Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44331 Jul 1, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
A new Gallup poll finds that 43% of uninsured Americans remain unaware that under Obamacare they must obtain health insurance or face fines and penalties.
The poll, taken June 20-24, asked the following:“As you may know, under the terms of the Affordable Care Act, starting January 1 most Americans will be required to purchase health insurance or pay a fine. Were you aware of this before now?”
Eighty-one percent of respondents answered affirmatively, but only 56% of the critical uninsured segment of the population knew of the Obamacare requirement.
Under Obamacare, uninsured Americans will face a phased in penalty structure. In 2014, the fine will be $95 per person and will climb to $695 in 2016 for people who earn between $9,500 to $37,000 a year. From there, says Henry Blodget of Business Insider, the fines increase:
Less than $9,500 income =$0
$9,500 -$37,000 income =$695
$50,000 income =$1,000
$75,000 income =$1,600
$100,000 income =$2,250
$125,000 income =$2,900
$150,000 income =$3,500
$175,000 income =$4,100
$200,000 income =$4,700
Obamacare’s grand opening is set for January 2014.
It amazes me how many people are ignorant of what is going on with Obama's Healthcare and how it will affect them. You would think that being told by the government this is a big issue to EVERYONE that the percent of people not know what is going on would be lower.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44332 Jul 1, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>It amazes me how many people are ignorant of what is going on with Obama's Healthcare and how it will affect them. You would think that being told by the government this is a big issue to EVERYONE that the percent of people not know what is going on would be lower.
I agree. But this issue is like all the others. Amazing that people don't have a damn clue about ANYTHING that's going on. That's why we call them low information voters.

By the way, the media is not showing much of it but Egyptians are protesting again and this time it is much larger. They are protesting President Morsi, bc he is Muslim Brotherhood and they do not want to live under MB law. Christians are being murdered, tortured and beheaded their daily, as in Syria.

Guess what some of the Egyptian protest signs say?

"Wake up America. Obama supports a fascist government"

"Obama Supports Terrorists"

"Obama why are you supporting and aiding terrorists?"

Re: sending millions and fighter jets and tanks to Morsi then Kerry sending more money to them after Congress said no
So What

Mcloud, OK

#44333 Jul 1, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
A new Gallup poll finds that 43% of uninsured Americans remain unaware that under Obamacare they must obtain health insurance or face fines and penalties.
The poll, taken June 20-24, asked the following:“As you may know, under the terms of the Affordable Care Act, starting January 1 most Americans will be required to purchase health insurance or pay a fine. Were you aware of this before now?”
Eighty-one percent of respondents answered affirmatively, but only 56% of the critical uninsured segment of the population knew of the Obamacare requirement.
Under Obamacare, uninsured Americans will face a phased in penalty structure. In 2014, the fine will be $95 per person and will climb to $695 in 2016 for people who earn between $9,500 to $37,000 a year. From there, says Henry Blodget of Business Insider, the fines increase:
Less than $9,500 income =$0
$9,500 -$37,000 income =$695
$50,000 income =$1,000
$75,000 income =$1,600
$100,000 income =$2,250
$125,000 income =$2,900
$150,000 income =$3,500
$175,000 income =$4,100
$200,000 income =$4,700
Obamacare’s grand opening is set for January 2014.
Don't worry Oklahoma passed 756, so they will spend millions of our tax dollars fighting it, and they will cut the education budget some more, no big deal.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44334 Jul 1, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But this issue is like all the others. Amazing that people don't have a damn clue about ANYTHING that's going on. That's why we call them low information voters.
By the way, the media is not showing much of it but Egyptians are protesting again and this time it is much larger. They are protesting President Morsi, bc he is Muslim Brotherhood and they do not want to live under MB law. Christians are being murdered, tortured and beheaded their daily, as in Syria.
Guess what some of the Egyptian protest signs say?
"Wake up America. Obama supports a fascist government"
"Obama Supports Terrorists"
"Obama why are you supporting and aiding terrorists?"
Re: sending millions and fighter jets and tanks to Morsi then Kerry sending more money to them after Congress said no
You are right I haven't heard about this. But of late it could be my fault because of family, yard work and some projects going on around here I have not seen or read much about the news. That is why I like you and PH postings. You keep me up to date. Thanks for doing all the work for me.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#44335 Jul 1, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
The poll, most Americans will be required to purchase health insurance or pay a fine. Were you aware of this before now?
Eighty-one percent of respondents answered affirmatively,
but only 56% of the critical uninsured segment of the population knew of the Obamacare requirement

Forty-two percent say that in the long run, the law will make their family's healthcare situation worse; 22% say it will make it better. And almost half believe the law will make the healthcare situation in the U.S. worse; 34% say it will make it better.
Wow, like it really matters what the average common American
thinks. Especially the ' uninsured segment '.

Most American wouldn't know if the government were
actually giving away money for the asking. And the
ones that think they'll be worse off under Obamacare
have no facts to justify their senseless fears.

After all 34% still believe the moon landings were hoax.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44336 Jul 1, 2013
Obama says he needs $100M of taxpayer money to go to Africa. But if he is going to take his mother-in-law and niece along, it should constitute as a family vacation and he fork over some of that dough.

From White House Dossier:

In a move that can only fuel charges that his week-long trip to Africa is a de facto vacation, President Obama is taking his mother-in-law Marian Robinson and niece Leslie Robinson with him on Air Force One, which departed the United States this morning. Leslie is the daughter of First Lady Michelle Obamas brother Craig.

Obama is already being accompanied by Mrs. Obama and their daughters Sasha and Malia. Its not clear if other family members got aboard the presidential jet this morning. The press pool reporter, who eyed the Obama relatives, doesnt mention any.

The White House says the excursion is an important step toward building democracy and advancing U.S. strategic interests in Africa.

Now what does everyone think about the tax payers paying for Obama's Mother-in-law and niece to go to Africa on Air Force One?

DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44337 Jul 1, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Obama says he needs $100M of taxpayer money to go to Africa. But if he is going to take his mother-in-law and niece along, it should constitute as a family vacation and he fork over some of that dough.

In a move that can only fuel charges that his week-long trip to Africa is a de facto vacation, President Obama is taking his mother-in-law Marian Robinson and niece Leslie Robinson with him on Air Force One, which departed the United States this morning. Leslie is the daughter of First Lady Michelle Obama’s brother Craig.

Obama is already being accompanied by Mrs. Obama and their daughters Sasha and Malia. It’s not clear if other family members got aboard the presidential jet this morning. The press pool reporter, who eyed the Obama relatives, doesn’t mention any.

The White House says the excursion is an important step toward building democracy and advancing U.S. strategic interests in Africa.

Now what does everyone think about the tax payers paying for Obama's Mother-in-law and niece to go to Africa on Air Force One?
Oh they're already done with this. While he was there, he promised Africa $8 million of your money. He also told them they should have a transparent government LOL!!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44339 Jul 1, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh they're already done with this. While he was there, he promised Africa $8 million of your money. He also told them they should have a transparent government LOL!!
He asks the American people to sweat blood and tears and to pull their belts in to give the economy a chance and Obama just keeps on giving the taxpayer's money to everyone else and the debt just keeps on growing. I sure Obama has a good accountant when he leaves office because Obama will not have a printer that prints money or China anymore. I guess to Obama it is easy come and easy go and not worry about paying the bills to run this country.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44341 Jul 1, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>He asks the American people to sweat blood and tears and to pull their belts in to give the economy a chance and Obama just keeps on giving the taxpayer's money to everyone else and the debt just keeps on growing. I sure Obama has a good accountant when he leaves office because Obama will not have a printer that prints money or China anymore. I guess to Obama it is easy come and easy go and not worry about paying the bills to run this country.
It's all on purpose and by design.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44342 Jul 1, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all on purpose and by design.
I know. It is sad that he and who ever are getting away with it. The American people have become to trusting that our government would never waiver from our Constitution.
Zane

Grand Prairie, TX

#44343 Jul 1, 2013
Hey, just because I'm the only heterosexual male on this forum doesn't mean ya'll can't give me a warmer welcome...sheeeeeeeeeesh!!!
Stephen

Grand Prairie, TX

#44344 Jul 1, 2013
Remember, there's a fine line between being crazy like a fox, and crazy like FOX News.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44345 Jul 1, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
In a move that can only fuel charges that his week-long trip to Africa is a de facto vacation, President Obama is taking his mother-in-law Marian Robinson and niece Leslie Robinson with him on Air Force One, which departed the United States this morning. Leslie is the daughter of First Lady Michelle Obamas brother Craig.
Obama is already being accompanied by Mrs. Obama and their daughters Sasha and Malia. Its not clear if other family members got aboard the presidential jet this morning. The press pool reporter, who eyed the Obama relatives, doesnt mention any.

If it had been a one-way ticket, I would definately consider that a bargain except it would have been mandatory all the family load up and take that trip!

When I saw Obama standing in Mandela's old cell all I could think of was Lock the Door Quick, America's problem partly solved.
Dr Jones

Grand Prairie, TX

#44346 Jul 1, 2013
DoesntMatter goes to the Post Office to apply for a job. The interviewer asks him 'Are you allergic to anything?' He says 'Yes, just caffeine.'

'Have you ever been in the service?' the interviewer asks.'Yes,' he says,'I was in Iraq for two years.'

The interviewer says 'That will give you 5 extra points toward employment here. and then asks,'Are you disabled in any way?'

The guy says,'Yes... an IED exploded near me and blew my testicles clean off.'

The interviewer tells the guy 'O.K. In that case, I can hire you right now. Normal hours are from 8am to 4pm. You can start tomorrow at 10am, and plan on starting at 10am every day. Don't worry, we'll still pay you from 8am.'

The guy is puzzled and says 'If the hours are from 8am to 4pm, why don't you want me to be here before 10am?'

''This is a government job,' the interviewer says.'For the first two hours we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that.'
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44347 Jul 2, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I know. It is sad that he and who ever are getting away with it. The American people have become to trusting that our government would never waiver from our Constitution.
Here's some more lies for you, but no perjury charges

The US director of national intelligence, James Clapper, has attempted to head off criticism that he lied to Congress over the extent of government surveillance on American citizens, with a letter to senators in which he apologised for giving "erroneous" information.

Two weeks after telling NBC news that he gave the "least untruthful answer possible" at a hearing in March, Clapper wrote to the Senate intelligence committee to correct his response to a question about whether the National Security Agency "collected data on millions of Americans".

But the US senator who asked the question, Ron Wyden, said on Monday that Clapper's office had admitted in private that his answer was wrong, after the March hearing. Yet the intelligence chief only corrected the record on 21 June, when disclosures by the former NSA contractor Edward Snowden prompted weeks of intense public pressure.

"Senator Wyden is deeply troubled by a number of misleading statements senior officials have made about domestic surveillance in the past several years," said his spokesman, Tom Caiazza. "He will continue pushing for an open and honest debate about programs and laws that touch on the personal lives of ordinary Americans."

In the March hearing, Wyden grew frustrated that he could not get a "direct answer" from Clapper about a question the senator said he had been posing to the intelligence agencies in a series of letters for a year: when do US spies need a warrant to surveil Americans' communications?

"What I wanted to see is if you could give me a yes or no answer to the question: does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans," Wyden asked Clapper.

He responded: "No, sir, not wittingly. There are cases where they could inadvertently, perhaps, collect, but not wittingly."

After Snowden's disclosures in the Guardian threw a spotlight on Clapper's statement, he gave an interview to Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC, portions of which were first broadcast on 9 June. In the interview, Clapper explained the apparent inconsistency as a ploy to avoid revealing classified information.

On 18 June, Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, accused Clapper directly of lying, pointed out that lying on oath to Congress was a crime, and questioned whether he could continue in his position.

According to the latest revelation in the Washington Post on Monday, and confirmed by an Obama administration official, Clapper wrote to the Senate intelligence committee on 21 June, when he admitted directly that his answer was wrong. "My response was clearly erroneous – for which I apologize," Clapper said in the letter.

Clapper appeared to row back from his MSNBC statement that his March answer was calculated to avoid betraying confidential information. In the letter, Clapper said that he had misunderstood the question.

But Clapper did not say in the letter why he had taken him until June to correct the mistake. Senator Wyden's spokesman made it clear on Monday that the senator had made attempts to get Clapper to correct the record before the revelations in the Guardian, but was rebuffed. "Senator Wyden had a staff member contact the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on a secure phone line soon after the March hearing to address the inaccurate statement regarding bulk collection on Americans.

"The ODNI acknowledged that the statement was inaccurate but refused to correct the public record when given the opportunity. Senator Wyden's staff informed the ODNI that this was a serious concern.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44348 Jul 2, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I know. It is sad that he and who ever are getting away with it. The American people have become to trusting that our government would never waiver from our Constitution.
Here's some more lies for you and no perjury charges.

The US director of national intelligence, James Clapper, has attempted to head off criticism that he lied to Congress over the extent of government surveillance on American citizens, with a letter to senators in which he apologised for giving "erroneous" information.

Two weeks after telling NBC news that he gave the "least untruthful answer possible" at a hearing in March, Clapper wrote to the Senate intelligence committee to correct his response to a question about whether the National Security Agency "collected data on millions of Americans".

But the US senator who asked the question, Ron Wyden, said on Monday that Clapper's office had admitted in private that his answer was wrong, after the March hearing. Yet the intelligence chief only corrected the record on 21 June, when disclosures by the former NSA contractor Edward Snowden prompted weeks of intense public pressure.

