Mike Pryor NEW COUNTY JUDGE
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Horatio

Thornville, OH

#83 Feb 7, 2013
Elect Herkimer Heap! He has a factory ready to move here and hire 300 people to make widgets!$14 an hour jobs with medical and pension!
Brat

Clay City, KY

#84 Feb 7, 2013
Horatio wrote:
Elect Herkimer Heap! He has a factory ready to move here and hire 300 people to make widgets!$14 an hour jobs with medical and pension!
Unfortunately I think its about time to start listening to you! You're making as much sense as about anyone else on here lately.
Horatio

Thornville, OH

#85 Feb 7, 2013
Outstanding! Now what you do is send someone who has some smarts to Chi, NY, DC. Run ads in Wall Steet Journal. Lobby Wall St. execs, give them details of our county, low pay scale, like China. People ready to go to work. Have them put up temp bldgs onlocal farms and go to it! Contract with locaal docs for discount medical. Use 401/pension plans.
You need help

United States

#86 Feb 7, 2013
Horatio wrote:
Elect Herkimer Heap! He has a factory ready to move here and hire 300 people to make widgets!$14 an hour jobs with medical and pension!
Why don't YOU go check yourself in somewhere and try and get some help for yourself, SHEEP MAN? Everyone is sick of you spewing your make believe ignorance on Topix..Jobs being scarce, the economey being bad and people who have worked all thier lived now losing thier homes and their life's savings is no joking matter. You wouldn't know anything about working for a living though, would you? How did you manage to live before the computer came into existance?
You Need Help

Thornville, OH

#87 Feb 7, 2013
I was a BS artist..........like you!
sows-ear

Richmond, KY

#88 Feb 7, 2013
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
That is absolutely right. The good ole boys have absolutely ruined this county. And then complain when things are not good in this county.
I am so sorry you missed my point. I am not polarizing with you but be real. Don't most people in Fleming County work factory jobs out of county or practice farming? Most any county has a school, courthouse, and various other businesses, etc. Does any company in Bath County bring in more revenue than Cave Run? Owingsville built under the hill for the interstate trade, and you know that. So what have they got that I haven't seen.
requirement

Germantown, KY

#89 Feb 7, 2013
sows-ear wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry you missed my point. I am not polarizing with you but be real. Don't most people in Fleming County work factory jobs out of county or practice farming? Most any county has a school, courthouse, and various other businesses, etc. Does any company in Bath County bring in more revenue than Cave Run? Owingsville built under the hill for the interstate trade, and you know that. So what have they got that I haven't seen.
Actually Flemingsburg has 3 factories that employ more than the school system and the county government combined. Flemingsburg has Tinnerman Palnut, HyPac Inc., and Toyo seat that combined employ near 500 people from all around Fleming County as well as border counties. Then there are several wood product related factories out in the county with some owned by the Amish but employ people not Amish. With those factories Fleming County an support fast food places like Arby's, McDonalds, and others where kids can work after school. They at least have more than one food store! More doctors, new hospital, and several other businesses that are supported by the people who work and live in Flemingsburg.

As to bath County, yes the interstate helps as does Cave Run BUT they do have at least one factory called Custom Food Products LLC that employs close to 200 people at a good living wage thus a tax revenue source. Then there is a host of smaller wood product places and agri-businesses. They have almost as much as Flemingsburg.

What does Nicholas County have? We have less than 100 people working in jobs that are not tax dollar salary jobs. We could have one good factory IF we had people in the Judge Exec office and as magistrates that want the jobs here. IF they would only look down the road past the next grant writing deadline but they will not. IF some of the grants had been obtained to update our sewage plant an dour water plant, we would have at least one good size factory and possibly more. We have a work force here that would jump on factory jobs here in NC being many commute to Bourbon, Harrison, Scott, Fayette, Bath, Montgomery, Mason, and yes Fleming Counties to work at factories!

So comparing NC to Bath County and Fleming County is a good comparison as to what could be here. Now the best county to compare it to as to what it is now is Robertson County (a dead county) and will always be so unless we elect people into county offices that can see past the next time line to put in for a government grant!
Realistic

Worton, MD

#90 Feb 8, 2013
We have Dana! She will save us. Don't worry about a thing.
omg

Richmond, KY

#91 Feb 8, 2013
Realistic wrote:
We have Dana! She will save us. Don't worry about a thing.
Give it a break Dorsey .
Morefield Mafia

Tucker, GA

#94 Feb 11, 2013
We get our way! Get use to seeing Judge Pryor and Deputy Judge Lyons. You all must BOW down to us here in Morefield! We run this Beeeaaattccchh
Tara

Thornville, OH

#95 Feb 11, 2013
Go bend over and fxxx yourself!
Scared

United States

#96 Mar 4, 2013
Ain't nobody gonna mess with the Moorefield Mafia.
Hipster

Thornville, OH

#97 Mar 4, 2013
Moorefield Mafia raise sheep!
wrong

Germantown, KY

#98 Mar 4, 2013
Hipster wrote:
Moorefield Mafia raise sheep!
That is not waht they do to sheep!! IF anyone takes the "Moorefield Mafia" seroius, they are pure idiots!
sows-ear

Corbin, KY

#99 Mar 4, 2013
requirement wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Flemingsburg has 3 factories that employ more than the school system and the county government combined. Flemingsburg has Tinnerman Palnut, HyPac Inc., and Toyo seat that combined employ near 500 people from all around Fleming County as well as border counties. Then there are several wood product related factories out in the county with some owned by the Amish but employ people not Amish. With those factories Fleming County an support fast food places like Arby's, McDonalds, and others where kids can work after school. They at least have more than one food store! More doctors, new hospital, and several other businesses that are supported by the people who work and live in Flemingsburg.
As to bath County, yes the interstate helps as does Cave Run BUT they do have at least one factory called Custom Food Products LLC that employs close to 200 people at a good living wage thus a tax revenue source. Then there is a host of smaller wood product places and agri-businesses. They have almost as much as Flemingsburg.
What does Nicholas County have? We have less than 100 people working in jobs that are not tax dollar salary jobs. We could have one good factory IF we had people in the Judge Exec office and as magistrates that want the jobs here. IF they would only look down the road past the next grant writing deadline but they will not. IF some of the grants had been obtained to update our sewage plant an dour water plant, we would have at least one good size factory and possibly more. We have a work force here that would jump on factory jobs here in NC being many commute to Bourbon, Harrison, Scott, Fayette, Bath, Montgomery, Mason, and yes Fleming Counties to work at factories!
So comparing NC to Bath County and Fleming County is a good comparison as to what could be here. Now the best county to compare it to as to what it is now is Robertson County (a dead county) and will always be so unless we elect people into county offices that can see past the next time line to put in for a government grant!
Nicholas County, Kentucky, has nothing to speak proudly about and now Millersburg is going to be a ghost town.
Chico

Worton, MD

#100 Mar 8, 2013
Notice anything different or better since we gat a new judge exec? Nothing has or will change because he had to promise Kenny that he wouldn't change anything. Kenny was going to get beat next election for being lazy and looks like mike will do the same by being Kenny #2.
Hmm

Richmond, KY

#101 Mar 8, 2013
sows-ear wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicholas County, Kentucky, has nothing to speak proudly about and now Millersburg is going to be a ghost town.
hey we won the cheerleadung competition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barterville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 170,479
Jeremy 13 hr concerned 2
whyWHYwhy Dec 8 OhYeah 1
Looking for a blonde girl named brenda Dec 5 Uncle Tom 4
mark mattox Dec 3 Tanmasquerade 3
old girlfriend Nov 30 I know 4
Dogs Nov 27 Info 11

Barterville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barterville Mortgages