50-Foot Cross Erected In Washington C...

50-Foot Cross Erected In Washington County

There are 223 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Aug 10, 2010, titled 50-Foot Cross Erected In Washington County. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A Washington County rancher is erecting a 50-foot high cross a bluff south and west of Bartlesville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
realist

United States

#1 Aug 10, 2010
is this news?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 10, 2010
Cool,I cant wait until one or more of the "letter groups" file an injunction and make him take it down...they will cite that it has nothing to do with Christianity or Religion and that he's placing it there to give the Klan a place to rally...and that its offensive to certain ethnicities...
mike

Westville, OK

#4 Aug 10, 2010
It's a nice relief from the shootings in north Tulsa.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 Aug 10, 2010
with Oklahoma weather and a little luck we may have a lightning strike.
not alone

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Aug 10, 2010
Yes, good news
IMHO

Jenks, OK

#7 Aug 10, 2010
Just another Christian publicity stunt to draw attention to themselves.

Next story will be how someone destroyed it.

Whatever. It's not really news and it's not the big deal they are making it out to be. LOL
Karl Schneider

New Hampton, IA

#10 Aug 10, 2010
Great, now everyone in the area can revel in the view of an instrument of torture.

I wonder how big an ostentatious electric chair they'd build if Jebus had been executed that way...
Karl Schneider

New Hampton, IA

#11 Aug 10, 2010
DustyOutlaw wrote:
with Oklahoma weather and a little luck we may have a lightning strike.

ROFL...yeah like that 'touchdown Jesus' that got fried by lightning last month up in Ohio.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Karl Schneider

New Hampton, IA

#12 Aug 10, 2010
Miss Tearious wrote:
Cool,I cant wait until one or more of the "letter groups" file an injunction and make him take it down...they will cite that it has nothing to do with Christianity or Religion and that he's placing it there to give the Klan a place to rally...and that its offensive to certain ethnicities...

It's apparently on their own private property so no, there won't be any evil heathens demanding its removal despite your fervent wish to have someone to hate on.
Mike

Tulsa, OK

#13 Aug 10, 2010
I think this is great. Hopefully I'll be able to see it when I drive to Bartlesville.
Kimberly Johns

United States

#14 Aug 10, 2010
Karl Schneider wrote:
<quoted text>
It's apparently on their own private property so no, there won't be any evil heathens demanding its removal despite your fervent wish to have someone to hate on.
YOU are a crackpot!!
Joan

Fargo, ND

#15 Aug 10, 2010
I so agree Kimberly
Murphy Brother

Tulsa, OK

#16 Aug 10, 2010
50 ft is really not all that tall. Now if it was a 500 ft cross, that would be something!
Joan

Fargo, ND

#17 Aug 10, 2010
Karl who is Jebus?????
Fugly

Tulsa, OK

#18 Aug 10, 2010
Lightning rod.

Just keep it on private property.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#19 Aug 10, 2010
Karl Schneider wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL...yeah like that 'touchdown Jesus' that got fried by lightning last month up in Ohio.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Exactly what I was thinking of. Hehehe
Freedom Still

Tulsa, OK

#20 Aug 10, 2010
Go south on the Indian nations turnpike, there is a HUGE "Jesus" letters on a hill. it has been there for years around McAlester area i believe
Constitutional

Tulsa, OK

#21 Aug 10, 2010
Karl Schneider wrote:
Great, now everyone in the area can revel in the view of an instrument of torture.
I wonder how big an ostentatious electric chair they'd build if Jebus had been executed that way...
So really, this is no different that erecting a gallows with a noose?

Think about it.
gator rassler

Broken Arrow, OK

#23 Aug 10, 2010
Freedom Still wrote:
Go south on the Indian nations turnpike, there is a HUGE "Jesus" letters on a hill. it has been there for years around McAlester area i believe
It's right north of Henryetta, the place where you'll get arrested for dancin' within 100 feet or so of a church.
saywhat

Tulsa, OK

#24 Aug 10, 2010
Great idea. Perhaps I will install a 50' Baphomet on my property.

It will be the "Largest Baphomet roadside attraction in Oklahoma"....or anywhere else for that matter. I live off of Rt66 so it makes it even better!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
clock repair 29 min Concerned 1
Nightclub/Bar Jun 21 Indy_girrl78 1
Old Golden Corral Building Sold - What's next f... Jun 14 Cinnamon Bun. 2
Dan Johnson is a douche (Aug '15) Jun 11 Biscuits and gravy 2
News Bartlesville Restaurant Files Lawsuit Over Brea... Jun 9 Cinnamon Bun. 1
What happen n court about Lyndsey Giovinazzo an... (Mar '12) Jun 5 kelsey johnson 18
VOM Breaking News! Wurmbrands son asks for Inve... (Mar '14) Jun 4 Former resident 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bartlesville Mortgages