Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149910 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

facts

Mount Vernon, KY

#92743 Dec 17, 2012
The first school shooting was in the 1700s. There were many school shootings during the 1800s and early 1900s as well. You're right, the stupid "if you'd put gawd back in skooools" argument is a bit flawed.
truth wrote:
You say that if god was kept in schools these shootings would not have happened? Then tell me how come all of those children in church where raped by christian priest? Why didnt your god stop that?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92744 Dec 17, 2012

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92745 Dec 17, 2012
Melissa O wrote:
<quoted text> Couldn't have said it any better. You take God and the 10 commandments and the Pledge of Alegiance out of school. Then the law ties the principal and teachers hands by taking away spanking? I mean take a good look around of how things were when we were in school, it never once crossed my mind growing up that someone would shoot people in a school. We were allowed to bring guns in our vehicles on the racks and go hunting or target shooting after school. Know one was going to shoot anyone with it or even imagined doing it. But now the devil music kids listen to are wharping there minds and video games with so much graffiti detail that children see the blood and all the crap like that. We don't need that crap in the world. But we do need God and he is needed in our schools now more than ever, And the first schools were done in church buildings and was taught to the kids, It's when some crybaby had to throw a pity party that they shouldn't teach that in schools Seperation of Church and State. And no corporal punishment. When I was in school we got our butts busted with a paddle at school and when I got home I got it worse, but I am a better person for it. And I hated my parents while they did it but I see they did it cause they loved me not because they were mean
And what gives you the right to force your beliefs on to my children?
That is the problem with your cult, you hate the Constitution that gives me the right to be free from your evil cult

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92746 Dec 17, 2012
Melissa O wrote:
<quoted text> Couldn't have said it any better. You take God and the 10 commandments and the Pledge of Alegiance out of school. Then the law ties the principal and teachers hands by taking away spanking? I mean take a good look around of how things were when we were in school, it never once crossed my mind growing up that someone would shoot people in a school. We were allowed to bring guns in our vehicles on the racks and go hunting or target shooting after school. Know one was going to shoot anyone with it or even imagined doing it. But now the devil music kids listen to are wharping there minds and video games with so much graffiti detail that children see the blood and all the crap like that. We don't need that crap in the world. But we do need God and he is needed in our schools now more than ever, And the first schools were done in church buildings and was taught to the kids, It's when some crybaby had to throw a pity party that they shouldn't teach that in schools Seperation of Church and State. And no corporal punishment. When I was in school we got our butts busted with a paddle at school and when I got home I got it worse, but I am a better person for it. And I hated my parents while they did it but I see they did it cause they loved me not because they were mean
So you advocate beating children and anything YOU do not care for should be banned. Are you god? You sure act like it.
Wait, since your god is made up and he hates everything you hate you must be god.
The world does not revolve around you and EVERY ONE has the same rights that you do

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92747 Dec 17, 2012
Mellisa O, The ten commandments are in the OLD testament, they no longer apply.
Or else you should obey all of the laws in the old testament????

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92748 Dec 17, 2012
Hey melissa O, Was your god powerless to stop the shooter from killing 20 innocent children, or did he just not care?
If he is powerless why worship him? If he just did not care then he is evil

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#92749 Dec 17, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Mellisa O, The ten commandments are in the OLD testament, they no longer apply.
Or else you should obey all of the laws in the old testament????
Is that the reason you covet thy neighbors ass, while it is grazing in the pasture? Goats, sheep, Barbie Dolls? Naughty boy.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#92750 Dec 17, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Hey melissa O, Was your god powerless to stop the shooter from killing 20 innocent children, or did he just not care?
If he is powerless why worship him? If he just did not care then he is evil
God was powerless... But One teacher with a Glock would not have been...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92751 Dec 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
God was powerless... But One teacher with a Glock would not have been...
And my argument for that is if the school would have had ONE armed person at least 25 other people would be alive.
I hear some people saying "gun control" well do you think that a person who is going to murder some one is going to worry about an illegal weapons charge? ONE armed person, just ONE

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92752 Dec 17, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the reason you covet thy neighbors ass, while it is grazing in the pasture? Goats, sheep, Barbie Dolls? Naughty boy.
Not any of my neighbors but my wife has this one friend that...well never mind

