1,482 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#41545 May 26, 2013
In for a short break. Just been catching up to who's been post what.
Just been wondering if Miss Justi got to see her hero today. Maybe he stop there at her husband's place to get a bite to eat before leaving town. Just a thought:
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#41546 May 26, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
And by the way, I decided a year ago not to try to explain things to people who I know have no intent to listen or to try to understand what they have their minds made up about and will never budge on. Religion, tea party, the differences in the different sects of the right, I.e libertarian, conservative, GOP, etc, It's a waste of time.
I took the time to explain to Tamara the other day of why I know we don't need FEMA bc I knew she would read it and consider it, even if it may not have changed her opinion. This is why I do not argue or try to explain things to people like Warforoil or Justaminute. Facts mean nothing to people like this, they will find a reason to justify whatever fits their narrative.
So I won't argue it with you, but I will explain the truth to you
I did appreciate you explaining what you meant by not needing fema. Have given it alot of thought. I am believing that the people of this country are becoming to dependant on the government to take care of them. I do think many take advantage of getting government benefits. I know personally of some that do and they have not had any tragedy for an excuse.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41547 May 26, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I did appreciate you explaining what you meant by not needing fema. Have given it alot of thought. I am believing that the people of this country are becoming to dependant on the government to take care of them. I do think many take advantage of getting government benefits. I know personally of some that do and they have not had any tragedy for an excuse.
Are they called Senior Citizens?
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41548 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Are they called Senior Citizens?
Food for thought.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#41549 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Are they called Senior Citizens?
No. This couple in their middle 30's comes to mind. Has been trying to get a photography business going since he graduated from college. Him and his wife have 3 kids. Never had their own health insurance so after the first kid was born they went on food stamps and sooner care. Then they had 2 more kids. Bought a house through govenment loans and help from parents. Still on food stamps and soonercare but the photography business is doing good to be open 3 days out of the week. The kicker the house they bought had an above ground pool and they can afford to open it up. Pools are not cheap to run. To catch up on the building they rent for the business they had to get money from her folks. But they maybe work 3 days a week. No Senior citizens that I know. I am sure there are people like the family I am talking about.
Donnie

United States

#41550 May 26, 2013
Zane wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept this award in the spirit of Andrew Breitbart to always seek the TRUTH. Can I get my helmet and flack jacket in camo? I found it effective to sneak up on unsuspecting progressive liberals and then BLAST the truth full force. They often fall over in shock....first time cells in their brains fire up and begin processing information....don't worry it's non-life threatening.
Is that how you and "Jangles" figured who was doing what on this and other threads?

LOL!
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41551 May 26, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>No. This couple in their middle 30's comes to mind. Has been trying to get a photography business going since he graduated from college. Him and his wife have 3 kids. Never had their own health insurance so after the first kid was born they went on food stamps and sooner care. Then they had 2 more kids. Bought a house through govenment loans and help from parents. Still on food stamps and soonercare but the photography business is doing good to be open 3 days out of the week. The kicker the house they bought had an above ground pool and they can afford to open it up. Pools are not cheap to run. To catch up on the building they rent for the business they had to get money from her folks. But they maybe work 3 days a week. No Senior citizens that I know. I am sure there are people like the family I am talking about.
They are on these programs because they are low income. If they are doing 3 days of work in photography they should be doing well enough to stay off the low income programs. They are probably not reporting all income. Which means they are cheating the system.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41552 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>They are on these programs because they are low income. If they are doing 3 days of work in photography they should be doing well enough to stay off the low income programs. They are probably not reporting all income. Which means they are cheating the system.
They think it is OK because they are not having to pay the Big Bad Tax Man. Guess who has to take up their slack?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#41553 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>They are on these programs because they are low income. If they are doing 3 days of work in photography they should be doing well enough to stay off the low income programs. They are probably not reporting all income. Which means they are cheating the system.
So you are OK with someone having pools and such and getting food stamps and soonercare? I said they were doing good to work 3 days out of the week. I dinot believe that would provide for a family of 5. If they can afford to run a pool they should be off of food stamps and sooner care. Now that is how I look at it. Most people I know works 'at least' 5 days out of the week and 8 hours or more in a day. Depending on the job they have will depend in what they can afford to have. And even at best most families now days both the husband and wife work.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41554 May 26, 2013
As for soonercare or as I refer to it, Oklahoma's socialized medical program. At least their children should be receiving medical and dental care, things that would not be provided to them other wise. This is where socialized medicine is needed to prevent long term health problems for these children, because their parents are teaching them how to suck off the system. The thing we need is for them NOT to have major health problems, that is the BIG drain of our tax money.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41555 May 26, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>So you are OK with someone having pools and such and getting food stamps and soonercare? I said they were doing good to work 3 days out of the week. I dinot believe that would provide for a family of 5. If they can afford to run a pool they should be off of food stamps and sooner care. Now that is how I look at it. Most people I know works 'at least' 5 days out of the week and 8 hours or more in a day. Depending on the job they have will depend in what they can afford to have. And even at best most families now days both the husband and wife work.
I know a photographer. he has told me if he can work one day a week it covers the bills. But he turns down more work than he can handle and makes a killing. If he does 3 weddings plus his normal business a month he is fat and happy. The people you are talking about maybe starving artists, but probably just don't care about how much business they could do because they are satisfied with living off the system.
Zane

United States

#41556 May 26, 2013
Workfare not welfare. You receive benefits then the percentage of welfare has to be matched by workfare to continue to receive benefits. They don't drain the system and will allow the children to understand everyone pays their way.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41557 May 26, 2013
I am never OK with someone that is able-bodied and mind not being a productive citizen.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#41558 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>This type of person has a very high level of racism, all the Tea Party want to bees I've met are, and one of them even flew a small plane into a IRS building in Austin TX killing someone.

I believe these are the reasons IRS targeted them, not because Obama told them to. Do I believe it was wrong? It sure sounds like an abuse of power to me. But vindictiveness is human nature, more than it is political.
Well like I said. You've already formed an uninformed opinion and I'm not going to argue with you about it.. And what the IRS did, which you, like Just, have no clue about because you refuse to read the report, is wrong and is not okay just because you don't like someone.

And please do not go slapping labels into someone that does something stupid and try to paint everyone else with the same brush because I promise the list I could put up of the left is longer than yours.

I'm sure there are racists in the Tea Party just as I know the Democratic Party is FULL of them, some on this board. But it does not make the Yea Party or democrats racist as a whole.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#41559 May 26, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
No, I haven't seen "Hating Breitbart" yet but thanks to you it is on the schedule to be watched TODAY!
Thank You!
Here's a Trailer of the movie for those interested too.
Hating Breitbart - Behind the Scenes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dT3t-t3srBEXX

"Occupy Unmasked" THE WHOLE MOVIE is downloading right now FOR FREE, to be viewed as soon as the pop-corn is done and the beer gets cold, lol.
For those who would like to do the same, lol, click here to start and get to popping, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Cool. I also watched Occupy Unmasked before Hating Breitbart. A lot of it I already knew and I don't think they took it deep enough because Breitbarr knew there was a whole lot more to Occupy as do I, but it did show what the far left is really like. I laughed at the hypocrisy. I have never seen a tea party do anything near what those people did.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#41560 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
As for soonercare or as I refer to it, Oklahoma's socialized medical program. At least their children should be receiving medical and dental care, things that would not be provided to them other wise. This is where socialized medicine is needed to prevent long term health problems for these children, because their parents are teaching them how to suck off the system. The thing we need is for them NOT to have major health problems, that is the BIG drain of our tax money.
I know it is not the kids fault. I am not blaming the kids. I am blame their oarent because they are lazy and think it is ok to live off the government and it seems their oarent also. But then for their parents to allow this they have no one to blame but themselves.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#41561 May 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I know a photographer. he has told me if he can work one day a week it covers the bills. But he turns down more work than he can handle and makes a killing. If he does 3 weddings plus his normal business a month he is fat and happy. The people you are talking about maybe starving artists, but probably just don't care about how much business they could do because they are satisfied with living off the system.
Well I know this photographer does not get 3 weddings a month every month. As far as regular business in a small town would not be much. This family does not live in Oklahoma City or the surrounding towns like Edmond. Like I said if you can not provide for a family of 5 and make rent payments on the building you are renting then I cannot see how you could claim to be fat and happy.
Your last statement "but probably just don't care about how much business the could do because the are satisfied with living off the system." But then if he business is not there I say it time they take on something else to earn a living!
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41562 May 26, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well like I said. You've already formed an uninformed opinion and I'm not going to argue with you about it.. And what the IRS did, which you, like Just, have no clue about because you refuse to read the report, is wrong and is not okay just because you don't like someone.
And please do not go slapping labels into someone that does something stupid and try to paint everyone else with the same brush because I promise the list I could put up of the left is longer than yours.
I'm sure there are racists in the Tea Party just as I know the Democratic Party is FULL of them, some on this board. But it does not make the Yea Party or democrats racist as a whole.
Never said I had a Problem with The Tea Party, in fact I believe that they serve a very important purpose. I believe your question was why they had a bad reputation about racism. Are you sure you read everything I had written?
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41563 May 26, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well I know this photographer does not get 3 weddings a month every month. As far as regular business in a small town would not be much. This family does not live in Oklahoma City or the surrounding towns like Edmond. Like I said if you can not provide for a family of 5 and make rent payments on the building you are renting then I cannot see how you could claim to be fat and happy.
Your last statement "but probably just don't care about how much business the could do because the are satisfied with living off the system." But then if he business is not there I say it time they take on something else to earn a living!
Photography is a word of mouth business. Maybe they just aren't very good. The one I know travels all over. Your probably right it is time they found work elsewhere to supplement their income. But that would take wanting to be a productive citizen.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#41564 May 26, 2013
If everyone would pay their taxes, we would only have our politicians to blame for the reckless spending.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edmond Man Accused of Lewd Acts With 14-Year-Ol... Sun Lisa 2
Does anyone know where KAREN BLUE, (formerly Re... Sat Kerusso_1 2
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Oct 16 Selfridge 25
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bartlesville, OK (Jan '12) Oct 14 Brian_G 15
Review: Denali Vapor LTD (May '13) Oct 13 Sherylle 16
Dr. Rumph Oct 7 soon to be mom 2
labor and delivery at jph?? Oct 7 soon to be mom 1
Bartlesville Dating
Find my Match

Bartlesville Jobs