Oklahoma DHS left baby with mother despite drug use

Full story: NewsOK.com 9
The Oklahoma Department of Human Services received a call when Tamberlynn Wheeler of Seminole was born because both the baby and her mother had drugs in their systems. Full Story
Straightshooter

United States

#1 Oct 4, 2011
Gee, Isn't it sad when a child dies because the crackhead mother is good friends with Bartlesville DHS workers who tur their head to certain situations. I bet the Police did nothing either! Any other time they would be right up the mother's azz (but only if she was inncent). Truth be known half the police force was probably knocking off a piece from the mother and you can bet most of them were married to boot! Fine city you all have there! LMFAO! The whole place isn't worth loading into a bull's azz and shooting into the Caney river.
memory lane

Ashburn, VA

#2 Oct 4, 2011
If I remember correctly......according to Oklahoma law you can NOT remove a child from a home because the parent ( or parents ) are doing illegal drugs. Blame our Oklahoma law makers and the lawyers who want it that way. Been through the DHS classes on foster care etc. and if we could change some things it would help the children. Then there is the problem of not enough foster homes ( and guess what we run into there.......bad foster parents in some cases ). Too many people won't stand up and tell what they know also. L E officers and DHA have their hands tied.

“To God Alone Be the Glory”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Oct 4, 2011
memory lane wrote:
If I remember correctly......according to Oklahoma law you can NOT remove a child from a home because the parent ( or parents ) are doing illegal drugs. Blame our Oklahoma law makers and the lawyers who want it that way. Been through the DHS classes on foster care etc. and if we could change some things it would help the children. Then there is the problem of not enough foster homes ( and guess what we run into there.......bad foster parents in some cases ). Too many people won't stand up and tell what they know also. L E officers and DHA have their hands tied.
I've known at least one toddler removed from the home of her severely alcoholic mother by DHS, and then going to great lengths to end the parental rights of her out of state dad who was totally innocent of lies perpetrated against him, and who was a good dad, but there were people here who wanted to legally adopt the child who played the DHS and local court system. I have heard, and it's online different places on YouTube that DHS's in various state get extra bonus funding for each adoption they orchestrate.

I have also known of DHS meddling in couples marriages, and personal lives far beyond the bounds of what they are professionally called to do,playing favorites with one spouse, for example, merely on a personal basis, etc. Yes, and I too wish more people would speak out and tell what they know, and I'm not talking about ratting on parents, but on some of the DHS abuses. They may have their hands full, but each case deserves the most meticulous scrutiny, for the parents sake as well as the children.

memory lane

Ashburn, VA

#4 Oct 5, 2011
Soli Deo Gloria wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known at least one toddler removed from the home of her severely alcoholic mother by DHS, and then going to great lengths to end the parental rights of her out of state dad who was totally innocent of lies perpetrated against him, and who was a good dad, but there were people here who wanted to legally adopt the child who played the DHS and local court system. I have heard, and it's online different places on YouTube that DHS's in various state get extra bonus funding for each adoption they orchestrate.
I have also known of DHS meddling in couples marriages, and personal lives far beyond the bounds of what they are professionally called to do,playing favorites with one spouse, for example, merely on a personal basis, etc. Yes, and I too wish more people would speak out and tell what they know, and I'm not talking about ratting on parents, but on some of the DHS abuses. They may have their hands full, but each case deserves the most meticulous scrutiny, for the parents sake as well as the children.
Yes, at times DHS makes the wrong call. All of them are not good people just like any government department or even a private organization, company etc. I have been lucky or fortunate....whatever a person wants to call it. I have a family member who is in a foster home and I thank God very often for her foster parents and the people who work in the Washinton county DHS office. We need to give credit where it is due and speak up about the wrongs. I don't paint the entire DHS with the same brush. I have seen many good people working in that office. Their views and mine do not always coinside.
Mia

Bartlesville, OK

#5 Oct 6, 2011
Pathetic.
Fedup

Bartlesville, OK

#6 Oct 7, 2011
If the people in this city would have cared about those around them, that woman would have been treated as a patient in a treatment center long before she was able to have such a tragedy happen to US, our community, our kids, our people. Stop treating addicts like criminals and give them the help they need, not an expensive jail cell. I'm sick of the drug war and what it's doing to the country. Her sentence was extreme, and was another justice system circus.
TiredOfIt

Sand Springs, OK

#7 Jul 3, 2012
i been dealing with dhs for two years now. they have ruined my life. they took my two babies from the hospital and pretty much made up reasons or exagerated everything i did to make it seem like i was an unfit parent. when in all honesty i've done nothing wrong. i've done everything theyve asked to get them back and they keep adding to the list so i cant get them back. i dont understand how someone like me who hasnt done anything wrong looses their babies and people who beat kill starve and do drugs in front or around their kids still have them and dhs doesnt do anything about it. bartlesville dhs needs a reality check and to do their jobs the rite way and to stop worrying about how much money they make and save the lives that need saving. they need to stop legially steeling kids to make a pay check...
Wondering_Why

Tulsa, OK

#8 Jul 8, 2012
TiredOfIt wrote:
i been dealing with dhs for two years now. they have ruined my life. they took my two babies from the hospital and pretty much made up reasons or exagerated everything i did to make it seem like i was an unfit parent. when in all honesty i've done nothing wrong. i've done everything theyve asked to get them back and they keep adding to the list so i cant get them back. i dont understand how someone like me who hasnt done anything wrong looses their babies and people who beat kill starve and do drugs in front or around their kids still have them and dhs doesnt do anything about it. bartlesville dhs needs a reality check and to do their jobs the rite way and to stop worrying about how much money they make and save the lives that need saving. they need to stop legially steeling kids to make a pay check...
I know of a case where the degenerate "mother" of 4, who scams the welfare system has coached her kids to say daddy "tried to burn them up". Absurd! I know for a fact he is one of the most loving fathers I've known.(Not my son or relative either, just the son of a friend).
He is now entangled in the court system over false accusations,(very serious ones) while she gets off scott free to have fun with her new boyfriend.
She gets her money from either the state or child support, so no real money problems to speak of. Feeds her kids way too much processed food, and junk on a HUGE amount of food stamps, and also "gifts" her relatives with boxes of expensive chocolates.
The husband, who is diabetic and disabled has to pay out of his limited check to pay child support now. This man will NEVER have a life of his own until these kids become adults, much less have anything to say about how their raised under this system.
This should be a lesson to be careful who you have babies with. DHS needs to not always take the woman's word for it when it comes to these accusations made against dad's. It's true that in some cases it may be justified. Just saying...not all.
Meanwhile, there are women like you who they tend to go after for bizarre unjustified reasons. I have heard DHS gets paid extra for kids they parcel out in adoptions. I'm not sure about whether that may be true with placing foster children in homes. But I do know that foster homes are not always the best for children.
There is much corruption in this broken system. The only answer is a strong faith in Jesus Christ, and His ability to answer prayer.
crazylady

Independence, KS

#9 Mar 31, 2013
memory lane wrote:
REALLY???? And this is what you truly believe????? Of course they can remove a child from the home if the parents are doing illegal drugs..Its called Child edangerment. And if DHS new about the situation and failed to take action and the child in fact died then they need to be reported to the proper authorities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartlesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Oct 22 Live while you br... 26
Edmond Man Accused of Lewd Acts With 14-Year-Ol... Oct 19 Lisa 2
Does anyone know where KAREN BLUE, (formerly Re... Oct 18 Kerusso_1 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bartlesville, OK (Jan '12) Oct 14 Brian_G 15
Review: Denali Vapor LTD (May '13) Oct 13 Sherylle 16
Dr. Rumph Oct 7 soon to be mom 2
labor and delivery at jph?? Oct 7 soon to be mom 1
Bartlesville Dating
Find my Match

Bartlesville Jobs