Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree with you there. He gives a terrible name to Republicans. He thinks a sawn-off shotty does more damage than a fully-automatic with a double drum >:p
Never said that.
Round for round.
one round 3 inch mag. with oo buckshot VS one round 223
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
You also might brush up on the use of commas in a sentences too.
BaaBaa

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>Never said that.
Round for round.
one round 3 inch mag. with oo buckshot VS one round 223
That's an irrelevant comparison because of accuracy, recoil and the firing rate. Trying to tell me that a single round of buckshot has the spread to suppress a crowd is both asinine and completely incorrect.
School

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, your one of those that can't deal with reality. That's why men had to invent some kind of God. And an after life. No proof just faith. But when reality comes and bites them on the butt, oh boy that will be fun. Like I said, your grandkids are going to pay for your adherence to ignorance.
But you have enough "faith" to believe there isn't a GOD?
School

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>BaaBaa
Not to worry justaminute's posts are full of mispellings ask anyone whose read this thread for any period of time!

LOL
School

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
Or the Earth could become another Mars.
You know, in the scheme of things, life on earth has been but a blimp in time.
Astronomers have a long algebraic formula (help put together by Carl Sagan) to determine if life like we know it is to be found on other planets. The last 'x' in the equation is whether on a planet human life still exists and if they lived through time and didn't succumb to events that they brought onto themselves. Like a nuclear war which resulted in nuclear winter that made them go extinct. Or some other cataclysmic event.
Our atmosphere is just a teny tiny layer that surrounds the earth. Once that is gone, we're gone. Finished. Caput. Sionarya.
Why do you think scientist at NASA are trying to find signs that Mars has water of some kind or other elements that can sustain life?
Plus it might be kind of nice if we have somewhere else to go after humans destroy the planet that we are on, don't you think?
Your gun is going to do diddly if you don't have air to breathe.
You could heat a home the entire winter from all the HOT air you blow!
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

School wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, plus with all the methane gas that hovers wherever justabullshitter roams we should have an EPA regulation against her. It would be a better world without her contributions!
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
You also might brush up on the use of commas in a sentences too.
You have nothing to say so you NIT PICK. hehehe

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

School wrote:
<quoted text>
While the information he presents is correctly inferred, he fails to correlate it to gun control, mainly because even he knows how idiotic that argument is. Frankly, there is absolutely no reason to ban citizen arms (other than one's absolute acceptance of a liberal bias). Yes, there are accessories to guns that should inherently be banned (like double drums, Jesus Christ). There are some styles of guns that should be limited to licensed personnel (M16 home defense, my ass). Still, banning firearms in entirety is a terrible idea for a nation that openly trades and stars all sorts of import mechanisms in different shapes and sizes. You literally cannot prevent guns from existing in the United States. Banning them just makes the issue worse.

Saying "Guns won't help you when you run out of air" is an incredibly asinine thing to say. You *do* realize that we have space startups such as Planetary Resources cropping up with plans to activate as early as 2015 for corporatized space travel, correct? You *do* realize that SpaceX plans to put teams on Mars for base terraforming prep and scientific research as early as 2021, correct? Asteroid mining and jet-engine-to-spacecraft blueprints are stacked directly on NASA's blueprints for singularity-powered FTL travel. Claiming we're going to run out of air is a trumpeted ode to your colossal dearth of intellect, friend.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
While the information he presents is correctly inferred, he fails to correlate it to gun control, mainly because even he knows how idiotic that argument is. Frankly, there is absolutely no reason to ban citizen arms (other than one's absolute acceptance of a liberal bias). Yes, there are accessories to guns that should inherently be banned (like double drums, Jesus Christ). There are some styles of guns that should be limited to licensed personnel (M16 home defense, my ass). Still, banning firearms in entirety is a terrible idea for a nation that openly trades and stars all sorts of import mechanisms in different shapes and sizes. You literally cannot prevent guns from existing in the United States. Banning them just makes the issue worse.
Saying "Guns won't help you when you run out of air" is an incredibly asinine thing to say. You *do* realize that we have space startups such as Planetary Resources cropping up with plans to activate as early as 2015 for corporatized space travel, correct? You *do* realize that SpaceX plans to put teams on Mars for base terraforming prep and scientific research as early as 2021, correct? Asteroid mining and jet-engine-to-spacecraft blueprints are stacked directly on NASA's blueprints for singularity-powered FTL travel. Claiming we're going to run out of air is a trumpeted ode to your colossal dearth of intellect, friend.
The gov. has no right telling us what kind of gun to own.

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>The gov. has no right telling us what kind of gun to own.
No, the government really does.

It's all about education. When you give trained members of an organization firearms, they are likely to use them only when necessary. All it takes to convince a standard person to use a gun irresponsibly is a bad day and firearm availability. It psychologically compounds as a temptation with added firearm customization, the same way that custom vehicle modifications psychologically create more agressive drivers. After multiple studies were conducted, researchers found a direct corellation between modification and abuse. People start to see their modified goods as an extension of themselves. Pair that with the presence of fatality and you have a terrible blend of human angst and killing ability.

Home defense? I'm all for it. I love the "Make My Day" laws. I'm a large supporter of armed guards in schools and other agoras.

Flash suppressants and shaved pins? Screw that.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Gov.
tells us to buy health insurance.
tells us how much taxes to pay.
tells us what to eat and drink.
tells us what kind of litebulb to use
tells us where to hunt & fish
tells us lies all time
tells us we'r terriost
tells us there is fiscal cliff
We need to them to get out of our lives.

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Elohimsokie wrote:
Gov.
tells us lies all time
tells us we'r terriost
Well, they DO definitely fit most of this description with false accusations. Some of these, I agree with. Others, I do not.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Our government has to set in place laws for everyone. But what they need to learn to do is to learn to know what laws to implement without going to far. But on the other hand if everyone did what they are suppose to do then maybe the government would have to over step to much in our citizens lives.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sorry I left something out. It should be 'would not' instead of just 'would'.

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
Our government has to set in place laws for everyone. But what they need to learn to do is to learn to know what laws to implement without going to far. But on the other hand if everyone did what they are suppose to do then maybe the government would have to over step to much in our citizens lives.
Unfortunately, that is an impossibility for human societies.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Elohimsokie wrote:
Gov.
tells us lies all time
tells us we'r terriost
Since 2/3rds of American adults are obese and 1/3rd of children obviously a whole lot of people are not listening to the govt about what to eat. Did the govt not tell you that light bulb is two words and not spelled lite?
WarforOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>

Did the govt not tell you that light bulb is two words and not spelled lite?
Filthy Criminal,

In America, one can spell things pretty much as one pleases.
That's why OG&E ( Okieland Gas and Electric ) hasn't had any gas since 1928 and it's OK in OK.

Thank Godd, the rest of the cuntry ain't Okieland.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, that is an impossibility for human societies.
I realize that!

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 2/3rds of American adults are obese and 1/3rd of children obviously a whole lot of people are not listening to the govt about what to eat. Did the govt not tell you that light bulb is two words and not spelled lite?
*clears throat*

...lightbulb would have been an acceptible contraction.

Also, I think this discussion is filtered out into groups that either do or do not have faith in the perfection of society. Would you agree to that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doenges Unprofessionalism Wed Fedup 2
Boycott FYC C-store just East of Brookhaven Apts Wed Fedup 3
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Dennis 2,602
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Aug 15 Sam 11,286
Kitchen Cabinet Maker Aug 14 Homeowner 1
The Moore's Aug 13 Son Inlaw 2
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Aug 10 Survivor 23

Search the Bartlesville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Bartlesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Bartlesville People Search