Fleas, Ticks and Summer Bugs

Fleas, Ticks and Summer Bugs

Posted in the Bartlesville Forum

Okie Bug Problems

Collinsville, OK

#1 May 16, 2012
Because we didn't have a winter, the bug are really bad, including fleas and ticks. I spread Walmart brand flea and tick granules outside and it really helps keep them off the cats. Much better than trying to use a poison on the cat to kill fleas. IOW, kill the fleas, not the cats.
But if you have problems and they get in the house you've got a big problem. Besides biting they can get in your hair and itch like crazy. For that you have to wash your hair and rinse with vinegar, and then wash and rinse again. Also, wash all the bedding.
I used diatomaceous earth on the cats, and on the carpet,(dusting it in), and then vaccumed every couple days. I also set light and soapy water traps at night to trap fleas. For the lights, I used those little tiny outdoor type battery operated lights, and they worked like a charm. If your tenacious, you can control and just about completely eliminate fleas and ticks.
I went for 2 years with no flea problem on my cats at all until this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murphy's brown gravy Apr 14 Dick smegma 2
What happened to the Mullendore Murder Case (Aug '08) Apr 7 Kelmc24 1,410
News Kingdom Hall gets new roof Mar '16 El Cacique 38
Gossipy Old Biddys at Copan City Hall (Jul '13) Mar '16 Copan Citizen 5
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Feb '16 dparnell 36
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bartlesville, OK (Jan '12) Feb '16 speakingtruth 31
Daylight Savings Time?? Feb '16 Cinnamon Bun. 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlesville Mortgages