'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
64,721 - 64,740 of 147,378 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
G'night Ari!
Sleep well I hope :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Pisces
Happy New Year, Pisces! How's your head this morning? Get rid of the hangover and youÕll start the new year with courage, determination and spiritual reflection. Today brings a sense of calm and you'll be able to confront an issue that's been swept under the carpet. Use some diplomacy and tact, though: you're not the only one with a sore head today!

Aquarius
Happy new year, Aquarius! Shake that bod and get into gear, because an old friend may be making a surprise visit today. There may be a small altercation with parents or siblings, but hey, it's that wonderful time of year! This is a great day to network and enhance your business opportunities through social contacts, but your partner might not be so pleased!

Libra
Happy New Year, Libra!. How's that poor old body feeling this morning?! If you're having a gathering, include casual acquaintances or newcomers as if they were one of the family. You're a real social animal and you know how to put people at their ease. This is a wonderful talent: not only do you have a network of friends and social contacts, as well as business ones, but you have the ability to bring others together. Perhaps you should start a dating agency this year!

Aries
Happy New Year, Aries! Grasp 2013 by the horns as only you can, and make your dreams come true. This year you'll enjoy the company of those you love, more than you have for some time. Happy news, romance and affection are strongly accented, particularly regarding children and loved ones. Creative projects get the astral go ahead. Friendships and the attainment of your goals are favoured this year. An opportunity that comes out of the blue needs to be taken quickly, otherwise you could miss out.

Leo
Happy New Year Leo! I hope you had a fantastic night on the prowl... Celebrating the new year with your family will allow you to surround yourself with pleasure and joy (just keep the aspirin with you). It's your chance to do as you wish, leaving everyone else to wonder what you're up to! When you're in this great mood, the only person you're responsible to is yourself. Even in full pursuit of pleasure, your generosity is spectacular.

Sagittarius
Happy New Year, Sagittarius! Despite the headache, your motivation level is high today, setting a trend for the rest of the year. You'll be surrounded by relatives and friends all year and will work passionately to help them, as you do. Things go smoothly today, and you're absorbed with the duties of new year. Be careful that you don't neglect your own health, though. You can't help others if you're run down.

Lil late ... huh ???:)
Really

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

House voted 257-167

151 republicans voted to raise taxes!!! even Boehner & Ryan!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

House Vote Done: Boehner / Ryan “Yea”– Cantor / McCarthy “Nay” 257-167 Bill Passes…

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/01/0...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

ABC Report: Hugo Chavez DEAD ??
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

He is Clinically Dead, BUT will not be officially announced till after the 10th ...

NOT giving my source ... ;0)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Never-before-seen photos from 100 years ago tell vivid story of gritty New York City

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21344...

I thought them interesting ...
Maybe more will ...
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ. We don't want to get rid of entitlement programs.Just stop spending and wasting billions on them. People need jobs to earn a living for them selves. There's disabled and sick people who really do need it.
Obama wants to give billions to illegals and let tax payers pay for it.
Obama wants to bankrupt america so to make us weak and ripe for a government control society.
He has spent billions of tax payers money and what do we have to show for it. NOTTHING! Tax payers money vanishes into thin air.{I suspect it really gets into the Islamic hands for weapons,to be used against us }
If what he did helped to get jobs, there wouldn't be so many people on welfare.They have no incentive to look for work and get off welfare, because with food stamps, they get more drawing welfare than they do working.
When my husband was a young man just out of Vietnam he came home to no job and drew unemployment. He lived at home with his parents and had fun with his friends till the unemployment ran out, then he had to star looking for work and found {and found it} That's what people used to do because they knew the had to eat.
Obama doesn't care about the people he's keeping on welfare and out of jobs, they helped to get him re elected and now he can finish destroying this country.
Who are Liberals?
Moochers who elect looters to steal from producers.
Liberals are all about love, they love poor people as long as they stay poor.
They love Choices...as long it's not in education, energy, healthcare or commerce.
They love Rights..As long as we're not talking about the rights of the unborn.
They love Black people.. as long as they stay on the democratic plantation.
Yeah, they just love us to DEATH.

I don't know how anybody could nix you on this, Syl, because everything you said has and is happening.

Some people just love that little X and Nut up there don't they?

Anyway, from me: Good post!!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

New York woman arrested over Newtown donations scam
Agents say she lied to them during their investigation.

According to the federal complaint,Nouel Alba posed as a victim's relative and used Facebook, phone calls and text messages to solicit money for a funeral fund.
http://www.khou.com/news/crime/New-York-woman...

Sickening ... on top of scum!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how anybody could nix you on this, Syl, because everything you said has and is happening.
Some people just love that little X and Nut up there don't they?
Anyway, from me: Good post!!!!
Hi Jay :)
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Kansas Sperm Donor For Lesbian Couple Faces Child Support Suit From State
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/30/kans...
NOTHING but politics ...!!!
SEE what liberalism gets ya?????
When you go to messing with God's way of FERTILIZING an EGG!
Fine MESS that's turning OUT to BE ... huh ...???
``````````
First, you should know that in the United States, there are no laws governing such things. Rather, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and other expert groups (such as the American Association of Tissue Banks) issue recommendations and guidelines which they encourage practitioners and agencies to use in exchange for accreditation.
http://www.fertilitycommunity.com/fertility/s...

That'll give some of these guys something to think about won't it?

Just another pan of worms in Pandora's Box.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Ok, last night on some title, which I can no longer find, it claimed that Obama had rescinded on giving pay raises to lawmakers. There was reported to be a petition on the White House web site where citizen's complained about this.

These millionaires don't need a pay raise. We do!!!

Meanwhile:

Washington – Alaska's senators are joining a growing group of lawmakers urging President Obama to rescind a recent executive order granting pay increases to Congress and other federal officials, saying the move doesn't jibe with the country's debt crisis.

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., introduced legislation Monday that would rescind the pay raises.

“I am calling on my colleagues in the House and Senate to rescind President Obama’s executive order that gives members of Congress a pay raise," she said in a statement. "This executive order was not requested by Congress and we should reject it. We have a spending problem in our country and we should be looking for areas to cut spending. At a time when families across the country are cutting back we should not increase government spending and add to the debt burden by giving members of Congress a pay raise. We need to begin with ourselves and I urge my colleagues to join me in this effort.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/31/ob...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
That'll give some of these guys something to think about won't it?
Just another pan of worms in Pandora's Box.
Won't it now!
Ya go messing where ya shouldn't be messing
is "dangerous" in my book ...
To their own hide.

They ate just "reaping what they sowed" from back then ... ;0)
More to come, I'm sure.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jay :)
Hello A L.....interesting dialog on here today. Such crazy things going on in this world today. I watched the votes come in tonight on raising taxes, etc. After listening to the speeches, I knew it would pass.

Now we'll see what they cut in spending. But don't hold you're breath.

By the way, Happy New Year!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
Ok, last night on some title, which I can no longer find, it claimed that Obama had rescinded on giving pay raises to lawmakers. There was reported to be a petition on the White House web site where citizen's complained about this.
These millionaires don't need a pay raise. We do!!!
Meanwhile:
Washington – Alaska's senators are joining a growing group of lawmakers urging President Obama to rescind a recent executive order granting pay increases to Congress and other federal officials, saying the move doesn't jibe with the country's debt crisis.
Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., introduced legislation Monday that would rescind the pay raises.
“I am calling on my colleagues in the House and Senate to rescind President Obama’s executive order that gives members of Congress a pay raise," she said in a statement. "This executive order was not requested by Congress and we should reject it. We have a spending problem in our country and we should be looking for areas to cut spending. At a time when families across the country are cutting back we should not increase government spending and add to the debt burden by giving members of Congress a pay raise. We need to begin with ourselves and I urge my colleagues to join me in this effort.”
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/31/ob...
Great site Jay!
Haven't even had TV on today ;0)
I needed a day without 'talking heads'... Ha ...

Almost made it except for being on here :)
````````
"We haven't been able to produce a budget in three years," she said. "The last thing this Congress needs right now is a pay increase."
Obama signed an executive order last week that will lift a ban on pay freezes for federal employees.
Rank-and-file members of Congress would all see a $900 bump next year -- up from $174,000. Congressional leaders will receive a slightly higher raise, with the House speaker receiving a $1,100 salary increase to $224,600. The top two Senate leaders will see pay rise $1,000, to $194,400.
Vice President Biden, meanwhile, will see his pay increase from $225,521 last year to $231,900 after his raise goes into effect March 27, 2013.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/31/ob...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

THE END OF AMERICA: WHY ROMNEY LOST
Exclusive: Pamela Geller traces death of the republic to 2 short words

“free stuff.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/the-end-of-america...

How 'bout
Vote Fraud ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

SHERIFFS CALLED OUT TO FIGHT THE LAW
Local officers predicted to be key to preventing gun confiscation

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/sheriffs-called-ou...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello A L.....interesting dialog on here today. Such crazy things going on in this world today. I watched the votes come in tonight on raising taxes, etc. After listening to the speeches, I knew it would pass.
Now we'll see what they cut in spending. But don't hold you're breath.
By the way, Happy New Year!
Happy New Year
to you TOO :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

AMERICA: FACE REALITY OR DIE
Exclusive: Christopher Monckton of Brenchley has stout medicine for U.S. politicians

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/america-face-reali...
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Never-before-seen photos from 100 years ago tell vivid story of gritty New York City
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21344...
I thought them interesting ...
Maybe more will ...

I thought they were great.

Two years ago my FIL sent me this video and explanation. It might take awhile to play because each computer runs at it's own speed, but take a look at this if you like historical stuff.

The explanation as follows:

You might need either one of the links....

----------

104 YEAR OLD FILM CLIP - San Francisco , California -[April 1906] Note: San Francisco 1906 earthquake 5:12 a.m. on Wednesday, April 18, 1906

This is a real treasure! "You are there" for a cable car ride in San
Francisco . This film was "lost" for many years. It was the first 35 mm
film ever. It was taken by camera mounted on the front of a cable car. The
number of automobiles is staggering for 1906. Absolutely amazing! The
clock tower at the end of Market Street at the Embarcadero wharf is still
there. How many "street cleaning" people were employed to pick up after the horses? Who knows! Talk about going green.

Great historical film! Watch the scampering as "Joe Public" races away from autos, horses, cable cars and bicycles and the willy-nilly traffic pattern
of visible autos, trucks, horse drawn
carriages and bikes on Market Street.

This film, originally thought
to be from 1905 until David Kiehn with the
Niles Essanay
Silent Film Museum figured out exactly when it was shot. From New York trade papers announcing the film showing to the wet streets from recent heavy rainfall & shadows indicating time of year & actual weather and conditions on historical record, even when the cars were registered (he even knows who owned them and when the plates were issued!). It was filmed only four days before the Great California Earthquake of April 18th 1906 and shipped by train to NY for processing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

http://www.youtube.com :80/watch_popup?v=NINOxRxze9k

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barterville Discussions

Search the Barterville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 18 min Anne52 81,567
Bourbon County Detention Center 1 hr Yep 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr El Hijo de curiosidad 129,058
Subrena Tapp Thu person 5
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Thu Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) Thu Flint hill bandit 1,017
guy turner Wed turner 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barterville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barterville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE