OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Packing Heat

Afton, OK

#60652 Feb 10, 2014
LBJ's "Great Society" was all about hand outs and teaching the poor that they were worthless without the government's help.

We now have generations raised to believe they cannot do anything of value, so why try?

With so many now dependent on government subsistence of hand outs I'm not certain how to convince them and their offspring to even seek an education and try to be and do more for themselves.
Packing Heat

Afton, OK

#60653 Feb 10, 2014
Hillary outstanding job! Egypt, Syria, Iran, Libya!

Now even the Saudi's hate Obama.

Was that the Hillary Plan?
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#60654 Feb 10, 2014
CBS Segment: Washington Children Lose Access To Doctors Due To ObamaCare

Maddy

United States

#60655 Feb 10, 2014
Packing Heat wrote:
Hillary outstanding job! Egypt, Syria, Iran, Libya!
Now even the Saudi's hate Obama.
Was that the Hillary Plan?
Mary Matalin: Hillary Won't Even Run

Saturday, 08 Feb 2014 03:10 PM

By Sandy Fitzgerald

The wide variety of potential candidates for the Republican presidential nomination boils down to one question in many quarters — which one can beat Hillary Clinton?

But to at least one powerful Republican consultant, Mary Matalin, the "Hillary" question is pointless.

"Hillary Clinton’s lead is ephemeral," Matalin told Politico Magazine. "As soon as she gets in, if she gets in, she will be challenged and it will evaporate. Just the nature of the beast. I predict she doesn’t run."

Matalin, who is married to former Clinton adviser James Carville, joined other key Republican figures in telling Politico Magazine that the field of potential GOP candidates is widely scattered. Like Matalin, most agreed that it's not so much a matter of who seeks the presidency, but what they stand for.

"The question is less "who" than "what," Matalin said. "Conservatives should lay down as their nonnegotiable, baseline candidate requirement an outcome-based, empirically demonstrable record or a policy agenda that has succeeded historically...our bedrock must be the Constitution, with an emphasis on enumerated powers."

That said, candidate skills will matter, and the chosen person must have "the fortitude born of unshakable confidence in our convictions. There are more than a few candidates who fit this bill. This is going to be a rocking great primary," Matalin said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/republican-pr...

==========

I assumed Hillary would run and I think most people are thinking that way but Mary Matalin has a very different point of view. What do you think?
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#60656 Feb 10, 2014
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>Mary Matalin: Hillary Won't Even Run

Saturday, 08 Feb 2014 03:10 PM

By Sandy Fitzgerald

The wide variety of potential candidates for the Republican presidential nomination boils down to one question in many quarters — which one can beat Hillary Clinton?

But to at least one powerful Republican consultant, Mary Matalin, the "Hillary" question is pointless.

"Hillary ClintonÂ’s lead is ephemeral," Matalin told Politico Magazine. "As soon as she gets in, if she gets in, she will be challenged and it will evaporate. Just the nature of the beast. I predict she doesnÂ’t run."

Matalin, who is married to former Clinton adviser James Carville, joined other key Republican figures in telling Politico Magazine that the field of potential GOP candidates is widely scattered. Like Matalin, most agreed that it's not so much a matter of who seeks the presidency, but what they stand for.

"The question is less "who" than "what," Matalin said. "Conservatives should lay down as their nonnegotiable, baseline candidate requirement an outcome-based, empirically demonstrable record or a policy agenda that has succeeded historically...our bedrock must be the Constitution, with an emphasis on enumerated powers."

That said, candidate skills will matter, and the chosen person must have "the fortitude born of unshakable confidence in our convictions. There are more than a few candidates who fit this bill. This is going to be a rocking great primary," Matalin said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/republican-pr...

==========

I assumed Hillary would run and I think most people are thinking that way but Mary Matalin has a very different point of view. What do you think?
She will run bc it's her "turn". It was set up this way.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#60657 Feb 10, 2014
Wow, I guess the wingnuts are having a Hillary Clinton Obsession day...

I think I'll pull out their much beloved wingnut tactic: " 'Repubs are SO scared of Hillary Clinton running against their whoever it is candidate their about to wet their pants"....We have two years to go...by then they will need meds..lol
Maddy

United States

#60658 Feb 10, 2014
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
She will run bc it's her "turn". It was set up this way.
That was my way of thinking about it also but Mary Matalin certainly isn't a newcomer on the scene of politics. Perhaps there is more to the rumors of Hillary's health issues?
Maddy

United States

#60659 Feb 10, 2014
NSA secret role in assassinations..

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/article/20...
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#60660 Feb 10, 2014
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>That was my way of thinking about it also but Mary Matalin certainly isn't a newcomer on the scene of politics. Perhaps there is more to the rumors of Hillary's health issues?
Hillary IS a health issue
Packing Heat

Afton, OK

#60661 Feb 10, 2014
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my way of thinking about it also but Mary Matalin certainly isn't a newcomer on the scene of politics. Perhaps there is more to the rumors of Hillary's health issues?

I like Mary Matilin and respect her voice pertaining to politics. I kind of think Hillary will die of a massive stroke before the 2016 elections. I don't think it will matter who runs on the Democrat ticket. Obamacare and the damage it does to our healthcare in this country will destroy the Democrat Party for years to come as it should.

The main focus is the mid-term elections right now. Even Davis Axelrod says the Senate is seriously at risk to the Democrat as does many others that support Democrats. Time will certainly tell.
Joyce

Arlington, TX

#60662 Feb 10, 2014
When Texas Attorney General and Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott compared the Rio Grande Valley to a “third-world country” earlier this week, progressives and the Latino community in south Texas hit the roof.

Democratic opponent State Sen. Wendy Davis (D-Fort Worth) called on Abbott “to apologize for his offensive and erroneous comment that problems facing South Texas resemble ‘third-world country practices that erode the social fabric of our communities and destroys Texans’ trust in government’” in a letter published in the south Texas publication The Monitor.

“While I agree we should ensure that law enforcement has the necessary resources throughout our state, it’s unfortunate that oftentimes the conversation around our border communities focuses solely on enforcement,” she wrote, taking issue with Abbott’s “divisive rhetoric” and calling for “leadership that is grounded in facts and is ready to open up new opportunities with trade and commerce which currently support hundreds of thousands of jobs in Texas.”

Abbott’s comments about corruption in south Texas elicited demands from lawmakers for him to walk back his comments,
Maddy

Arlington, TX

#60663 Feb 10, 2014
Abbot thinks the Rio Grande Valley is a third-world country and that's exactly how he would treat it if elected governor. Wake up people !
Liz

Arlington, TX

#60664 Feb 10, 2014
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker claims he voted for Reagan, math shows he was only 17

In an interview with the website RightWingNews.com , Wisconsin’s Gov. Scott Walker (R) claimed that as a young Republican, he voted for former President Ronald Reagan. Walker was promoting his new book, Unintimidated: A Governor’s Story and a Nation’s Challenge.

Right Wing News’ John Hawkins asked the governor about his view of what went wrong with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R)’s presidential campaign. Walker replied that Romney’s mistake was to make his whole campaign a referendum on President Barack Obama.

Ronald Reagan, Walker said, ran on more than just defeating President Jimmy Carter in 1980. Reagan’s campaign, he said, was “aspirational.”

“I remember, I was a teenager, had just become a teenager and voted for Ronald Reagan — limited government, you know, smaller government, lower taxes, strong national defense,” Walker said.

“You knew what you were getting. You knew how a Reagan administration, a Reagan presidency was going to be better for you,” he claimed.

However, as Blogging Blue pointed out, Walker is 46 years old, born on Nov. 2, 1967. On Election Day of 1980, he was 13 years old and in 1984, he was just 17 and not old enough to legally vote.
Dix

Arlington, TX

#60665 Feb 10, 2014
A Republican lied? Shocking!
Joyce

Arlington, TX

#60666 Feb 10, 2014
It's okay to lie, when you're lying for Jeebu$.
Lisa

Arlington, TX

#60667 Feb 10, 2014
Calm down people, no admitted Voter Fraud here, Walker is just doing what Republicans do. He's lying his ass off. Ha! Hoist by his own calculator!
Liz

Arlington, TX

#60668 Feb 10, 2014
Aw, come on! You know law breaking is OK when Republicans do it! How did you think Walker just knew that they needed Voter ID laws in Wisconsin?
Maddy

Arlington, TX

#60669 Feb 10, 2014
Another way of looking at it is that republicans think people are stupid, really really stupid. Their cynicism is just overwhelming. They've gotten away with it for so long that they don't even care - it's easier to lie than tell the truth with those folks.
Jenks

Arlington, TX

#60670 Feb 10, 2014
The only admitted case of voter fraud in Wisconsin. Isn't that a felony?
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#60671 Feb 10, 2014
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary IS a health issue
Yeah, a mental health issue for Republicans...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack A Morrison Apr 15 Trump 3
What happened to the Mullendore Murder Case (Aug '08) Apr 13 Caney Valley 1,416
Walgreens guy Apr 12 he overpaid 3
This sounds like a bad town. Is Barltesville, f... (Jul '10) Apr 9 Playboy city mangler 24
Tulsa molesters Mar 28 Sukit 1
Heather Dawson (Oct '16) Mar 25 Bville Swinger 7
Lonnie Joe Brown Mar '17 MeSpeaking48 2

Bartlesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlesville Mortgages