Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,485)

Showing posts 69,681 - 69,700 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Cally Da Man wrote:
Uh oh ..next topic going too be ..Thousands aliens get discovered in work place!' lol
I think it's going to be about how Tammy Faye's makeup collection wouldn't be enough to make any improvements on Nope.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

This thread is like a rerun of the love boat. I want to be Julie the cruise director
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

@Nope I was only joking about hitting on you. I was only trying to spread a little positive posting since you have had more than your share of negative lately. I also value my seclusion and self-sufficent life-style.

As for fishing gear, I now only have 8 better rod-reel combinations since I sold 23. I also sold my fancy boat when I bought the homestead, since I had already lost interest due to losing my long term fishing partner and wife.

I have fished in about every lake in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama except Eufala. I have also fished parts of Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
This thread is like a rerun of the love boat. I want to be Julie the cruise director
I won't be going. I don't like cruises since they want let me Captain the boat. All they want me to do is clean up the puke from those that get sea-sick. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

*won't.. come on eyes, you can do better than that.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

You can go AW, I'm taking over the ship. It's pootany on the Bounty. First duty as captian, it's shark feeding time. Nope & W KY goof Girl will walk the plank. I hope PETA don't find out about me abusing the sharks. Ahoy sharks eat em up.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Nope I was only joking about hitting on you. I was only trying to spread a little positive posting since you have had more than your share of negative lately. I also value my seclusion and self-sufficent life-style.
As for fishing gear, I now only have 8 better rod-reel combinations since I sold 23. I also sold my fancy boat when I bought the homestead, since I had already lost interest due to losing my long term fishing partner and wife.
I have fished in about every lake in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama except Eufala. I have also fished parts of Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida.
LOL! I already knew that, AW!! And thank you, a certain someone has been giving me what he thinks is a hard way to go. Little does he realize the utter fool he's continuing to make of himself. As I see just now that it's continuing.

I figure that since everyone has a mental image of each other, I'd clear mine up. That's why I said if anyone else had any questions, that I'd be happy to answer them as long as my privacy didn't get invaded, hehe!! Not even the Watch Tower people knock on my door around here.

I'm WAY past the point of adjusting to someone else being under my roof. And I can only assume due to your happy posts, you are as well. I'm not interested in tipping the scales at this age. It's too nice to finally be able to do as I wish, when I wish. Things are quite comfortable right now and I've always been a pretty comfortable loner, even while IN a relationship. If that makes any sense??

I've wanted a fishing boat. Even thought about trading the Harley in on one at a certain point. But I don't know squat about boat motors. I'd get out there, possibly break down, and be afloat for a month before anyone realized I was MIA..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Have you ever fished Lake Okeechobee? There are some MONSTER bass in that lake! I fished somewhere down in Florida called Lake Yale one time. Caught so many specks that you could barely get your line over the side of the boat and there was a tug on the end! That was one of the best recent fishing days I've had.

There is also a lake down there called Lake George. It's another massive body of fresh water with some brackish streams leading off it it. I caught my first huge Warmouth out of there. What a pretty fish it was! Great fishing and some awesome secluded campsites with nothing around for miles. It's up near the Ocala National Forest.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
You can go AW, I'm taking over the ship. It's pootany on the Bounty. First duty as captian, it's shark feeding time. Nope & W KY goof Girl will walk the plank. I hope PETA don't find out about me abusing the sharks. Ahoy sharks eat em up.
UNa, you know I don't follow you or anyone else on this thread, much less out on a ship. I would rather go on a 3 hour cruise with Gilligan. LOL Besides, I have my eye on Lovey if we can only get away from Jim Backus. LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Is anyone having an issue with that reply notice thing on here? Is anyone else seeing that it's bringing up replies from things that are days old, even after you remove them? Or is it just mine that's acting up??

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I already knew that, AW!! And thank you, a certain someone has been giving me what he thinks is a hard way to go. Little does he realize the utter fool he's continuing to make of himself. As I see just now that it's continuing.
I figure that since everyone has a mental image of each other, I'd clear mine up. That's why I said if anyone else had any questions, that I'd be happy to answer them as long as my privacy didn't get invaded, hehe!! Not even the Watch Tower people knock on my door around here.
I'm WAY past the point of adjusting to someone else being under my roof. And I can only assume due to your happy posts, you are as well. I'm not interested in tipping the scales at this age. It's too nice to finally be able to do as I wish, when I wish. Things are quite comfortable right now and I've always been a pretty comfortable loner, even while IN a relationship. If that makes any sense??
I've wanted a fishing boat. Even thought about trading the Harley in on one at a certain point. But I don't know squat about boat motors. I'd get out there, possibly break down, and be afloat for a month before anyone realized I was MIA..
There's no sense in bing that way. I would love to go fishing with you. I'll even furnish the anchor and chain. I'll even let you keep the anchor and chain. No strings attached, just a chain.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you are right on about me. As for mental image, I am 6 foot tall and 200 pounds and quite capable of taking care of myself even though I am in my late 60s. My outdoors activities keeps me in as good a shape as an old man can be. I Wore a suit and tie in my career for years and took all that stuff to Goodwill when I retired. I now wear jeans, boots, and a western hat, even to church. Thin on top but not bald even though it appears that way in photos. Driver's license people aggravated me recently when I had to remove my hat. LOL

