Rancher ( E.C. Mullendore)
Whothecathair

Winfield, KS

#81 Nov 14, 2009
I bought a worn paperback for $30, the hardback copies I have seen on Amazon go for $300+.

Brace Book store in Ponca City,OK has hardback copy for $40.00 new.
beond the grave

United States

#82 Nov 16, 2009
Doris Mullendore Monson wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of document is it that you have?I may be interested in it for my genealogy on the Mullendore's.
so just how much do you have in your book!

Since: Nov 09

Inola, OK

#83 Nov 19, 2009
my mother worked for them doing that time.
Jamie Johnson

United States

#84 Dec 1, 2009
No one believes you because you dont/wont/cant sign your real name to your post.
nosey nellie wrote:
One can only hope. It is my understanding that Chub will probably not talk even on his deathbed. I had heard that the Mullendore boys had made an offer to Chub to get him to clear the air. But I think it was rejected. I had heard that he is in bad health and doesn't have just a lot of time left. Everything about that night was botched. I was told that Kathleen still has all the furniture from the living room in storage.I am just not sure that there will ever be an ending to the original story, which is sad. If it were to happen today, I have no doubt that someone would be convicted. Our methods are so much better than they were back in 1970.
One thing here is if Chub really did it, what good would it do to send him to prison? He doesn't have that long to live. He would probably die long before his appeals ran out. Also, one has to look at the expense that it would take to take care of him with the dialysis and all.
There will be a new book coming out in the next several years. I guarentee you will find it interesting. It is a "tell-all" about the deep dark secrets of the family from sources in the family. Family skeletons will be unveiled.
Cathy Talihina 2010

Baytown, TX

#85 Dec 12, 2009
airedale1018 wrote:
my mother worked for them doing that time.
Gilkey family?

I worked with one of the sons at Phillips. He was very kind.
colocowboy

United States

#86 Jan 3, 2010
I grew up in northern okla not far from where all this took place. Wow I just read the book and it left so many questions unanswerd. I my self work and manage part of a very welthey historical ranch. It looks crazy from the outside lookin in but I can see how all of this could transpire. Ec and my boss of eleven years have so much in comen it makes me cringe...
mike

Catoosa, OK

#87 Jan 21, 2010
i hope that chub lives a full and happy life i know him personaly yes his life at the ranch and on the run would make for a exellent movie rock on chubb
Tex McRey

Coffeyville, KS

#88 Feb 22, 2010
Some of you bastard need to take an English and spelling course.
Carolyn

Kerrick, TX

#89 Feb 22, 2010
You better join us in that class you forgot to put the s on bastard.
Carolyn

Kerrick, TX

#90 Feb 22, 2010
Tex, On the serious side,this forum is a healthy discussion of a case that most of us would like to see solved. It is only theory & speculation because we do not know the truth.
Tex McRey

Coffeyville, KS

#91 Mar 2, 2010
It's not a healthy discussion. It is basically a small group of gossiping busy bodies with way too much time on their hands. Go find Elvis!
Carolyn

Kerrick, TX

#92 Mar 2, 2010
Elvis is dead and EC is dead.The difference, Elvis was not murdered.Seems like strangers have more sympathy for him than friends who actually knew him.
backdraft

Slick, OK

#93 Mar 2, 2010
ms carolyn,young mullendore had enough sympathy,enough for anyone,he was in a bad spot, really over his head in the whole operation,plus his ego was creating much bigger problems. neither gene or ec were brianaics, the mullys know all of the answers to this case. there are a small handful of people that want more,will not get it,from chub,older mullys or dale wind bag lewis.
no arrests,indictments,no new inforamtion. no new dectives,or sooth sayers will solve this to the closure that you want so badly,this case is not unique,ther are plenty just like it that will never be solved. do i hate that it happend,you bet,sure do. hate it for the familiy and his kids.
i would think that a person would want to put thier effort into something that trully could make a difference to mankind than waste anymore time or money on this case.we choose the paths we take in life and some have to pay dearly for there choices and innocent people also get hurt in thier choices
young mullendore choose his.
Tex McRey

Coffeyville, KS

#94 Mar 2, 2010
Well put Backdraft. Carolyn - this seems like a weird obsession of yours. Lets just hope its a very odd hobby but really, you need to take up knitting or somethn. Im sure the family, who happens from time to time, to stumble into crap like this on the net, do not enjoy ppl like you speculating and rehashing this very sad time in their lives. and you are very slick in how you do it with the guise of compassion. but is shows through as being what it is. some lady from texas that has read the bullshit book and for some reason is fixated on the tale.
Carolyn

Kerrick, TX

#95 Mar 2, 2010
Backdraft, Your response was very insightful indeed. I know you are right. I thank you for your candor & for the fact you care. One would be very callous if they did not think that entire episode was truly sad. Compassion was not fake.
Homer_J

Fort Worth, TX

#96 Mar 8, 2010
Well folks! guess it won`t hurt to still ask a few questions about the Mullendore`s as I yonder around on the net,in person or what ever ?? That lady I met at that Texas Osage Town Meeting, she`s from Dallas,told me. Oh! hell no, got to stop somewhere.
Ranch Hand

United States

#97 May 4, 2010
TheMurderExtermi nator

Sapulpa, OK

#98 Jul 1, 2010
Chub Anderson was hired by Linda to murder E.C. Mullendoore. Chub Anderson is now living in Caney, Kansas, 20 miles from Mullendore's headquarters.
maggie may

Lawton, OK

#99 Jul 16, 2010
Why haven't they examined the collected evidence for DNA? Also, who removed EC's body from the crime scene prior to the investigators arriving, and where was he taken? That is horrible about the molestation of EC's grand-children if it is true. It was my understanding it wasn't about the children that caused Gene and Kathleen problems, it was their mother Linda not wanting them to have anything to do with the Mullendore's, and the fact Linda married her lawyer within a year of EC's death, and she had suddenly left him about fifteen days before he was murdered. I think the life insurance law suit was finally settled for about 7 million, with half going to Linda and half to Gene and Kathleen. I have never understood why if the ranch was so in debt that Katsy Kay's husband who owned the New Orleans Saints football team and was big into oil, didn't help them out of their bind. I think Katsy Kay who is divorced, her daughter and her daughter's husband and their children now live on the Cross Bell Ranch. I don't think EC's murder took place at the main ranch, did it? I hope they do DNA testing soon, however, I have heard that they are waiting until all the immediate family are no longer living before naming who killed him. In the area and most who worked for and knew the family, especially Gene Mullendore say it was an inside job. If this is the case when Kay Mullendore Mecom is no longer living the case will be solved.
maggie may

Lawton, OK

#100 Jul 16, 2010
TheMurderExterminator wrote:
Chub Anderson was hired by Linda to murder E.C. Mullendoore. Chub Anderson is now living in Caney, Kansas, 20 miles from Mullendore's headquarters.
My brother who once worked and lived on the Cross Bell Ranch said the same thing, however, he said it wasn't Chub that was hired. He indicated EC and Chub were good friends. I seem to remember hearing that even before EC married Linda, and whenever he went to Pawhuska, to see her that Gene and Kathleen were fearful for EC's safety. Heaven only knows....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gossipy Old Biddys at Copan City Hall (Jul '13) Aug 17 withrespect 8
theda muller (Nov '15) Aug 11 wondering 5
tina davis Aug 11 old friend 3
News National Retailers Named For New Bartlesville S... Aug 10 Cinnamon Bun. 1
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Aug 9 Shawn26 38
free rent for a year for the right family Aug 8 Gotojail 3
List brother Aug 3 Ivy pate 1

Bartlesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance