Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141354 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98748 Apr 6, 2013
If you look through the post, a couple of years ago (under the name hippiefreakcomputergeek) I argued the christian side of this. But the more that I read the bible the more convinced I became that it was bullshite. The deathstroke was a preacher that gave a sermon I had heard from three other preachers of a personal account how "god" helped them financially called "you can not afford to not give"
A personal account that was word for word by four separate preachers. Can you say LIE and CON? I can

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#98749 Apr 6, 2013
kids are so cute wrote:
For all you grown ups,you are wasting your time trying to help these little kids understand God. Look at their names,Satanic Priest,Skeptical Spectacles, ChromiuMan-they are too young to comprehend anything but evolution. Evolution is wishful thinking. Like some super magic formula.
Though they claim that this "energy " is so great and has evolved itself into every living breathing creation,created the heavens and earth,they still have not found it.
Only fools think that something not able to speak,think or breath can accomplish more than they can.
I actually feel sorry for these 3 kids (probably learned all this rubbish from their parents .
But it is a truth ,mankind either believes in some God ,or something that CREATED all things.Evolution is just the most absurd!
At least God (Jesus Christ ) was here on earth,done great miracles ,and even raised from death. I prefer the Bible ,so God is my choice!
Most people do not learn of evolution through their parents. You must be thinking of creationism.

You call those who believe in evolution "young", but have you even thought about all the ages of scientists who believe in evolution?

BTW, we have found evolution and have evidence of it. Do you have any evidence of that god you claim is doing this? Do you have evidence of the miracles, or rising from the dead? Now those claims sound absurd.

You can chose the bible if you wish, but do not make our government force it upon us.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#98750 Apr 6, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Where did the matter come from?
LOL
Matter can come from energy. Where did god come from?
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98751 Apr 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Can you say LIE and CON? I can
PoliTics is good for that kind of thing too.

From the entitleMentaled voter masses comprised of individuals on up the ladders.

I dunno, I always found it enough just trying to keep anyone's own eyeballs plank-fwee, cause slivers are rough enough!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Heidrick, KY

#98752 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>Where did the matter come from?
LOL
Energy... E=Mc2... Where did the Energy Come From should be your next question... It Always Existed .. Time Started the instant some matter converted out of Energy... I call it Unified Indefinable Energy Form... Time is a Human Concept and only exists relative to the matter in relative motion to other matter... Time in out universe goes only in one direction, Forward.. We can go forward in time but we can never go back... We can though "See" back in time we can just never Go back in time... But we can Go forward in time we can just never "See" forward in time.... One of my long time debates with other in the field is that I think that the speed of light in variable and is set Universally by the total separation distance of all matter in the universe and altered locally by the separation distance of matter in local dense areas... so the Rate that Time moves forward varies by the density of the local matter... The More Dense the slower the value of c and the slower time moves forward... We being so small on a astronomical scale can never detect such variance even locally in our solar system... So we perceive c and time as Constant
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98753 Apr 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Most people do not learn of evolution through their parents. You must be thinking of creationism.
You call those who believe in evolution "young", but have you even thought about all the ages of scientists who believe in evolution?
BTW, we have found evolution and have evidence of it. Do you have any evidence of that god you claim is doing this? Do you have evidence of the miracles, or rising from the dead? Now those claims sound absurd.
You can chose the bible if you wish, but do not make our government force it upon us.
Did you have a nice Easter? Find any good eggs? Read any good books lately? How's the weather? Warming up yet at all? See any robins yet? Heard any peep frogs? Any spring flowers blooming? They bothering you with any allergic reactives? Do you prefer peas or broccoli? Do you like diet pop? Tea?
lol
good job

Morehead, KY

#98754 Apr 6, 2013
Oops- right,evolution says that the giraffe needed a longer neck to eat the vegetation on trees ,so it grew a longer neck. That makes sense.
Why don't you 3 boys ,go to a pig farm,and wait until that poor old pig wallowing in mud, eating corn husks, suddenly decides it does not want to be a dirty old pig after all. You wait long enough and that pig will say, "I want to be a man". And you will see that pig change, and there before you will be a man in a fancy suit and bow tie.He will then say, "Take me to the newspaper,"I am your proof that evolution is a scientific fact!" It could happen.
I know people think I am silly because I have a large field with no cattle on it,but I am not wasting money on buying cows,it is full of earth worms,I KNOW that one day they will evolve into cows hundreds of cows ! I will be the richest man in Carter county. Sure there are unbelievers and skeptics,but I'll get the last laugh. I am so glad that skilled scholars like you are on my side. Keep posting maybe these morons will finally grasp the reality of evolution.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#98755 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>No!
I do not believe in an "Invisible man" living in the sky...
I believe in a Creator spirit living in the spirit world, an
alternate universe if you will!
He knows your heart, what is in it...
If your posting against Him just to be nasty... He knows that,
and you deserve what you asked for...
If your posting out of ignorance... you might get a pass!
See People that want to do evil... get what they sow!
That is why we post...
Been there, done that, seen the error in it...
seen the truth!
God is real, and we want you safe!
Yet... you (atheists/satanists) post with hate, calling
Evil good, and good evil...
having darkness in your hearts!
Ah, the threats of hell. Kind of hard to scare someone who thinks your god is not even real. Are you scared of Thor?
So if your god visible and just where is he? If not in the sky, why do Christians point up when refering to him? If you wish us not to say he lives up there, maybe stop pointing up there.
If you wish us to stop saying he is invisible, show us what his physical presence looks like?
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98756 Apr 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Got any evidence of your claim on that entity yet? Of course you do not have any. Kind of hard to find evidence of a non existent being.
What'd'ya think? Other dimensions, universes? Think we'll ever find the exponent to complete a theory for everything? Think earthworms will ever have intellect enough to admit and say the words "we, the earthworms...do NOT know.."? Wouldn't that be something, talking earthworm....lol.

The thing is, it's not clear how a type Ia actually forms. There are two models, both involving white dwarfs. These are the ultradense remnants of dead stars, the exposed cores of stars after they shed their outer layers. The Sun will one day be a white dwarf (in about 6 - 7 billion years, so don't hold your breath). Because of complicated quantum physics, it turns out that white dwarfs can only have so much mass; if they exceed about 1.4 times the mass of the Sun they can collapse, either forming an even denser neutron star, or exploding as a supernova.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98757 Apr 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How ironic to use the words of Sarah Palin, that woman who is the poster child of Christian fanticism.
If you were not for hope and change, you would not be writing here.
Now mind your tenth commmandement!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#98758 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...
Hundreds of Billions of generations of bacteria grown over the course of science history, and NONE ever crawled out of a dish, and went to school... Still Bacteria... Gee, if Eviltuion was true, you'd expect something to happen!
Bacteria does find its way into our schools. Bacteria need not crawl to make it to school. Bacteria hitches a ride upon us humans. Organisms need not do what you expect to survive and flourish.
excuse me

Elkhorn City, KY

#98759 Apr 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
If you look through the post, a couple of years ago (under the name hippiefreakcomputergeek) I argued the christian side of this. But the more that I read the bible the more convinced I became that it was bullshite. The deathstroke was a preacher that gave a sermon I had heard from three other preachers of a personal account how "god" helped them financially called "you can not afford to not give"
A personal account that was word for word by four separate preachers. Can you say LIE and CON? I can
Interesting! In order to "argue" the christian side of this, you believed the Bible.

Your intrepretation of ONE sermon that ONE preacher gave ( other preacher's copied) turned you 90 degrees?

What Bible were you reading and What Preacher's were you listening to?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#98760 Apr 6, 2013
good job wrote:
Oops- right,evolution says that the giraffe needed a longer neck to eat the vegetation on trees ,so it grew a longer neck. That makes sense.
Why don't you 3 boys ,go to a pig farm,and wait until that poor old pig wallowing in mud, eating corn husks, suddenly decides it does not want to be a dirty old pig after all. You wait long enough and that pig will say, "I want to be a man". And you will see that pig change, and there before you will be a man in a fancy suit and bow tie.He will then say, "Take me to the newspaper,"I am your proof that evolution is a scientific fact!" It could happen.
I know people think I am silly because I have a large field with no cattle on it,but I am not wasting money on buying cows,it is full of earth worms,I KNOW that one day they will evolve into cows hundreds of cows ! I will be the richest man in Carter county. Sure there are unbelievers and skeptics,but I'll get the last laugh. I am so glad that skilled scholars like you are on my side. Keep posting maybe these morons will finally grasp the reality of evolution.
The earth worm needs not evolve into cows, so why would it? Evolution is based upon the needs of survival, not wants and wishes.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#98761 Apr 6, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have a nice Easter? Find any good eggs? Read any good books lately? How's the weather? Warming up yet at all? See any robins yet? Heard any peep frogs? Any spring flowers blooming? They bothering you with any allergic reactives? Do you prefer peas or broccoli? Do you like diet pop? Tea?
lol
Yes, the chocolate bunny was tasty.
No.
Yes, it's title is "Quite" The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking.
Warmer today than it was Thursday.
No.
Yes, the frogs are driving me crazy. Any tips on eradicating them from my back yard?
Yes, love the look of spring.
A little.
Peas.
Yes, but trying to cut back. Heard to much is bad.
Sometimes.

How have you been?
good job

Morehead, KY

#98762 Apr 6, 2013
The Giraffe's Short Neck

Craig Holdrege
This essay is part of a larger monograph on the holistic biology of the giraffe. To purchase the monograph or view it for free online, go to the Nature Institute store.

Lamarck and Darwin

Once scientists began thinking about animals in terms of evolution, the giraffe became a welcome—and seemingly straightforward—example. It is as if the giraffe's long neck was begging to be explained by evolutionary theorists.

One of the first evolutionary thinkers, Jean-Baptist Lamarck, offered a short description of how the giraffe evolved in his major work, Philosophie Zoologique, which was published in 1809:

It is interesting to observe the result of habit in the peculiar shape and size of the giraffe: this animal, the tallest of the mammals, is known to live in the interior of Africa in places where the soil is nearly always arid and barren, so that it is obliged to browse on the leaves of trees and to make constant efforts to reach them. From this habit long maintained in all its race, it has resulted that the animal's forelegs have become longer than its hind-legs, and that its neck is lengthened to such a degree that the giraffe, without standing up on its hind-legs, attains a height of six meters.(Quoted in Gould 2002, p. 188)
In Lamarck's view, we must imagine a situation in the past where the best food for browsing mammals was higher up in trees, the lower vegetation having been eaten by other animals. The ancestors of the giraffe—which we should imagine like antelopes or deer—needed to adapt their behavior to this changing environment. As Lamarck wrote, "variations in the environment induce changes in the needs, habits and modes of life of living beings ... these changes give rise to modifications or developments in their organs and the shape of their parts" (p. 179). So Lamarck imagined that over generations the habit of continually reaching for the higher browse produced in the giraffe's ancestors a lengthening of the legs and neck.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#98763 Apr 6, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
What'd'ya think? Other dimensions, universes? Think we'll ever find the exponent to complete a theory for everything? Think earthworms will ever have intellect enough to admit and say the words "we, the earthworms...do NOT know.."? Wouldn't that be something, talking earthworm....lol.
The thing is, it's not clear how a type Ia actually forms. There are two models, both involving white dwarfs. These are the ultradense remnants of dead stars, the exposed cores of stars after they shed their outer layers. The Sun will one day be a white dwarf (in about 6 - 7 billion years, so don't hold your breath). Because of complicated quantum physics, it turns out that white dwarfs can only have so much mass; if they exceed about 1.4 times the mass of the Sun they can collapse, either forming an even denser neutron star, or exploding as a supernova.
I have no idea how it all started. I do like to know what we can find out, but I think the "theory for everything" is a bit ambitious. The mysteries are kind of fun.

I see no reason worms would evolve to speak, but who knows.
good job

Morehead, KY

#98764 Apr 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The earth worm needs not evolve into cows, so why would it? Evolution is based upon the needs of survival, not wants and wishes.
Oh wait a minute, I thought you people claim to be so intelligent. What your saying is "The species "changed only due to the fact that they needed to change in order to survive." Given this information,than only one species would be here on earth,for all died because they had to change because they could not survive as they originally were. Interesting, hummmm maybe evolution is not a fact. there goes my wishful cattle farm. darn,wish you people could give us a better explanation.
So true

Franklin, KY

#98765 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>No!
I do not believe in an "Invisible man" living in the sky...
I believe in a Creator spirit living in the spirit world, an
alternate universe if you will!
He knows your heart, what is in it...
If your posting against Him just to be nasty... He knows that,
and you deserve what you asked for...
If your posting out of ignorance... you might get a pass!
See People that want to do evil... get what they sow!
That is why we post...
Been there, done that, seen the error in it...
seen the truth!
God is real, and we want you safe!
Yet... you (atheists/satanists) post with hate, calling
Evil good, and good evil...
having darkness in your hearts!
each day begins something new.. Agree with you..blessed day
excuse me

Elkhorn City, KY

#98766 Apr 6, 2013
Who was it - took peppered moths and glued to tree trunks to prove evolution - DEBUNKED

Who was it - insisted we emerged from pond scum - DEBUNKED

Honestly the lengths some will go to prove their theory

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#98767 Apr 6, 2013
good job wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wait a minute, I thought you people claim to be so intelligent. What your saying is "The species "changed only due to the fact that they needed to change in order to survive." Given this information,than only one species would be here on earth,for all died because they had to change because they could not survive as they originally were. Interesting, hummmm maybe evolution is not a fact. there goes my wishful cattle farm. darn,wish you people could give us a better explanation.
You are forgetting the fact all areas of earth are not the same. They have very different environmental factors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barterville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morgan p 20 hr Truth 8
Dumb Women in this town Wed Toots 20
Allen Thief Fryman Jun 28 Info 2
Krista Jun 27 Just saying 6
sam terrell (May '11) Jun 27 all me 28
Shane florence Jun 26 lol 2
Where is Don Padgett? (Sep '09) Jun 24 trashyho 48
More from around the web

Barterville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE