OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

So What

Mcloud, OK

#41575 May 26, 2013
Zane wrote:
Workfare not welfare. You receive benefits then the percentage of welfare has to be matched by workfare to continue to receive benefits. They don't drain the system and will allow the children to understand everyone pays their way.
This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.

Give Senator Clark Jolly a call and ask him what he wants to ban. his answer will be birth control.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41576 May 26, 2013
And then ask him how many kids has he adopted.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#41577 May 26, 2013
Well one thing good that came out of the tornados is it has made an impression on my 24yr old granddaughter to put a storm cellar in the house she bought this last Nov. I hope more people see the need to do the same.

Hope this Memorial Weekend is a good one for everyone!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#41578 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text> This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.
Give Senator Clark Jolly a call and ask him what he wants to ban. his answer will be birth control.
I guarantee every woman in this state and thru out the country would be on the backs of whom ever would pass to ban birth control. There would be no age limit to who would fight this!
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41579 May 26, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Well one thing good that came out of the tornados is it has made an impression on my 24yr old granddaughter to put a storm cellar in the house she bought this last Nov. I hope more people see the need to do the same.
Hope this Memorial Weekend is a good one for everyone!
You have a great one to.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#41580 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.

This is what was said and done. No ones trying to ban birth control. They are trying to not force employers to provide coverages that goes against their religious beliefs. It is the same argument as Obamacare. You can still get birth control. Please stop claiming to be independent because the more you talk, the more you show that you are a progressive.

. What if the Federal Government forced you to do something against your religion? That's what many businesses across the Nation are saying about President Obama's health care mandate. So, one state lawmaker is stepping up to the plate, going against the Federal Government in favor of the state.

"I have a physician in my district. He's a devout Catholic. He's also taken the hypocratic oath to do no harm," says Republican Senator Clark Jolley, of Edmond.

Dr. Dominic Pedulla, a doctor in the Metro, approached Sen. Jolley because he believes that hypocratic oath applies to the unborn, as well. "He was offering insurance to his employees, but he discovered health insurance covered abortion and birth control, which violates the tenants of his faith," says Sen. Jolley.

"Where you treasure is, there your heart is. Whatever you're paying for and providing, you are agreeing with," says Dr. Pedulla.

"He talked to his Bishop and the Bishop told him he's sinning by offering those coverages," says Sen. Jolley, who is now introducing a bill to change that. "At least as far as Oklahoma law would be concerned, you would not have to have coverage for something you had a religious or moral objection to," says Sen. Jolley. Under the bill, services related to abortion or contraception could be excluded from policies, if an employer chooses. If an employee wished to buy them, they would need to pay out of pocket. "We're protecting Oklahomans and what Oklahoma values are," says Sen. Jolley.

But, there's one problem-- Federal law trumps state law. "If the Federal Government keeps running over the states, then this bill will mean absolutely nothing," says Sen. Jolley. But, he hopes the numerous lawsuits against the health care mandate, like Hobby Lobby's, will put control back in the state's hands. "That's the way we have been doing it. That's the way the states have been dealing with insurance-- is on a state-based regulation. That's the way it should be," says Sen. Jolley.

If the states ever gain back some sort of regulation, Oklahoma would already have a framework in place.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#41581 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.

His point was this doctor believes it is poison so why should he have to provide coverage to his employees that goes against what he believes? Why should he pay for something that he doesn't agree with?

Jolley did not say he agreed with his views on birth control and he's not trying to ban birth control.

Damn people, you can go to the health department and get birth control free. Condoms are fairly cheap at Walmart and if you can't afford condoms, you probably shouldn't be doing things that might cause you to have a bay that you can't afford. Just a thought.

Personal responsibility.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41582 May 26, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what was said and done. No ones trying to ban birth control. They are trying to not force employers to provide coverages that goes against their religious beliefs. It is the same argument as Obamacare. You can still get birth control. Please stop claiming to be independent because the more you talk, the more you show that you are a progressive.
. What if the Federal Government forced you to do something against your religion? That's what many businesses across the Nation are saying about President Obama's health care mandate. So, one state lawmaker is stepping up to the plate, going against the Federal Government in favor of the state.
"I have a physician in my district. He's a devout Catholic. He's also taken the hypocratic oath to do no harm," says Republican Senator Clark Jolley, of Edmond.
Dr. Dominic Pedulla, a doctor in the Metro, approached Sen. Jolley because he believes that hypocratic oath applies to the unborn, as well. "He was offering insurance to his employees, but he discovered health insurance covered abortion and birth control, which violates the tenants of his faith," says Sen. Jolley.
"Where you treasure is, there your heart is. Whatever you're paying for and providing, you are agreeing with," says Dr. Pedulla.
"He talked to his Bishop and the Bishop told him he's sinning by offering those coverages," says Sen. Jolley, who is now introducing a bill to change that. "At least as far as Oklahoma law would be concerned, you would not have to have coverage for something you had a religious or moral objection to," says Sen. Jolley. Under the bill, services related to abortion or contraception could be excluded from policies, if an employer chooses. If an employee wished to buy them, they would need to pay out of pocket. "We're protecting Oklahomans and what Oklahoma values are," says Sen. Jolley.
But, there's one problem-- Federal law trumps state law. "If the Federal Government keeps running over the states, then this bill will mean absolutely nothing," says Sen. Jolley. But, he hopes the numerous lawsuits against the health care mandate, like Hobby Lobby's, will put control back in the state's hands. "That's the way we have been doing it. That's the way the states have been dealing with insurance-- is on a state-based regulation. That's the way it should be," says Sen. Jolley.
If the states ever gain back some sort of regulation, Oklahoma would already have a framework in place.
I see a lot about religion. Doesn't the 1st amendment have something to say about that?

If your referring to Hobby Lobby, did you know that they don't have any problems with vasectomy. Oklahoma voted to ratify the
equal rights amendment in 1972.

Just like NRA's complaint if you start infringing on rights were does it end.

All Jolly is doing is pandering to the Christian vote.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41583 May 26, 2013
It's nice to see people can trade points of views without insults. Have a good Memorial Day. Thank God we are able to do this, and remember the ones that died for it.
Zane

United States

#41584 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text> This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.
Stick to the subject? Who peed in your corn flakes sister? No one is wanting to ban birth control ridiculous!

Go take a pain pill your developing a snarkie attitude.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41585 May 26, 2013
Zane wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to the subject? Who peed in your corn flakes sister? No one is wanting to ban birth control ridiculous!
Go take a pain pill your developing a snarkie attitude.
Wasn't referenced to you Zane. Don't get your panties in a knot.
Good Night
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#41586 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I see a lot about religion. Doesn't the 1st amendment have something to say about that?

If your referring to Hobby Lobby, did you know that they don't have any problems with vasectomy. Oklahoma voted to ratify the
equal rights amendment in 1972.

Just like NRA's complaint if you start infringing on rights were does it end.

All Jolly is doing is pandering to the Christian vote.
The 1st amendment says you have freedom of religion. That includes this doctor and Hobby Lobby

Jolley is pandering to equal rights for everyone. You don't get to force people to do things that are against their religion. That's why our great founding fathers gave us the 1st amendment in the first place.

Hobby Lobby is free to believe whatever they choose, just like you and I. It's not mine or anyone else's business what they choose to believe in.

Now, no one is trying to ban birth control. Period.

Zane

United States

#41587 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Night
Don't make snarkie comments and expect people to overlook your bad attitude.

Happy pill popping.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41588 May 26, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1st amendment says you have freedom of religion. That includes this doctor and Hobby Lobby
Jolley is pandering to equal rights for everyone. You don't get to force people to do things that are against their religion. That's why our great founding fathers gave us the 1st amendment in the first place.
Hobby Lobby is free to believe whatever they choose, just like you and I. It's not mine or anyone else's business what they choose to believe in.
Now, no one is trying to ban birth control. Period.
It's more of a equal rights issue. Birth control is birth control. Vasectomy is birth control. Were in the bible does it say it is OK for man, but not for woman. Hobby Lobbys' views are hypocritical.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41589 May 26, 2013
Zane wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy pill popping.
It was a joke sorry I didn't put in :) If your looking to trade insults your wasting your time.
Jonny

United States

#41590 May 26, 2013
Zane wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy pill popping.
Geez, she was posting on another site a bogus post I might add don't exactly know why she bothered since on this thread she claimed she was done for the nite...confused I guess.

I read everyone's post and she was directing her criticism toward you and you called her on it then she says she was responding to someone else...really then why did she pop off her mouth and post to you? Doesn't make any sense. The last post was it was all a joke...what the hell?

Don't blame you one bit for setting the record straight! Maybe the meds she said she taking are effecting her...not in a good way!
Jake

United States

#41591 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Night
U wacked?
Jake

United States

#41592 May 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>It was a joke sorry I didn't put in :) If your looking to trade insults your wasting your time.
tweeker chick, lol
Jake

United States

#41593 May 27, 2013
Jonny wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, she was posting on another site a bogus post I might add don't exactly know why she bothered since on this thread she claimed she was done for the nite...confused I guess.
I read everyone's post and she was directing her criticism toward you and you called her on it then she says she was responding to someone else...really then why did she pop off her mouth and post to you? Doesn't make any sense. The last post was it was all a joke...what the hell?
Don't blame you one bit for setting the record straight! Maybe the meds she said she taking are effecting her...not in a good way!
She's a tweeker I tell u. Ive seen um and I know how they act.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#41594 May 27, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>

I heard WarForOil lives in a trailerpark in Grapevine.
You post idiocy without any basis.

Langley on the other hand is a dump.
The per capita income of Langley Oklahoma is $11,542.
As of 2010 the population of Langley was 819.
21.0% of the population is worthless Indians.

My house is worth more than the entire town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mother Of Missing Child Charged With Murder (Feb '06) Jul 25 anon 47
free rent for a year for the right family Jul 24 nojoke 1
Nightclub/Bar Jul 24 curious 2
News Bartlesville group continues to struggle with h... Jul 24 curious 1
Voice of the Martyrs Scandal: What Really Happe... Jul 13 SpiritualAbuseSan... 1
Review: Denali Vapor LTD (May '13) Jul 9 Kalli 23
tina davis Jun 30 old friend 1

Bartlesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlesville Mortgages