I have not fished Ocechobee (or however you spell it). I fished mainly Lake Apopka up next to Ocala. Couple other lakes around there that I can't remember the names right off. I also fished the swamp area on the Georgia-Fla border. My friend cast at a log and I said don't you disturb that alligator. He said it is just a log. I said then why is that log coming to get you? lol Luckily, the outboard motor cranked right up. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>There's no sense in bing that way. I would love to go fishing with you. I'll even furnish the anchor and chain. I'll even let you keep the anchor and chain. No strings attached, just a chain.
I was raised on an island and when I was 11 I was allowed to scuba with my own spear gun. I thought I was so cool till I actually used it and was horrified as they fish kept swimming towards me bleeding and attached to my spear! I kept to reef observation and pretending I was a mermaid after that
good ole days

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
We know. lol But I like you anyway Sybil. We just have to agree to disagree on some things. Not all your post are farfetched. We argued about that for almost a year. Yet agree on a lot things.
Global Warming is Geo Engineered Using Chemtrails
Published on Jan 16, 2013
Rosalind Peterson is California President and Co-Founder of the Agriculture Defense Coalition (ADC). The ADC was formed in 2006, to protect agricultural from a wide variety of experimental weather
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I know a conrail when I see it and I still see CHEMtrail activity up here in the Louisville/Ft Knox area. Planes take off out of either place head in one direction and keep going, they don't pair up and criss cross the sky for hours leaving CHEMtrails. I know what I am looking at and have researched it extensely. You know, I shared it.
Have a sunshiny day Sybil.:)
thanks, hope your day has been nice too. Although we did disagree at times, I really do miss those good ole days when you and OJG would gang up on me...I still have fond memories of those earlier times on this thread and hope that maybe some day we can rekindle those passionate and heated exchanges ; )
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Well, it's certainly good to hear from you! And I'm glad you're back too! Everyone will be! We wondered if your PC took a dumb or if you had gotten ill. So how was your trip to Japan?
It was great. Long hours on a friends private jet but could of been worse. I went to Japan to pick up a katana (Shinken) I had requested built two years ago by 87 year old sword master Kanekuni Ogawa. It was educational and eye opening. Their coffee sucks long time.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I know Apopka very well. And also the Leesburg area. I've been all over Florida and some point and time. Wasn't impressed with the Keys, although they were really pretty as far as the ocean waters. My opinion was that it seemed pretty dumpy unless you stick to the touristy shops and what not. And I would much rather be away from all the commotion...

My hubby took a vacation down there quite a while back went on a weekend canoing trip once that we put in at a place in Winder Springs Florida. We were going to canoe all the way down and had some friends who were going to pick us up farther downstream. Well, the creek got a bit narrow at one spot and I happened to look over and a gator longer than our canoe was slithering down the bank. Bumped that canoe on his way underneath us too. I about had a heart attack. It could have flipped us in an instant.

A couple of days later, we went to Lake Jessup. That's up near Oviedo Florida. Now talk about gators? That lake is plumb FULL of them. There is a little island in the middle of it, and if I remember correctly it's called "Bird Island". Supposedly you would have to walk across their backs to get around. We didn't go close enough to verify that... Not after what happened a couple of days before on that other creek.. LOL!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

*My hubby and I took a vacation.

I can't type well this afternoon for some reason. Must have gotten sun stroke outside today, ROFLMBO!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
It was great. Long hours on a friends private jet but could of been worse. I went to Japan to pick up a katana (Shinken) I had requested built two years ago by 87 year old sword master Kanekuni Ogawa. It was educational and eye opening. Their coffee sucks long time.
Interesting! I'll have to Google that!!

Funny you should mention a private jet. When you said where you'd been, I immediately went "Ewww" when my thoughts switched to that long of a flight and having so much unknown human breath all around me. I'm pretty strange that way.... Might sound odd to some, but I don't like closed quarters either. And planes aren't very comfortable these days as it is. They're more like a Greyhound bus in the sky as far as I'm concerned...

I didn't know they even drank much coffee over there. You always assume that it's tea country, probably due to stereotypes.

Glad you got your "Shinkin". As soon as I'm reasonably sure not to burn dinner, I'll dig into the internet and look that up.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

@Nope it was Leesburg area where we went, not Ocala. I wanted to go fishing but the 2 guys with me wanted to spend all their time in some country western bar. I left them there and went on fishing and came back and they were all dejected over having spent $240 of their money on bar tabs on the girls that got away. I said "Look, none of mine got away and I only spent $5. LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> I Wore a suit and tie in my career for years and took all that stuff to Goodwill when I retired.
The bulk of my career was spent in hospital scrubs. Comfy, yeah. But when I retired I never wanted to see another pair of them in the wash basket again so I threw them all away. Should have taken them to GoodWillies I suppose, but the way I am about getting out and about, they would probably STILL be packed up in a box somewhere out in the shed. Even after I moved..
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,681 - 69,700 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barterville Discussions

Search the Barterville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Are we back to this 128,012
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Le Jimbo 144,934
when the cats away 2 hr weird 9
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr LMS 26,173
MaryBeth Browning 20 hr Lee Roy Brown 4
clappitty clap clap whos got the clap Sat Bill 2
How would you rate Dawn Letcher as County Attor... (Nov '12) Fri Melvin 142
•••
•••
•••
Barterville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••