy personally, and know that he desperately needed counseling. He still has trust and other issues to this day because of this molestation.

Also, I am almost positive that another boy of the same age was molested by this same man several years later. The boy acted very strange, as did the youth minister, but again, nothing was done. I asked the boys mother if she had questioned her son, and she said yes, but that he denied it. However, denial by a victim is not all that unusual in some cases.

So, what happened to the molester? He died suddenly and prematurely. God has a way of taking care of situations where someone has harmed one of his little ones. As for the church...it is not doing well or prospering, not surprisingly, but continues to pretend "to do the work of the Lord" and inviting the unsuspecting into it's fellowship.

About Copan...this is a bit of pretty accurate hearsay, but the church grapevine indicated a 9 month pentecostal "revival" conducted by a traveling evangelist abruptly ended due to an incident with a 15 yr old girl. And apparently, the traveling evangelist traveled on to molest some girl in another church down the line.

I am a Christian but I can tell you that I am disgusted by the way many churches cover up incidents of spiritual and sexual abuse by church members or church leadership, and I will not be party to such spiritual or legal crimes by participating in such churches. And neither should anyone else. No church is above the law, and no church is above the law of God making themselves a law unto themselves.

Meanwhile, these two churches I mentioned continue inviting people to "go to churrrrch" with them. I personally think they should hand out disclaimers stating they allow molestation in their churches and commit spiritual abuse in general. When churches invite the unsaved or morally unregenerate into their churches, they've already gone against scripture. The Lord's church is supposed to be the Body of Christ, not a haven for perverts and wicked people. If they want to do an outreach, then keep it separate from the church assembly and keep a close watch on the kids. The next child to be molested could be yours.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/hope-for-t...
Spiritual Abuse

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Another one bites the dust. Glory!

http://stopbaptistpredators.blogspot.com/
The Truth the Whole Truth

Collinsville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

It wouldn't be the first time, or probably the last.
Spiritual Abuse

Muskogee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

When is a "leader" above scrutiny? Never. However, this practice of "circling the wagons" in an attempt to protect idols has become a rather common practice, not only in the secular arena, but in the churches as well. Not just that, but also, hand in hand with protecting the guilty, I've noticed the seemingly uncaring apathy toward the victims of such crimes by those who should be more concerned about the state of those who have been harmed by such predators than they are about protecting the "reputation" of the predators. No one person is above scrutiny.

The Jerry Sandusky case for example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/12...

What has happened to our culture? Has it become so debauched that we have become desensitized to such things?
Spiritual Abuse

Sapulpa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

At least some churches are now dealing with this epidemic. Child molestation is a crime and not something to be covered up "because it's a church matter. Now, the question is, when are these fake 'pastors' going to stop disgracing the house of God with these crimes?

http://wtkr.com/2012/08/09/church-holds-meeti...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bartlesville Discussions

Search the Bartlesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 33 min Local Chick 62,159
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Loco Chick 2,359
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Wed JAG 11,263
Looking for a Roommate? Wed Red02 1
Sonic Wed Grof 2
The Moore's Apr 13 Curious 1
Dr. William Dougherty Apr 11 Mamie 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bartlesville Jobs

•••
•••