better OK

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

What an eyesore. I will use this in my defense if the code enforcement comes after me.

Since: Sep 09

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

That is a good point.... ugh!
idears

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Their break room is just as filthy; probably to much break time. The lack of supervision is apparent and appears to be the norm..

“Try Being ACCOUNTABLE!”

Since: Dec 09

Kansas, FK OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

I like this pic. I did the same thing 10 years ago. I was harassed by a fat little toad about moving dead limbs form the city side to the county side of "MY PROPERTY". So I took pictures of code enforcement employee homes (EVEN THE MOUTHY FAT LITTLE FEMALE TOAD SITTING ON HER LILLY PAD DESK IN THEIR OFFICE)that looked like trailer trash and posted them on the net along with city right of ways and medians 2 foot high in grass while they were harassing citizens over their lawn being over 6 inches high. THE CITY OF BARTLESVILLE NEEDS TO CLEAN UP THEIR OWN GHETTO HOMES BEFORE HARASSING CITIZENS WITH CODE ENFORCEMENT!!!
above the law

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

onecrazyrat wrote:
I like this pic. I did the same thing 10 years ago. I was harassed by a fat little toad about moving dead limbs form the city side to the county side of "MY PROPERTY". So I took pictures of code enforcement employee homes (EVEN THE MOUTHY FAT LITTLE FEMALE TOAD SITTING ON HER LILLY PAD DESK IN THEIR OFFICE)that looked like trailer trash and posted them on the net along with city right of ways and medians 2 foot high in grass while they were harassing citizens over their lawn being over 6 inches high. THE CITY OF BARTLESVILLE NEEDS TO CLEAN UP THEIR OWN GHETTO HOMES BEFORE HARASSING CITIZENS WITH CODE ENFORCEMENT!!!
i wish more citizens would ban togeather and hold code enforcement to their own standards! awsome

“Try Being ACCOUNTABLE!”

Kansas, FK OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2010

Judged:

above the law wrote:
<quoted text>i wish more citizens would ban togeather and hold code enforcement to their own standards! awsome
Doubt there anyone with a pair in all of Washington County to stand up for whats right. When lived there the inbreds tell you "We're behind you"...Come to find out what they meant was we're hiding behind you. Fear not! It is me today and you do nothing! It will be you tomarrow when I will do nothing! Spineless Bartlesville sheep dung is one of a few reasons I don't live in that trailer trash town after 40 years.
kljvhy

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Judged:

Code enforcement exists to help the citizens, not hurt them. They have a hard job, that not to many people can handle. They walk into houses that are littered with feces, rotten waste, roaches, etc., etc. Many times they must deal with the same low lifes that the PD deals with, only they don't have any way of protecting themselves from them if they get angry. Yes, code enforcement sometimes has to deal with petty complaints that even they may not agree with. But the law is the law and they have to do their job, just like anyone else. So maybe you should quit judging these people as if they are out to get you. They are not part of some large conspiracy against the citizens of Bartlesville, they are just trying to do their job.(and by the way, I challenge you to check out their homes, let me know what you find!)

“Try Being ACCOUNTABLE!”

Kansas, FK OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

kljvhy wrote:
Code enforcement exists to help the citizens, not hurt them. They have a hard job, that not to many people can handle. They walk into houses that are littered with feces, rotten waste, roaches, etc., etc. Many times they must deal with the same low lifes that the PD deals with, only they don't have any way of protecting themselves from them if they get angry. Yes, code enforcement sometimes has to deal with petty complaints that even they may not agree with. But the law is the law and they have to do their job, just like anyone else. So maybe you should quit judging these people as if they are out to get you. They are not part of some large conspiracy against the citizens of Bartlesville, they are just trying to do their job.(and by the way, I challenge you to check out their homes, let me know what you find!)
I am sure some complaints are valid;However, Having lived in that POS town longer than some could put a down payment on I can testify to their using certain laws such as "Imminant Domain" to steal property from people, fining citizens for their grass being over 6" hight while the city's property stands 2 foot high, fining people for a vehicle sitting in their own grass while some Code enforcement employee's homes have junk, boats and vehicles sitting in their own grass (In past years I have taken pictures of this and posted to the net. They work hand in hand with BPD to harass citizens. Not conspiracy, personal vandettas! If law was law and equally enforced there would be a lot of empty police cars, their friends and family members fined or arrested for doing the same exact things they harass others for. Most use their positions to allow them to act as though they are above the laws. When you have more corrupt than honest the honest get ousted. Look at the top- Rick Esser!
Bartlesvilleman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

Lazy a$$ people....a perfect example of double standards..
Laney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2011

U wanna see lazy, drive on the West side of Bartlesville. Just because ur poor, doesnt mean u have to be nasty. Seriously, clean up ur crap. How do these people even obtain so much junk?

Onecrazyrat, ur name suits you. I have read several of ur posts on other discussions, and u obviously have a vendetta against law enforcement. More than likely, they dont like you either, so stay gone. Bville has enough crazies runnin around.
EPAW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

LANEY..The city barn is on the west side of Bartlesville. The City does not care that the west side is old and dirty, they make sure of it. I have watched this city go to hell now for 60 years. Sorry leaders and public union workers make this city a shit hole..
Laney

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

EPAW wrote:
LANEY..The city barn is on the west side of Bartlesville. The City does not care that the west side is old and dirty, they make sure of it. I have watched this city go to hell now for 60 years. Sorry leaders and public union workers make this city a shit hole..
I agree with you that the city barn needs to be cleaned up. I am aware of where it is located. But how can you possibly believe that the city leadership is the problem with the West side. Must these people be babysitted and be told to clean up. Can no one take responsibility for themselves anymore? It's pretty simple, my mother taught me, if you make a mess clean it up. It is hard to care about something that does not care about itself. I know there are a lot of good citizens that live on the West side. Unfortunately, its not these people that are running things down. It amazes me. Some of these people sit around claiming that they can't pick up their crap because they are on disability, yet they find a way to get 5 mattresses a couch and a loveseat into their backyard. And God forbid they take their trash to the curb twice a week, instead of just throwing it out the backdoor for their pitbulls to scatter 10 city blocks. It's my property they say, yeah well you live in a civil socialized society where people don't want roaches and rats running across their cereal while they eat. Caused by people who are lazzzzy.
EPAW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

That's the problem, if you put a couch or table in the street on other properties in town, their would be a ambulance out there to pick it up. The sanitation crews will not pick up trash that they should, allowing it to stack up. I have watched it and it's getting worse. Most of the homes on the west side are rentals, and the owners need to be responsible. And please don't try to say the slum lords are not responsible...
Laney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

EPAW, That is not true. There are rules in what the sanitation workers can or cannot pickup. If u don't believe me, call the solid waste dept on Mon and ask. They do not pickup mattresses, furniture, appliances. They only pick up wood if its bundled a certain way. It doesnt matter what part of town you live on. Yes, I agree that slum lords are responsible. But it is the occupant that makes the mess, the slum lord is responsible because he allows people like that to rent his house.
EPAW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Well you see Laney, you just proved my point. They do take these things a time or two a year, in a chaotic city wide clustermuck, using the same equipment, same men, same expense...I have watched the crews walk over trash, and laugh about it.
Laney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

EPAW, You are right. I did prove your point. I just read your post again and saw that I misread it. I myself have never seen the trashman not pick up trash they were supposed to but im sure it happens. Of course, u have to keep in mind that if you dont pay your water bill, they don't pick up your trash. So, maybe thats what you have witnessed.
EPAW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2011

What I have witnessed is littering, and if I was in a position, I would charge them and make it stick. Then I would fire them and their supervisors, hire some men that are willing to work and clean up the city like their paid to do, not what their union says they can do..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bartlesville Discussions

Search the Bartlesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 13 min TAMARA 71,051
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Jul 17 Jose 2,590
dewayne baxter Jul 7 Honey Hole 3
Dr. William Dougherty Jul 6 Linda 19
omg! this girl graduated with me in 2008 Jul 5 dewey chick 8
Fireworks Jul 5 Moose 2
Rick Grossman Jul 2 Recon Marine 1
•••
•••
•••
Bartlesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••