Are You Serious

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

This was the headlines in the Examiner newspaper today. The reporter is to be congratulated for checking into this issue which apparently has been a well kept secret by the City of Dewey, but I feel Dewey City manager is double speaking. He admits the place where the strays were kept is a "trailer", but then calls it a "shelter", and it seems he is stalling by placing all Dewey's plans and intentions about sheltering the strays out there in the nebulous future some place without giving a definitive answer. Perhaps he's hoping this issue will all blow over and people will forget about it. What about in the meantime? He says it costs hundreds of dollars to place one animal in the SPCA...that doesn't sound right. Perhaps SPCA should be contacted and asked?? Or someone needs to visit the so-called shelter.
http://www.ex aminer-
enterprise.com/articles/2010/12/21/news/news9...
Are You Serious

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Link Correction on the Dewey Animal Shelter Story:

This was the headlines in the Examiner newspaper today. The reporter is to be congratulated for checking into this issue which apparently has been a well kept secret by the City of Dewey, but I feel Dewey City manager is double speaking. He admits the place where the strays were kept is a "trailer", but then calls it a "shelter", and it seems he is stalling by placing all Dewey's plans and intentions about sheltering the strays out there in the nebulous future some place without giving a definitive answer. Perhaps he's hoping this issue will all blow over and people will forget about it. What about in the meantime? He says it costs hundreds of dollars to place one animal
in the SPCA...that doesn't sound right. Perhaps SPCA should be contacted and asked?? Or someone needs to visit the so-called shelter.

http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/articles/2...
Lets do better

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

It appears to me from the article that the CM is correcting the problem. Why don't we give him a chance to do what he says he's going to do and then see if it is correct. He hasn't been on board very long.
Animal Auschwitz

Grove, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Lets do better wrote:
It appears to me from the article that the CM is correcting the problem. Why don't we give him a chance to do what he says he's going to do and then see if it is correct. He hasn't been on board very long.
Well, so he says. He was talking to a newspaper reporter and on the spot, knowing that this was going to be made public, so he was making a lot of promises that may or may not be kept.

I would like to imagine that "trailer" had never been in existence in the first place, and would like to believe that it's not being used now, but pity the poor animals that could be put there, and probably will be until Dewey gets around to doing something humane with the strays they do pick up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bartlesville Discussions

Search the Bartlesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 4 hr So What 62,245
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Joyce 2,365
Looking for a Roommate? 8 hr curious 2
Dr. William Dougherty Sat Eds little abused 5
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Apr 16 JAG 11,263
Sonic Apr 16 Grof 2
The Moore's Apr 13 Curious 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bartlesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bartlesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE