Oklahoma ballot measure would require...

Oklahoma ballot measure would require voter identification

There are 12 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Sep 19, 2010, titled Oklahoma ballot measure would require voter identification. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Voters would be required to have identification at the polls under a state question that will appear on the ballot in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Voter Scam

Montgomery, AL

#1 Sep 20, 2010
It is about time.

Why register to vote if you don't have to prove you are registered?

I can go to any voting place and look at the sheet and while the person in front of me is signing it an claim I am that guy just below. I don't have to prove anything or show ID just claim that is who I am. I can do this at several voting places and cast my vote several times.

During Primaries this is particularly easy because of the lack of voters that turn out. The chance of someone coming in and finding out they already voted is very slim since only about 25% of voters actually vote during primarys in a non-presidential election year.
Road Rage

Tulsa, OK

#2 Sep 20, 2010
I don't have a problem with showing identity to vote. I'm just wondering if fraudent voting is really that signiticant in OK, or anywhere else. I mean is there enough of it to make a difference in an election?

I doubt more people will bother with voting if this ballot measure passes.

I still carry my voter id card in my wallet but I wouldn't consider it a valid id card. There's not a picture on it or anything else that would prove I'm the person identified on the card. I could use anyone's voter id card to vote.
pfffft

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2010
Road Rage wrote:
I don't have a problem with showing identity to vote. I'm just wondering if fraudent voting is really that signiticant in OK, or anywhere else. I mean is there enough of it to make a difference in an election?
I doubt more people will bother with voting if this ballot measure passes.
I still carry my voter id card in my wallet but I wouldn't consider it a valid id card. There's not a picture on it or anything else that would prove I'm the person identified on the card. I could use anyone's voter id card to vote.
Yer darn tootin its significant! When you have this many bible thumpin rednecks runnin around corrupting the entire state with payoffs, kickbacks, and all kinds of ethics violations, voter fraud is VERY HIGH!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 20, 2010
Just askin', is fallin' right for Oklahoma? Don't think so. Oklahoma needs a person who will go to Oklahoma and fight liberals and conservatives when they need fighting. This is not the time for the state to be going further down or fallin'. This is the time to lift up the state by askin' the right questions. Askin' is always better than fallin'.

No FALLIN' for this state, stay upright, ASKIN' is the right choice.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Sep 20, 2010
Should read go to Oklahoma Capitol.
EPAW

United States

#6 Sep 21, 2010
Anybody against this is for voter fraud. Hows that saying go; Vote, and vote often. demorats I think.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7 Sep 21, 2010
A person is more likely to be struck by lightning than to attempt voter fraud by impersonating another person at the polls.

Most so-called voter fraud is really clerical and computer operator errors.

This measure if it becomes law will do more harm than good. It will discourage voting, which will primarily effect Democrat voters, which is exactly what the Republicans expect and why they brought the measure.

Because voter impersonation is so unlikely, the Republicans can expect less than a 1% return of votes in their favor, and the law will create more problems than it solves.

Also, by concentrating on the most unlikey form of fraud of voter impersonation, other more pressing forms of voter fraud are effectively ignored.

State Question 746 is a bad measure and deserves to be defeated with a NO vote.
Saint Anger

United States

#8 Sep 21, 2010
Yeah ! This should keep the illegals from voting for Big Government ,Gun Control and a Socialist Rule .
Hokie Okie

Montgomery, AL

#9 Sep 22, 2010
WMCOL wrote:
Just askin', is fallin' right for Oklahoma? Don't think so. Oklahoma needs a person who will go to Oklahoma and fight liberals and conservatives when they need fighting. This is not the time for the state to be going further down or fallin'. This is the time to lift up the state by askin' the right questions. Askin' is always better than fallin'.
No FALLIN' for this state, stay upright, ASKIN' is the right choice.
Askin's supports the Dream Act (amnesty for illegals). Supporting illegals (criminals) is not someone we need in the Capitol there are too many of those already.

By Askin's supporting illegals she ignores the laws of our land and shows she has no respect for them and wants to make up the rules as she goes.
Protagonist

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 Sep 22, 2010
Look at some of the elections around the country over the past several years that have been settled by 10's of votes or even 100's of votes.

Even if the fraud rate were less than 1% for every 1000 votes that is 10, for every 100000 votes that could be 100..

Some very large turnout elections have been settled by as few as a 150 votes.. so making sure that every vote that is cast is legit, that is a good thing..

When I moved to wagoner county I had to change my polling place.. it didnt get updated in time for the first election after I moved.. but I didnt go back to my old voting location because that would have been dishonest..

There are people out there that don't think like most of the rest of us law abiding citizens.. there are some that will try to game the system if they think they can do it..
RIP

United States

#11 Sep 22, 2010
WMCOL wrote:
A person is more likely to be struck by lightning than to attempt voter fraud by impersonating another person at the polls.
Most so-called voter fraud is really clerical and computer operator errors.
This measure if it becomes law will do more harm than good. It will discourage voting, which will primarily effect Democrat voters, which is exactly what the Republicans expect and why they brought the measure.
Because voter impersonation is so unlikely, the Republicans can expect less than a 1% return of votes in their favor, and the law will create more problems than it solves.
Also, by concentrating on the most unlikey form of fraud of voter impersonation, other more pressing forms of voter fraud are effectively ignored.
State Question 746 is a bad measure and deserves to be defeated with a NO vote.
If your pecker is as short as your memory then your wife has a right to find another man. Voter fraud is a problem. Several years ago Rosko Turner was almost defeated by voter fraud in north Tulsa. But a radio talk show host from KFAQ shined light on the problem and got him elected. Everyone has a ID. Everyone uses their ID's daily. So you have to use it one more time to vote, SO WHAT.
Joe

Montgomery, AL

#12 Sep 22, 2010
It would be nice if people or organizations that claim something is unconstitutional to provide a reference.

What part of the constitution is being violated here? Nowhere in the article does it state what is being violated, other than someones opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joey goodno 12 min Gay cabolero 2
Gossipy Old Biddys at Copan City Hall (Jul '13) Dec 3 Satans first mate 14
Heather Dawson Nov 29 Cripster 4
Murphy's brown gravy (Mar '16) Nov 23 DebW 6
TJ Max Nov 14 Cinnamon Bun 11
Did You Know Your Church is Not the Real Church... Nov '16 SpiritualAbuseSan... 1
News Police Chase Ends In Fatal Traffic Accident (Apr '08) Oct '16 Alvin Boss 74

Bartlesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlesville Mortgages