"Senator Wyden is deeply troubled by a number of misleading statements senior officials have made about domestic surveillance in the past several years," said his spokesman, Tom Caiazza. "He will continue pushing for an open and honest debate about programs and laws that touch on the personal lives of ordinary Americans."

In the March hearing, Wyden grew frustrated that he could not get a "direct answer" from Clapper about a question the senator said he had been posing to the intelligence agencies in a series of letters for a year: when do US spies need a warrant to surveil Americans' communications?

"What I wanted to see is if you could give me a yes or no answer to the question: does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans," Wyden asked Clapper.

He responded: "No, sir, not wittingly. There are cases where they could inadvertently, perhaps, collect, but not wittingly."

After Snowden's disclosures in the Guardian threw a spotlight on Clapper's statement, he gave an interview to Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC, portions of which were first broadcast on 9 June. In the interview, Clapper explained the apparent inconsistency as a ploy to avoid revealing classified information.

On 18 June, Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, accused Clapper directly of lying, pointed out that lying on oath to Congress was a crime, and questioned whether he could continue in his position.

According to the latest revelation in the Washington Post on Monday, and confirmed by an Obama administration official, Clapper wrote to the Senate intelligence committee on 21 June, when he admitted directly that his answer was wrong. "My response was clearly erroneous – for which I apologize," Clapper said in the letter.

Clapper appeared to row back from his MSNBC statement that his March answer was calculated to avoid betraying confidential information. In the letter, Clapper said that he had misunderstood the question.

But Clapper did not say in the letter why he had taken him until June to correct the mistake. Senator Wyden's spokesman made it clear on Monday that the senator had made attempts to get Clapper to correct the record before the revelations in the Guardian, but was rebuffed. "Senator Wyden had a staff member contact the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on a secure phone line soon after the March hearing to address the inaccurate statement regarding bulk collection on Americans.

"The ODNI acknowledged that the statement was inaccurate but refused to correct the public record when given the opportunity. Senator Wyden's staff informed the ODNI that this was a serious concern.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#44349 Jul 2, 2013
Did you notice how many of the fallen
19 heroes killed in the Arizona Wildfire
were black ?

All of them, and crispy too.

Turns out this elite unit was just
another bunch of not too bright government employees.

Looks like there are more openings for
' The best of the best '.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44350 Jul 2, 2013
This is what they do all the time and expect us to believe the things that they spew out of their mouths. But nothing will happen. Almost every person in the top of this administration has perjured themselves and it makes no difference

The most senior US intelligence official told a Senate oversight panel that he “simply didn’t think” of the National Security Agency’s efforts to collect the phone records of millions of Americans when he testified in March that it did “not wittingly” snoop on their communications.

James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, made the comments in a letter to the Senate intelligence committee, released in full for the first time on Tuesday.

Portions of the letter, in which Clapper apologised for giving “clearly erroneous” testimony at a March hearing of the committee, were first reported by the Washington Post on Monday. Clapper had previously said that his answer to the committee was the “least untruthful” one he could publicly provide.

In the full letter, Clapper attempted to explain the false testimony by saying that his recollection failed him.“I simply didn’t think of Section 215 of the Patriot Act,” he wrote to committee chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (Democrat, California) on 21 June, referring to the legal provision cited to justify the mass collection of Americans’ phone data, first disclosed by the Guardian.

Clapper is under intense pressure from legislators displeased by his March testimony to the Senate intelligence committee’s Ron Wyden (Democrat, Oregon) that the NSA did “not wittingly” collect, as Wyden put it,“any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans.”

In his newly released letter, Clapper told Feinstein that his remarks were “clearly erroneous,” and he issued them because he was thinking instead of a different aspect of surveillance, the internet content collection of persons NSA believes to be foreigners outside of the United States.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44351 Jul 2, 2013
Admin. providing additional year before Obamacare mandatory employer + insurer reporting requirements begin http://t.co/UsxWMTlDe7

Disaster
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#44352 Jul 2, 2013
Translation: Delay it until after elections so the people won't know what a train wreck it is and vote in republicans to repeal it. Suckas!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Chairman, CEO Of Phillips Petroleum C.J.... Dec 25 ADS 1
Debate: Marijuana - Bartlesville, OK (Aug '10) Dec 23 Amarea 28
Review: Boulevard Diner (May '10) Dec 19 KitchenNightmares 22
Kitchen Cabinet Maker Nov '14 billstacy 4
Review: Denali Vapor LTD (May '13) Nov '14 Phil 18
Rancher ( E.C. Mullendore) (Jun '08) Nov '14 scott 132
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bartlesville, OK (Jan '12) Oct '14 Straight Guy 18
Bartlesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web