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92753 Dec 17, 2012
Melissa Gregory Osbourne? From Lawrenceburg? Yea, you are a wackjob freak

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92754 Dec 17, 2012
So Melissa, is your husband Jimmy a wack job batshit crazy freak as well?
Do you beat your three children?
Hey Mellisa, keep your evil cult away from my daughter.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92755 Dec 17, 2012
So Mellisa, you follow the bible? How much for your oldest daughter, she is a hottie. You do sell your daughters right? Because that is what the bible says, the bible is the word of god right? So you can not disobey god right?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92756 Dec 17, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
So Mellisa, you follow the bible? How much for your oldest daughter, she is a hottie. You do sell your daughters right? Because that is what the bible says, the bible is the word of god right? So you can not disobey god right?
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92757 Dec 17, 2012
Hey Mellisa Gregory Osbourne, First Timothy chapter one verse twelve, you may not speak to me because I am a man and you are a lowly female by YOUR bible.
I am glad us good Satanist do not follow your evil bible.
DISCLAIMER: I do NOT believe in this kind of oppression of women and I fully support a womans EQUAL RIGHTS. I am just pointing out to the poodle hairdo freak Mellisa that she does not believe in her own bible.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#92758 Dec 17, 2012
Buahahahahaha Get em SP. And they call us trolls! Hahaha, I love when they only spew empty rhetoric in hopes that it persuades someone.

If she responds anymore, it will be with empty threats and useless accusations. All while being tied to some scripture that she think will 'instill fear' into your mind. Sort of like what 'Just Some Guy' was/is trying to do with Me, as well you. They'll use every breathe of air in their body to attempt a justification for their stance. When we say constitution, they scream the original four-fathers are Christians.

Where oh WHERE did these people earn an education at? I'd like to see these text books from which they read! Lets all read and agree to a literal interpretation, that Noah really did live with dinosaurs and he even had multiple pairs of every species. Yup, 200+ ton brontosauruses, on a boat 200 ft long... yup, sounds reasonable.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92759 Dec 17, 2012
Lordy wrote:
Buahahahahaha Get em SP. And they call us trolls! Hahaha, I love when they only spew empty rhetoric in hopes that it persuades someone.
If she responds anymore, it will be with empty threats and useless accusations. All while being tied to some scripture that she think will 'instill fear' into your mind. Sort of like what 'Just Some Guy' was/is trying to do with Me, as well you. They'll use every breathe of air in their body to attempt a justification for their stance. When we say constitution, they scream the original four-fathers are Christians.
Where oh WHERE did these people earn an education at? I'd like to see these text books from which they read! Lets all read and agree to a literal interpretation, that Noah really did live with dinosaurs and he even had multiple pairs of every species. Yup, 200+ ton brontosauruses, on a boat 200 ft long... yup, sounds reasonable.
Dont forget talking snakes and donkeys, man they must have had some good desert cactus then.
They do not even follow their own bible, they pick and choose from it anything to elevate themselves above every one else.
Oh yeah

Jackson, KY

#92760 Dec 17, 2012
I ask them there good Christians on another thread to make a pledge on here to pull out of their pocket and provide a x-mas for some Children this year...They shut up quickly....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92761 Dec 17, 2012
Oh yeah wrote:
I ask them there good Christians on another thread to make a pledge on here to pull out of their pocket and provide a x-mas for some Children this year...They shut up quickly....
Yes, these same christians crying about the shooting in CT. are the same people who cross the street to avoid the homeless and complain about the homeless being an eyesore and demand that they be run off.
Not a one of them believes in the bible, it is all about social status and wealth with them.
Oh, and Mellisa Gregory Osbourne, you lied! You have NEVER let a homeless person in to your home, typical christian lying
Oh yeah

Jackson, KY

#92762 Dec 17, 2012
Yeah they shut up with a swiftness when you challenge them to do something neither you SP or I would probably never hesitate to do. Like feed a Child

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barterville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ignorant men !! Wed Walker 12
anyone seen brian ockerman today? (Jul '11) Jul 26 HhhbKy 4
Eric and amy Jul 25 Lars 4
Brad lenox Jul 24 dave 16
joshua haddix (Apr '13) Jul 24 Court 7
Why did Garrett's close? Jul 23 Angel 10
Hot men (Aug '15) Jul 23 Paris princess 11

Barterville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance