maggie may

Oklahoma City, OK

#101 Jul 16, 2010
CATHY wrote:
<quoted text>
Carolyn,
I would be very interested in your thoughts.
I knew Larry Silver( ambulance driver) who became the SHERIFF of Washington county for many years.(you must know his story after reading the book). His son is now the Sheriff. His name is Ricky.
This man was scared of nothing or no one. He never recovered from what he witnessed that night.
I believe he was chased that night.
I totaly agree with YOU
I guess I don't understand, who was chased and why?
CharlotteS

Ashburn, VA

#102 Jul 17, 2010
maggie may wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother who once worked and lived on the Cross Bell Ranch said the same thing, however, he said it wasn't Chub that was hired. He indicated EC and Chub were good friends. I seem to remember hearing that even before EC married Linda, and whenever he went to Pawhuska, to see her that Gene and Kathleen were fearful for EC's safety. Heaven only knows....
Let me preface this by repeating this old saying "you can hear everything but the truth and meat a fryin" ..........now, most of us who live in the area can understand why there was a fear for young Mullendore's life and I doubt that it had anything to do with Linda. There are bound to be some people who were jealous of
the Mullendores etc. The Osage hides many mysteries and some murders.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103 Aug 10, 2010
CATHY wrote:
<quoted text>
Carolyn,
I would be very interested in your thoughts.
I knew Larry Silver( ambulance driver) who became the SHERIFF of Washington county for many years.(you must know his story after reading the book). His son is now the Sheriff. His name is Ricky.
This man was scared of nothing or no one. He never recovered from what he witnessed that night.
I believe he was chased that night.
I totaly agree with YOU
I also knew Larry Silver. He was an a--hole with a badge. He was no hero. Larry JR is in code enforcement with the city of bartlesville. His only authority is to have a car towed if it is parked across a sidewalk. Ricky turned out to be a good guy.
KEITH

Independence, KS

#104 Nov 12, 2010
JUST TALKED TO CHUB TODAY. HE IS LOOKING VERY ROUGH
HE WAS EATING LUNCH. HE DID NOT HAVE ALOT TO SAY.
I WILL GO BACK AND SEE HIM MONDAY.
Old Fart

Independence, KS

#105 Nov 12, 2010
Keith why dont you ask him who shot E.C.?
Texas

Dalhart, TX

#106 Nov 13, 2010
Keith just for old time sake ask Chub if he would let Rudy Briggs join him in private for that little chat. Come on Chub grant someone a favor! Never hurts to be honest, especially this late in life.
gettyup

United States

#107 Nov 13, 2010
KEITH wrote:
JUST TALKED TO CHUB TODAY. HE IS LOOKING VERY ROUGH
HE WAS EATING LUNCH. HE DID NOT HAVE ALOT TO SAY.
I WILL GO BACK AND SEE HIM MONDAY.
Howd we realy knowd you wnet and seen Chubber. When I seen my old budde he look fine and dandy.
john wayne

Coffeyville, KS

#108 Nov 13, 2010
gettyup wrote:
<quoted text>
Howd we realy knowd you wnet and seen Chubber. When I seen my old budde he look fine and dandy.
ROTFLMAO howd you knowd how to spill I mean spell?
Texas

Dalhart, TX

#109 Nov 19, 2010
I do not know how Chub could turn down an offer like the one he got from Sheriff Wayman on Dale's website! I just hope Chub will be a man of his word & tell Dale the God's truth! Why keeping this secret for so long certainly does NOT make Chub a hero. For a time Chub could not even be himself, he had to steal another mans idenity! I have read the remarks some have made about Dale, what does that matter,,it is not about him it is about Chub telling the truth. If Dale wants to write a book, fine. This is a free country & I don't think the book will sell as well as Gone With the Wind but it will an interesting read.
Just saying

Buford, GA

#110 Nov 19, 2010
Texas wrote:
I do not know how Chub could turn down an offer like the one he got from Sheriff Wayman on Dale's website! I just hope Chub will be a man of his word & tell Dale the God's truth! Why keeping this secret for so long certainly does NOT make Chub a hero. For a time Chub could not even be himself, he had to steal another mans idenity! I have read the remarks some have made about Dale, what does that matter,,it is not about him it is about Chub telling the truth. If Dale wants to write a book, fine. This is a free country & I don't think the book will sell as well as Gone With the Wind but it will an interesting read.
Chub is not going to tell the truth, can we say NO statue of limitations for murder....
Texas

Dalhart, TX

#111 Nov 19, 2010
Yes your right, we can say that! To bad Chub is holding all the aces! Must make one feel very powerful & full of himself.
Wonder what the new Osage Nation Attorney General, Jeff Jones, would say to having another look at this cold case? His job is to take care of the Osage,a noble cause indeed.
WoahMiDoh

Talala, OK

#112 Nov 24, 2010
FWIW: I heard he quit treatment & may may not make it much longer.
JustSoYouKnow

Coffeyville, KS

#113 Nov 25, 2010
Well Chub passed away yesterday according to channel 6 news. He said he would take what really happened to the grave and I guess that's what he did.
bOOk wOOrm

Pratt, KS

#114 Apr 20, 2012
Sure would like me a copy of that book
scooter

Tulsa, OK

#115 Jun 4, 2012
I have a hard back copy of the book ISBN 0-374-21599-5 [1974. E-mail if looking for one. L.sexton1212@gmail.com]
sos decide

Parsons, KS

#116 Jun 9, 2012
I read the peoples comments and wonder if anyone knew him,Gene was so mean to the prison workers he bull whipped a 16 year old boy almost to death and then had him dumped out on ahe was dirt road away from the ranch,when he blind the people around Caney said that was Gods way of getting back at him,EC was a spoiled rich prick knowyou can only owe thm one could stand him he was always pissing some one off he thought he was better than anyone else just like his old man,as for Linda I knew them both she was a nice lady always had a kind word for every one,as for the boy EC he owed to much money to the KC. MOB and you can only owe them people so long,every one around Caney thought he got what he deserve.
Linda

Higginsville, MO

#118 Jun 26, 2012
I lived in Fairfax, OK at the time of the murder. When I was small, I remember E.C. driving up our road, always going much faster than he should on a gravel road. We always called him "Little E.C." The Mullendore "Little Chief Ranch" was just up the road from our ranch. My dad was friends with the Mullendores and had visited them at their home. I even remember Gene giving Daddy meat, which he shared with my husband and I. I heard a lot of "stuff" from my dad at the time of the murder but unfortunately, I can't remember the details. Daddy knew all the people involved.
Anna

Ramona, OK

#119 Jul 1, 2012
my boyfriend works at the mullendore ranch and its actually really weird to stand in the spot that E.C. was shot in. Other than that the place is really nice, E.C.'s granddaughter has taken care of the place
Jennifer

Tulsa, OK

#120 Aug 16, 2012
Did anyone watch the Mullendore case on the Investigation Discovery channel tonight?
buckhunter
#121 Aug 16, 2012
i watched it. short and to the point but interresting. i seen chubb at the gunny sack at caney several times before he died

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Chairman, CEO Of Phillips Petroleum C.J.... 21 hr ADS 1
Debate: Marijuana - Bartlesville, OK (Aug '10) Dec 23 Amarea 28
Review: Boulevard Diner (May '10) Dec 19 KitchenNightmares 22
Kitchen Cabinet Maker Nov '14 billstacy 4
Review: Denali Vapor LTD (May '13) Nov '14 Phil 18
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bartlesville, OK (Jan '12) Oct '14 Straight Guy 18
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Oct '14 sharonkastles 27
Bartlesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web