OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62679 Feb 27, 2014
The Oklahoma Senate has approved a plan to cut the state's top individual income tax rate once revenue collections return to 2013 levels.

Well, the Republicans are really looking out for the wealthy aren't they...They plan to cut the state's TOP individual income tax rate...

Is that you? Bet not....

They want to cut their taxes while working up the anger for the working poor...you know the one's they don't want any help for them to get health insurance....call them sponges because they and their kids might need help with food.....but the poor working person is the bad guy....and that evil Obamacare.....but as long as they can keep you worked up about the gays and abortion...you never notice that they are raping the state of any prosperity.....

Poor Oklahoma
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62680 Feb 27, 2014
If Republican economic policies were correct...how come Republican Red States are the poorest in the nation?
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62681 Feb 27, 2014
BREAKING: Patriotic GOP Blocks Veterans Benefits Bill!

ABC is reporting that Senate GOP-ers have blocked the veterans bill from moving forward to a vote. The bill needed 60 votes to proceed, but the final tally was 56-41.

Although agreement on the need to expand benefits for veterans is usually a bipartisan issue, it was the amount of spending in the bill that Republican senators had a problem with.

Additionally, Republicans are still pushing for increased sanctions against Iran – a move that the Obama Administration and many international observers warn would be poorly-timed – and wanted to include a measure targeting the Islamic Republic with the veterans bill. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid previously blocked the Iran measure from being included.

“Shame on the Republicans for bringing base politics into a bill to help the veterans,” Reid said Thursday.

According to ABC News, the bill would have “improved benefits for veterans, including better health care and dental services provided by the VA. It also would have guaranteed post-9/11 veterans access to in-state tuition rates at public colleges and universities in any state.”

Yeah they care so much about the soldiers...they want to start a new war.....if they can't.....nothing for the vets....they so love their hostage taking.
DoesntMatter

United States

#62682 Feb 27, 2014
""Yeah they care so much about the soldiers...they want to start a new war.....if they can't.....nothing for the vets....they so love their hostage taking.""

If these veterans would just die, then we would not have all the expense they cause.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62684 Feb 27, 2014
Inhofe thinks it's better for the US to be perpetually at war...

Top Republicans Call for Return to Cold War

Top lawmakers on the House and Senate Armed Services said Thursday that the world would be better off if the Cold War was still on—and if Obama wasn’t cutting the defense budget.

The current crisis in the Ukraine and the looming crisis on the Korean Peninsula would be much easier to manage if the Cold War was still going strong, according to House Armed Services Committee Chairman Buck McKeon and Senate Armed Services Ranking Republican James Inhofe.

“I look back wistfully at the Cold War,” Inhofe said Thursday at a breakfast meeting with reporters.“There were two superpowers, they knew what we had, we knew what they had, mutually assured destruction meant something. It doesn’t mean anything anymore. Now we have these people who are not rational, not logical, they’re nuts.”

Irony thy name is Inhofe......."we have these people who are not rational, not logical, they’re nuts.”

Inhofe spent a whole year from 1958 to 1959 in the service...None of his kids or grandkids but....he sure want's your kids to serve...

But he loves war...he just hates paying for it...and paying for the ones that make it home....
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62685 Feb 27, 2014
Correction: Inhofe served in the Army from 1957 to 1958...wonder why just one year...Elvis had to serve out the two....
Ace

Greenbrier, AR

#62689 Feb 28, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
Correction: Inhofe served in the Army from 1957 to 1958...wonder why just one year...Elvis had to serve out the two....
Gays were not allowed in the military then.
Bud

Greenbrier, AR

#62690 Feb 28, 2014
He is not called "INHOLE" for nothing.
Bud

Greenbrier, AR

#62691 Feb 28, 2014
""None of his kids or grandkids but....he sure want's your kids to serve...""

Proxy kids!!!!!
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#62694 Feb 28, 2014
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) is causing outrage among some Americans after he blasted ObamaCare nightmare stories as being untrue.

“There’s plenty of horror stories being told. All of them are untrue … Lies distorted by Republicans to grab headlines,” Reid said.

This morning on Fox and Friends, Elisabeth Hasselbeck spoke to a mother who says her family is in the midst of an ObamaCare horror story.

Johanna Benthal, 17, was born with congenital malformations on her brain. She has undergone 89 surgeries. The most recent one was last night.

Johanna’s mom, Eileen Benthal, told Hasselbeck she was “offended” by Reid’s comments.“Here I was sitting at my daughter’s bedside, and I’ve spent the last three months – it’s been more than a part time job for me – to secure insurance after our termination happened in the fall.”

Eileen said they have lost one doctor and all out-of-state coverage. The family was left with three minor options that she described as “far less superior” to their previous coverage.

If Reid feels any regret for his offensive words, Eileen said to him,“I challenge you to make a donation to the Angioma Alliance in honor of Johanna Benthal.”

Last year, the Benthals' insurance company paid the $27K needed for Johanna to have neurodiagnostic testing at a University of Chicago clinic. With no out-of-state coverage as of March 1, the family is looking to the grassroots organization to cover the cost.

“I’d like [Reid] to put his money where his mouth is,” Benthal said.“I’d like him to pay $30,000 dollars to the Angioma Alliance and make that donation, and apologize to me and to the American people.”

Later this morning, another woman who saw her family's health insurance canceled under ObamaCare updated Martha MacCallum on her situation and also responded to Reid's comments.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#62695 Feb 28, 2014
Local Chick wrote:
the bible didnt have jesus being queer now did it.

God hates gays.
How do you know Jesus wasn't gay.
He only recruited men and never married
of had a girl friend. Apparently he was never
tempted by female flesh.

I'm glad you can speak for God.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#62698 Feb 28, 2014
During the 2008 presidential campaign, Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin warned that if Senator Barack Obama were elected president, his "indecision" and "moral equivalence" may encourage Russia's Vladimir Putin to invade Ukraine.
Palin said then:

After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next.

For those comments, she was mocked by the high-brow Foreign Policy magazine and its editor Blake Hounshell, who now is one of the editors of Politico magazine.

In light of recent events in Ukraine and concerns that Russia is getting its troops ready to cross the border into the neighboring nation, nobody seems to be laughing at or dismissing those comments now.

Hounshell wrote then that Palin's comments were "strange" and "this is an extremely far-fetched scenario."

"And given how Russia has been able to unsettle Ukraine's pro-Western government without firing a shot, I don't see why violence would be necessary to bring Kiev to heel," Hounshell dismissively wrote.

Palin made her remarks on the stump after Obama's running mate Joe Biden warned Obama supporters to "gird your loins" if Obama is elected because international leaders may test or try to take advantage of him.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62702 Feb 28, 2014
Safety Net Saved His Drunken A**, But Rep. Josh Miller Opposes Medicaid For Everyone Else

More than a decade ago, Arkansas Rep. Josh Miller (R) was in a catastrophic car accident that broke his neck and left him paralyzed. Medicare and Medicaid paid the $1 million bill for his hospitalization and rehabilitation.

But this week, as the Arkansas legislature has debated continuing its privatized Medicaid expansion under Obamacare, Miller has remained steadfast in his opposition.

The Arkansas Times highlighted the contrast in a Thursday report. The alternative newspaper reported that Miller receives ongoing coverage through the government programs, including Medicaid-covered personal care assistance.

The Times asked Miller, 33, about this apparent contradiction: Shouldn't someone who has experienced the benefits of health insurance, including insurance paid for by the government, understand the importance of expanding those benefits to others?

The difference, he said, is that some of the 100,000 people who have gained coverage through Arkansas's Medicaid expansion don't work hard enough or just want access to the program so they can purchase and abuse prescription drugs.

"My problem is two things," Miller said. "One, we are giving it to able-bodied folks who can work ... and two, how do we pay for it?"

Say what? How hard was Miller working when he broke his neck in a drunken car accident?

The accident that paralyzed Miller occurred about 11 years ago, the Times reported. He was driving with a friend, alcohol was involved, but Miller said he couldn't remember who was driving. When he arrived at the hospital with his life-changing injuries, he was uninsured.

If he's so into being a Republican, why didn't he refuse the government healthcare -- since he had no insurance of his own. If the government hadn't come to his rescue, I imagine he wouldn't have any kind of a life right now, but I guess he always knew how very exceptional he was.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#62704 Feb 28, 2014
I guess Sarah the Pain didn't notice all those Ukrainians, men, women and children coming out to protest and fight against their corrupt government...

Did she foresee that as well?

Well looks like Sarah is trying to get another reality show....Fortune teller...

Sarah....do you think Putin would have been quaking in his boots with you at the helm of government?

Ha ha ha ha
Zane

Sherwood, AR

#62707 Feb 28, 2014
You are spitting mad because your religion is not listed first on the Wikipedia page of world religions. There are an estimated 4200 world religions. You might be a victim of a huge threat to your religious freedom if your religion of choice is not listed FIRST. Let’s face it folks, the religion YOU practice is the most important one, right? Don’t stand for being third or fourth on anybody’s list. And most certainly don’t get caught praying to or worshipping a God who would stand for that kind of crap either! If this describes you, your religious freedom might indeed be threatened.
Packing Heat

Sherwood, AR

#62708 Feb 28, 2014
“If a woman has (the right to an abortion), why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman?” Packing Heat said in a press statement.“At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t (in most cases) result in anyone’s death.”
Lisa

Sherwood, AR

#62709 Feb 28, 2014
The Marshall Islands marks 60 years since the devastating US hydrogen bomb test at Bikini Atoll Saturday, with angry exiled residents saying they are too fearful ever to go home.

Part of the intense Cold War nuclear arms race, the 15-megaton Bravo test on March 1, 1954 was a thousand times more powerful than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

It vaporised one island and exposed thousands in the surrounding area to radioactive fallout.

As those who remember that terrifying day and younger generations gather in the Marshall Islands’ capital of Majuro to commemorate the anniversary, many exiles refuse to go back to the zones that were contaminated, despite US safety assurances.

“I won’t move there,” Evelyn Ralpho-Jeadrik, 33, said of her home atoll, Rongelap, which was engulfed in a snowstorm of fallout from Bravo and evacuated two days after the test.

“I do not believe it’s safe and I don’t want to put my children at risk.”

People returned to live on Rongelap in 1957 but fled again in 1985 amid fears — later proved correct — about residual radiation.

Rongelap, one of more than 60 in a necklace of coral islands, has been cleaned up as part of a US-funded $45 million programme, but Ralpho-Jeadrik has no intention of going back.

“I will be forever fearful. The US told my mother it was safe and they returned to Rongelap only to be contaminated again,” she said.

It is not just their homes which have been lost, says Lani Kramer, 42, a councilwoman in Bikini’s local government, but an entire swathe of the islands’ culture.

“As a result of being displaced, we’ve lost our cultural heritage — our traditional customs and skills, which for thousands of years were passed down from generation to generation,” she said.

Bikini islanders have lived in exile since they were moved for the first weapons tests in 1946, when Kramer’s own grandparents were evacuated.

When US government scientists declared Bikini safe for resettlement, some residents were allowed to return in the early 1970s.

But they were removed again in 1978 after ingesting high levels of radiation from eating local foods grown on the former nuclear test site.

-‘The sky turned red’-

“After they were exposed like that I can never trust what the US tells us (about Bikini),” said Kramer who says she wants justice for the generations forced to leave.

“We need to go to the US Congress. But no one, not my local government or the national government, is engaged with the US Congress on this issue right now.”
Lisa

Sherwood, AR

#62710 Feb 28, 2014
The US has expressed regret about islanders’ exposure to high doses of radiation during the Bravo test.

“While international scientists did study the effects of that accident on the human population unintentionally affected, the United States never intended for Marshallese to be hurt by the tests,” the US embassy in Majuro says on its website.

Acting US under secretary of state Rose Gottemoeller is participating in remembrance day activities in Majuro.

Also attending the week-long commemorations, which include a parade on Saturday, is 80-year-old Matashichi Oishi — one of 23 fishermen aboard the Japanese Lucky Dragon boat, which was 60 miles (100 kilometres) from the bomb.

“I remember the brilliant flash in the west, the frightening sound that followed, and the extraordinary sky which turned red as far as I could see,” he said.

All of the crew became sick and many died from their illnesses — their plight is well-known in Japan, with echoes of the victims at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

A visiting group of Japanese students from the Fukushima nuclear disaster zone have also been sharing their experiences.

“The government says ‘don’t worry’(about radiation exposure) but recently we’ve seen many cases of thyroid problems be confirmed in the Fukushima area,” said Kai Sato, a Fukushima University student.

“People don’t know what is the correct information to believe.”

US nuclear experiments in the Marshall Islands ended in 1958 after 67 tests.

But a UN report in 2012 said the effects were longlasting.

Special Rapporteur Calin Georgescu, in his report to the UN Human Rights Council, said that “near-irreversible environmental contamination” had led to the loss of livelihoods and many people continued to experience “indefinite displacement”.

The report called for the US to provide extra compensation to settle claims by nuclear-affected Marshall Islanders and end a “legacy of distrust”.

The Nuclear Claims Tribunal awarded more than $2 billion in personal injury and land damage claims arising from the nuclear tests, but stopped paying after a US-provided $150 million compensation fund was exhausted.
Packing Heat

Sherwood, AR

#62711 Feb 28, 2014
Bill O’Reilly retains title of America’s biggest gasbag
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#62714 Mar 1, 2014
Who would have guessed Putin would laugh on Obama's face because Putin knows Obama is blowing smoke . Even of Obama is a wuss, you would think his advisors and speech writers wouldn't let it show after Putin spanked Obama the first time. No ones scared of Obama except his own citizens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathleen Mecom Wed Arte 1
Jack A Morrison Apr 15 Trump 3
What happened to the Mullendore Murder Case (Aug '08) Apr 13 Caney Valley 1,416
Walgreens guy Apr 12 he overpaid 3
This sounds like a bad town. Is Barltesville, f... (Jul '10) Apr 9 Playboy city mangler 24
Tulsa molesters Mar 28 Sukit 1
Heather Dawson (Oct '16) Mar '17 Bville Swinger 7

Bartlesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlesville Mortgages